Maroons Origin III Squad

Any conversation involving AP goes around in circles.

so because Gillett once *almost* ran down a centre who had turned half of the engines off, it means hes faster than Taylor?

check out all the highlights in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNX_ywb1_lM

remember you also claimed that Gillett has the advantage under the high ball "because hes not as heavy" lol. there were 2 or 3 tries from Taylor jumping to catch bombs in there, along with another bomb catch or 2. dont remember Gillett doing that.

from what we've seen from both players, you cannot say that Gillett looks to be the better player. you just cant. Taylor has done things already that Gillett can only hope to do. Gillett has done nothing that Taylor hasnt already shown he can do.
The bold part is why no one will take you seriously. If the chaser had been Taylor, the other guy would have been the faster runner of the NRL at full pelt!
Regardless, that wasn't a centre, it was Justin O'Neill at full flight. You know... the winger nicknamed "The Ferrari" by your favourite trainer Bellamy.

You've just confirmed my point about Taylor being a highlight reel player. I've never denied he can do freakish stuff or that he has amazing hands for a man his size, and that has never been my problem with him. Used well, he is a fantastic weapon close to the line.
Besides, I'm sure that although Matt Gillett has far less experience in the NRL, with a bit of effort, I could put together a highlight reel of Gillett's amazing offloads, ball catches and tries. I will also be able to put in great defensive efforts, something I doubt can be found in a Taylor reel...

Anyway, my problem is that he is a powder puff, has zero aggression, lacks the mentality to do the hard work, and will always try to embellish what he does to fits the mentioned reels. That tells me that he IS NOT an Origin player, because you can't afford any of the above mentioned flaws in the Origin Arena. You can only trust one of them to go out there and give 110% for the team and his mates.

We can disagree about who is the better player under the high ball, or who is the best defender, as those things are always a matter of opinion, and as such... subjective. It's really not important what you or I think, unlike the other guy that prefers Gillett to Taylor. You know, the guy that coached Qld to 6 consecutive Origin series victories... Maybe you can tell him how wrong he is!

The bold part is why no one will take you seriously. If the chaser had been Taylor, the other guy would have been the faster runner of the NRL at full pelt!

back that up with something or STFU. dont try and put words in my mouth to try and make yourself feel better. its hilarious that you think people dont take ME seriously. you of all people lol.

you said taylors a better player in every way. hes not. you said at his best hes better than taylor. hes not, from what we've seen.

i do LOVE how you use Gilletts selection for justification that you are right though lol. absolute joke you are.

as nashy requested, im done with the gillett vs taylor conversation with you. like with every other conversation with you, its like speaking to a brain dead child with his fingers in his ears going blah blah blah blah blah.

on the maroons squad, apart from Taylors dropping I like it. Inglis at fullback is the best thing for the team, and Nielsen is by no means a bad player. we dont need him to score points, we need inglis to score them and to set them up. inglis getting his hands on the ball 30+ times from fullback is the way to do that, as is evident by him leading line breaks for the NRL this season.

I still dont like Civoniceva there over McGuire, nor Gillett over Taylor, but at least i can understand the civo/mcguire decision. ill never understand the other one.

Everyone just let it go. Your not getting anywhere prattling on like this.

There is a simple solution, even when QLD win next Wednesday was can still see how much impact Gillette had on the game and whether it was the right decision or not. I hope he has a blinder for QLD but AP is right in saying that Taylor has had more form for QLD than Gillette has - seriously, just talking origin here, Gillette has not exactly performed really well in the origin arena.

Anyway, for QLD I hope Gillette plays well and post game we can see whether it was the right decision. Choosing Gillette definitely broadened NSW defensive options - and we have to cover T-Rex running a rampage if he plays the same as last weekend.

So anyway. Let's discuss some different players.

Can i get an explanation on why Parker is better than Dallas Johnson and deserves his spot more than him.

Parker actually offers something with the football where as Johnson is just barely a better defender...and that could be debatable.

That's some serious Broncos sacrilege Son Edo, tread carefully.

Last edited:
Parker actually offers something with the football where as Johnson is just barely a better defender...and that could be debatable.

That's some seriously Broncos sacrilege Son Edo, tread carefully.

I thought so. I never intended to say DJ was better, some people wanted him over Parker which i disagree with and wanted to hear your thoughts.

Broncos sacrilege, whats that?

It's where you say something profane about the Broncos.

Like Johns > Lockyer.

To repent you have to recite 'Hey Hey We're The Broncos' ten times in Lockyer's voice.

That is clearly debatable. I'm a huge fan of Parker, but Johnson is easily the better defender.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Stix
  • LittleDavey
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  • Financeguy
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.