NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadset. What a pack of …..
They are hiding behind this:

“Wests Tigers has collaborated with Holsworthy Army Barracks, who have sighted and approved all collateral relating to the release of this jersey,” it read.

“The soldiers on the jersey simply depict the modern-day soldier serving in a desert environment.

“The image in question, which is a stock image, has been purchased under license by our official apparel partner.

“The final design was approved by NRL Licensing.”

All I read from this is “we had ONE job, and we couldn’t even do that”

To use foreign soldiers and pass them of as ANZACs?!
IT’S AN INSULT to the men and women who have their given lives and fought for our country!!

Has anyone ever heard of any professional sporting team anywhere getting their jersey design from a free image from Google.

The Tigers just can’t do anything right. Just stop Tigers.

20230404 231935

20230404 232007

20230404 232028

So, is this a hip drop? Because, I understand that this can happen pretty easily, especially with smaller players, but NRL360 were adamant it was all about landing on the legs. @H2 37:35 countdown clock

Mods, delete if incriminating 😬

Has anyone ever heard of any professional sporting team anywhere getting their jersey design from a free image from Google.
“The image in question, which is a stock image, has been purchased under license by our official apparel partner.

"As a club Wests Tigers is deeply sorry if the use of this image has in any way offended anyone. This was never our intention, and we are taking steps to rectify this.

"We have taken on board feedback from our members and fans, and we will be redesigning our 2023 commemorative jersey, immediately.

5A949343 21B6 43C9 9A61 A93C984B5F6C

Oh and it gets better 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
They had the jersey modelled by a Pom.
Nothing against Bateman, but don’t they have any Aussie or Kiwis playing for them?!

The Wests Tigers ANZAC jersey situation is IMO the very definition of a storm in a tea cup, and is a classic example of the wrong focus this crazy PC world now has.

The club tried to do the right thing, they are trying to show support and respect, but instead of gratitude they get complaints.

This is tantamount to me waving a rainbow flag in support of the LBGQT community and folks having a crack at me for getting some of the colours wrong, or forgetting a letter.

If I'm supportive of you, respectful of you, I should be appreciated for that, not condemned for getting my support wrong FFS.

And to really top of this whole joke of so called offensiveness, thy bloody well had the image checked by the ARMY.

Yes, the Tigers are a hot mess, but this is nothing.

I agree, it is nothing in the greater scope of things… HOWEVER….
It’s a simple, little and rather straightforward job. Not the task of turning a basket case of a club around.
Honouring those that fought in wars (like my relatives) just by doing something simple. IF you can’t do it, then don’t. But if you are going to, then DO IT FUCKING RIGHT. That’s all everyone is saying. No one is PC offended, or shit like that, it’s just sad that they couldn’t even get this right. Yeah they tried, but they fucked it up.

The Wests Tigers ANZAC jersey situation is IMO the very definition of a storm in a tea cup, and is a classic example of the wrong focus this crazy PC world now has.

The club tried to do the right thing, they are trying to show support and respect, but instead of gratitude they get complaints.

This is tantamount to me waving a rainbow flag in support of the LBGQT community and folks having a crack at me for getting some of the colours wrong, or forgetting a letter.

If I'm supportive of you, respectful of you, I should be appreciated for that, not condemned for getting my support wrong FFS.

And to really top of this whole joke of so called offensiveness, thy bloody well had the image checked by the ARMY.

Yes, the Tigers are a hot mess, but this is nothing.
No, I can't agree with this johno.

If they fucked up something like the club colours, a players name or something about the club's history...
Sure, shit on any & all agenda driven mob's for blowing nothing into everything.

Not this though.

@john1420
It's ANZAC mate.

Get it right.

I can almost guarantee that whoever was in charge of the design banged their head against a brick wall trying to get a similar image of Australian soldiers, and even if they were able to find something suitable, would have had to jump through so many fucking hoops (with no one knowing who has authority to sign off on its use etc), getting passed around, sitting in 5 people's "too hard, someone else deal with it" basket, and with the deadline looming, someone just had to pull the pin and say "find something on the internet". A $10 royalty-free image was a better outcome than having nothing at all.

I can almost guarantee that whoever was in charge of the design banged their head against a brick wall trying to get a similar image of Australian soldiers, and even if they were able to find something suitable, would have had to jump through so many fucking hoops (with no one knowing who has authority to sign off on its use etc), getting passed around, sitting in 5 people's "too hard, someone else deal with it" basket, and with the deadline looming, someone just had to pull the pin and say "find something on the internet". A $10 royalty-free image was a better outcome than having nothing at all.
Absolutely this. I did exactly this and ANZAC images suitable to something like this are hard to find online. Having said that, I don’t know why they didn’t go for the standard silhouette type image. They would blend perfectly into the Tigers colours.

Absolutely this. I did exactly this and ANZAC images suitable to something like this are hard to find online. Having said that, I don’t know why they didn’t go for the standard silhouette type image. They would blend perfectly into the Tigers colours.

we did have a similar jersey a couple of years ago (still one of my favs).

IIRC, we got an artist from the ADF to create the image for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.