7. Morgan
8. McLean
9. B.Smith
10. McGuire
11. Hess
12. Kikau
13. Taumalolo

Some important big names lost there.
Apart from Opacic, that is a quality side.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Mate, I could smell the stink coming over the internet. Your zippers were rusting from the piss.
It's scary, but for not because of a dumb footy rumor. It opens up a can of worms in relation to what some non-government foreign investigators can do with private conversations of Australian citizens.

Where is Paul Green these days?
Last seen running from the scene of the the Cowboys carwreck.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Cows could have had this side running out:

1. Ponga
2. Fido
3. Tuala
4. Opacic
5. Feldt
6. Clifford
7. Morgan
8. McLean
9. B.Smith
10. McGuire
11. Hess
12. Kikau
13. Taumalolo

Some important big names lost there.

Yeah but to be fair you can make that sort of list for any team in the comp outside of the Roosters. In reality those teams just can’t be put together due to the salary cap.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
He absolutely had a rigid way of playing that worked when he had a legend 7. I remember posting in 2018 that his block play on block play was old and predictable and it needed to change. Every other team was on to their style. I think he did make changes this year but lost Morgan for the time he was there.
I really want Kevvie to get his chance but if it falls Greens way I reckon he will improve our performances.
Dexter I reckon you could come in and improve our performance.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think a lot of them losing Ponga was down to the influence of his father and the huge offer he got from Newcastle. Hess i always thought was better coming off the bench as an impact player, Green tried to turn him into a starter before he was ready and i think his game has suffered from it.

I dont want Green as coach. He is way too uptight and from what i hear doesnt take any kind of criticism on board. If he could adapt he may become a good coach again. I just dont see it. Too set in his ways and doesnt seem to trust the younger players.

What is this thing about younger players- who should he have debuted?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Kikau didn't think he could get past Scott and Tamou so left, and he's not even playing prop now anyway. Scott got injured and Tamou left so if he'd waited he would have been playing at the Cowboys.

Cowboys offered Smith a two year deal and Storm went three so he went with the three. Ponga's deal was ridiculous and they couldn't match it.

Cowboys didn't do anything wrong with any of them.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
What is this thing about younger players- who should he have debuted?

I dont know a great deal about the cowboys kids coming through so I couldn't say for sure. Im surprised Gilbert hasn't been given more of a run. I didnt so much say he doesn't pick the younger players, I dont think he trusts them. He always seemed to fall back on blokes like Granville for example last year who wasn't playing great when he could have given Cotter a run. Same with Jake Clifford. Never felt he really put a lot of trust in his game.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I dont know a great deal about the cowboys kids coming through so I couldn't say for sure. Im surprised Gilbert hasn't been given more of a run. I didnt so much say he doesn't pick the younger players, I dont think he trusts them. He always seemed to fall back on blokes like Granville for example last year who wasn't playing great when he could have given Cotter a run. Same with Jake Clifford. Never felt he really put a lot of trust in his game.

Gilbert only turned 19 at the end of the year and had a great ISC, one of the best ever. He got a new deal at the end of the year and has played NRL this year- that's pretty standard progression.

I think the Cowboys are doing a pretty good job with their development.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Gilbert only turned 19 at the end of the year and had a great ISC, one of the best ever. He got a new deal at the end of the year and has played NRL this year- that's pretty standard progression.

I think the Cowboys are doing a pretty good job with their development.

Have to disagree with you there mate. I just dont think Green trusts the younger guys enough. I think he had a good opportunity to integrate players like Hola for example better than he did with Bolton and Scott coming to the end of their careers. Just my opinion, but i think they ended up with a few too many players who probably played on a year too long. Green seems to me to be the type of coach that likes tried and trusted.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Have to disagree with you there mate. I just dont think Green trusts the younger guys enough. I think he had a good opportunity to integrate players like Hola for example better than he did with Bolton and Scott coming to the end of their careers. Just my opinion, but i think they ended up with a few too many players who probably played on a year too long. Green seems to me to be the type of coach that likes tried and trusted.

Did his form for the Pride deserve more than the games he got in 2019?

He signed a four year extension at the start of that year and played NRL- a four year deal shows you have plenty of trust in him for the future. 18 ISC games and 5 NRL games with a new four year deal is pretty good for a 19 year old.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Getting rid of the senior players in favour of the young guys has worked great for us, let's keep doing it.
There is a fine balance between the two extremes though. We probably cut a few too many older guys too quickly and the Cowboys probably held on to a few of them for a little bit too long, but either way, both clubs are now propping up the table, have lost Coaches over it, and are now fighting to avoid the spoon because in both examples they have obviously gotten in wrong.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
There is a fine balance between the two extremes though. We probably cut a few too many older guys too quickly and the Cowboys probably held on to a few of them for a little bit too long, but either way, both clubs are now propping up the table, have lost Coaches over it, and are now fighting to avoid the spoon because in both examples they have obviously gotten in wrong.

So what you are saying is, Seibold to Cowboys and Green to Broncos?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rambstien
  • Smokin' Joe
  • marw
  • TimWhatley
  • mrslong
  • BroncosMan
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • bazza
  • johnny plath
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.