#NoGreen

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I'm reading way too much about Green being one of the front runners to replace Siebold if he goes.

First off, I commend Green for his against the odds victory against the Broncos in 2015 (shout out to Ben Hunt).
It was a commendable effort also from Green to get walloped in a Grand Final in 2017 after limp dicking into the eight.

14, 15,16, 17 4 finals appreances / 2 GF appearance / 1 Premiership. Amazing stats. This looks like a coach I want.

Now let's analzye his recent form... or lack of it.

18, 19, 17 wins / 31 losses / 0 Final Appreances . Oh ok, 2020 might be different. It's been a harsh run of injuries.

20 3 wins from 10 games. He has "parted ways" with his club leaving the Cowboys in a position identical to the Broncos worst year. Gutless and cowardly.

Green has been an awful coach for the last 3 years, and hiring Green is a mistake. A huge mistake, and the board needs to know. #NoGreen

Last edited:
2017 was Michael Morgan vs the world after limping into 8th based on results of other teams.

Cowboys fans couldn't wait to get rid of the bloke since then. Had some players that looked like future stars regress and showed way too much loyalty to guys well past it (Gavin Cooper, Justin O'Neill)

I'm reading way too much about Green being one of the front runners to replace Siebold if he goes.

First off, I commend Green for his against the odds victory against the Broncos in 2015 (shout out to Ben Hunt).
It was a commendable effort also from Green to get walloped in a Grand Final in 2017 after limp dicking into the eight.

14, 15,16, 17 4 finals appreances / 2 GF appearance / 1 Premiership. Amazing stats. This looks like a coach I want.

Now let's analzye his recent form... or lack of it.

18, 19, 17 wins / 31 losses / 0 Final Appreances . Oh ok, 2020 might be different. It's been a harsh run of injuries.

20 3 wins from 10 games. He has "parted ways" with his club leaving the Cowboys in a position identical to the Broncos worst year. Gutless and cowardly.

Green has been an awful coach for the last 3 years, and hiring Green is a mistake. A huge mistake, and the board needs to know. #NoGreen

Brave deed coming on an internet forum and calling someone gutless and cowardly ( No mirrors at your place) for a decision that was mutually agreed as being in the best interest of the club.
You are calling for Seibs to do exactly the same thing, will he be gutless and cowardly too.

Gutless and cowardly would also fit someone who participated in the rumour mongering about seibs and then was shitting the bed that they would be found out and have to face what they had done.

Brave deed coming on an internet forum and calling someone gutless and cowardly ( No mirrors at your place) for a decision that was mutually agreed as being in the best interest of the club.
You are calling for Seibs to do exactly the same thing, will he be gutless and cowardly too.
Well...Siebs at least has gotten his teams to qualify for the finals in '18, '19 unlike Dropkick Green.

Gutless and cowardly would also fit someone who participated in the rumour mongering about seibs and then was shitting the bed that they would be found out and have to face what they had done.

If you're trying to describe when I asked what powers they had to go through group messages, that was asking from a civili liberies and digital privacy curiousity standpoint. Particulaly since it was a civil case and not a criminal/national security one. At no point would I ever be concerned about asking for rumors or spreading rumors in private messages. So you missed that mark on that one. It's an idiotic mistake you keep making, mistaking curiousity for fear.

Last edited:
Legit questions:

How did cows lose Ponga?

What happened to Hess? Wasn't he the next big thing out of the cows in his debut year?

Morgan has been very average for a long time, why?

Last edited:
No from me but there's no name calling involved. I just didn't see much in the way the Cows played that made me think, what a great team. However, if he is picked I think he'll do a fair job, especially in the first two years. I'll support whatever decision the Broncos make and Green wouldn't be the worst choice possible.

Well...Siebs at least has gotten his teams to qualify for the finals in '18, '19 unlike Dropkick Green.

If you're trying to describe when I asked what powers they had to go through group messages, that was asking from a civili liberies and digital privacy curiousity standpoint. Particulaly since it was a civil case and not a criminal/national security one. At no point would I ever be concerned about asking for rumors or spreading rumors in private messages. So you missed that mark on that one. It's an idiotic mistake you keep making, mistaking curiousity for fear.
Yep same argument, judge a career on the most recent years with no consideration for the cause. Even the greatest coach of all time, Wayne , says a coach is only as good as his players.

Mate, I could smell the stink coming over the internet. Your zippers were rusting from the piss.

Legit questions:

How did cows lose Ponga?

What happened to Hess? Wasn't he the next big thing out of the cows in his debut year?

From memory, Cowgirls fans were complaining that Greenie had some obsession with Lachlan Coote over Ponga and Kalyn saw better opportunities to play first grade at the Knights.I think $$$ also played a part in Ponga's decision to leave. Maybe a more pressing question would be: how the **** did the Broncos ever lose Ponga when we had him on a scholarship since he was 12 years old I believe?!

No from me but there's no name calling involved. I just didn't see much in the way the Cows played that made me think, what a great team. However, if he is picked I think he'll do a fair job, especially in the first two years. I'll support whatever decision the Broncos make and Green wouldn't be the worst choice possible.
He absolutely had a rigid way of playing that worked when he had a legend 7. I remember posting in 2018 that his block play on block play was old and predictable and it needed to change. Every other team was on to their style. I think he did make changes this year but lost Morgan for the time he was there.
I really want Kevvie to get his chance but if it falls Greens way I reckon he will improve our performances.

From a board perspective Green appears to be the best option... he's an experienced NRL coach, won a premiership with a second GF not long after and he's a former bronco. However, when I watch the cowboys I see nothing resembling a well coached modern football team.

I see block play after block play, I don't see much in terms of defensive structures or quick rucks to build momentum. Their play style seems to be completely reliant on Tmol making 200+ meters a game, getting penalites to get out of their own end and a scrambling defence built on attitude. Yes attitude is an issue with the broncos, but we have no senior group to lead them... unlike the cows which is full of has beens.

Players still getting contracts and games despite playing several years too many (Cooper, O'Neill, Coote) ... Losing extremely talented youngsters (Ponga, Kikau, BSmith and probably more)... zero confidence in young players (Asiata at 6 over Clifford last year, Hampton on the wing over any young outside backs, Hammer not being on the wing from the get go this year, Tuala coming into grade then dropping back out last year... I'm sure cows fans have many more).

At this point in time the broncos need a coach that will rebuild all the damage that this completely inept board have done... the media pressure at the moment is ridiculous and the club is copping it from all angles (old boys, fans, media (obviously), NSWRL, in-fighting, etc.).

Kevvie provides a bridge to the old boys and having them around will start to rebuild the culture with the playing group.

Last edited:
Green is not a good long term coaching option in my opinion. He seems to be a coach who is able to immediately get the best out of an already put together roster and because of that, he can bring instant success to a club that has been on the edge of the top 8 for a few years.

He is able to give that team that extra something that they were perhaps lacking. However, that's where it ends for him as a coach. He is unable to maintain that immediate success as he has shown that he is not willing to adapt or evolve the way the team plays. As soon as the better teams start figuring out his game plan, his style of play become stale and predictable.

He is also not a coach who likes to develop players, and his recruitment is not great either. He would much rather play the same busted has-beens rather than promote young talent or rejuvenate the squad by making some quality signings. I would hate to lose some promising youngsters due to lack of opportunities or because of a lack of trust from the coach.

Unless he realises his mistakes, I would prefer we looked at the other coaching options. The fact he played essentially the exact same style throughout his entire Cowboys tenure, without realising it does not work anymore, is quite worrying and doesn't give much confidence that he would have learnt from his errors.

Green could be pretty good as Origin coach though.

Legit questions:

How did cows lose Ponga?

I think a lot of them losing Ponga was down to the influence of his father and the huge offer he got from Newcastle. Hess i always thought was better coming off the bench as an impact player, Green tried to turn him into a starter before he was ready and i think his game has suffered from it.

I dont want Green as coach. He is way too uptight and from what i hear doesnt take any kind of criticism on board. If he could adapt he may become a good coach again. I just dont see it. Too set in his ways and doesnt seem to trust the younger players.

Green is not a good long term coaching option in my opinion. He seems to be a coach who is able to immediately get the best out of an already put together roster and because of that, he can bring instant success to a club that has been on the edge of the top 8 for a few years.

He is able to give that team that extra something that they were perhaps lacking. However, that's where it ends for him as a coach. He is unable to maintain that immediate success as he has shown that he is not willing to adapt or evolve the way the team plays. As soon as the better teams start figuring out his game plan, his style of play become stale and predictable.

He is also not a coach who likes to develop players, and his recruitment is not great either. He would much rather play the same busted has-beens rather than promote young talent or rejuvenate the squad by making some quality signings. I would hate to lose some promising youngsters due to lack of opportunities or because of a lack of trust from the coach.

Unless he realises his mistakes, I would prefer we looked at the other coaching options. The fact he played essentially the exact same style throughout his entire Cowboys tenure, without realising it does not work anymore, is quite worrying and doesn't give much confidence that he would have learnt from his errors.

Green could be pretty good as Origin coach though.

I dont actually think Green has a great deal to do with the recruitment up there. Parr is the driving force behind that.

I dont actually think Green has a great deal to do with the recruitment up there. Parr is the driving force behind that.
In my opinion, the Coach should have a say in who he wants playing for him. In order to make the signing work, the coach has got to have an idea of what he wants in a player based on the state of the roster and their style of play.

Either way, the rest of what I said still stands with regards to Green's deficiencies as an NRL coach long term.

I think a lot of them losing Ponga was down to the influence of his father and the huge offer he got from Newcastle. Hess i always thought was better coming off the bench as an impact player, Green tried to turn him into a starter before he was ready and i think his game has suffered from it.

I dont want Green as coach. He is way too uptight and from what i hear doesnt take any kind of criticism on board. If he could adapt he may become a good coach again. I just dont see it. Too set in his ways and doesnt seem to trust the younger players.

and that's all we got

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • Dazza 92
  • Evander
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • The True King
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.