NSW Fans

Anonymous person said:
Alec said:
Slater's record as a starting fullback in the last 4 years: 2/4 wins. And that's the 4 years that we won in a row!
Add in his 2005 (IIRC) series, and that record is even worse.

Also in the last 2 Origin matches, the opposition scored 4 tries from his mistakes (2 in Game 2 and 2 in Game 3).
Which 4 tries were scored from his mistakes? The Jaryd Hayne intercept is one, what are the other 3?

There's also his fumble for David Williams' 8 point try. If Slater had just concentrated on getting control of the ball first instead of scooping it up in the hope of running the length of the field there wouldn't have been a problem.

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
Alec said:
Slater's record as a starting fullback in the last 4 years: 2/4 wins. And that's the 4 years that we won in a row!
Add in his 2005 (IIRC) series, and that record is even worse.

Also in the last 2 Origin matches, the opposition scored 4 tries from his mistakes (2 in Game 2 and 2 in Game 3).
Which 4 tries were scored from his mistakes? The Jaryd Hayne intercept is one, what are the other 3?

There's also his fumble for David Williams' 8 point try. If Slater had just concentrated on getting control of the ball first instead of scooping it up in the hope of running the length of the field there wouldn't have been a problem.

Im assuming thats one of those 2 mistakes in each match? Id like to hear the others tho. We have the intercept to hayne, the fumble to williams.... wat are the other 2 Alec?

Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:
Now that I have seen that Slater simply cannot do the job, we need someone else, and Inglis is a better fullback than Slater anyway.
How many games has Inglis played at fullback in the last 3-4 years? How can you possibly say he's a better fullback than Slater when he's never played there in top grade rugby league for more than a fill in in a handful of matches?

We've won the last 2 series with Billy Slater as fullback, he's the current Australian Fullback, International Player of the year, Golden Boot winner, and should've been the reigning Dally M Player of the Year too - he can do the job better than any other player.

If you saw any footage of Inglis coming up through the ranks you would not deny he is a better fullback than Slater. The only reason he hasn't been playing at fullback over the last 3-4 years is so that the Storm can fit both players in the team. I know you're going to say that lower grade form doesn't count, but there is no doubt in the world that Inglis would be a better player than Slater - maybe purely for the fact that Inglis wouldn't make so many ridiculous stuff ups like Slater does.

Jeba said:
If you saw any footage of Inglis coming up through the ranks you would not deny he is a better fullback than Slater. The only reason he hasn't been playing at fullback over the last 3-4 years is so that the Storm can fit both players in the team. I know you're going to say that lower grade form doesn't count, but there is no doubt in the world that Inglis would be a better player than Slater - maybe purely for the fact that Inglis wouldn't make so many ridiculous stuff ups like Slater does.
Weren't you one of the people who always told us how players like Shane Perry carved up while coming through the ranks?

im going to agree with u, that inglis probably is a better fullback, because i think he is the best player in the game right now, but by taking inglis out of the centres ur weakening one spot to strengthen another. i dont think slater is THAT bad that he needs replacing

Inglis is a freak. He's just a natural talent, he's got something that can't be coached. You could put him in any position and he would excel. Even if what you're saying about him being better than Slater is true, that's in no way a negative on Slaters game.

But as it is, in top grade, Slater hands down beats him at fullback.

You're not really weakening any centre position with any 2 of Tate, Hodges or Tonga there though. I'm not saying any of those players are as good as Inglis, but at fullback Inglis gets the ball in his hands a lot more and that can only be a good thing. It also gives us a lot better chance to use his running game. I honestly can't think why QLD wouldn't do it TBH.

Im open to it, whatever makes the QLD team the best it can be. Id like to see inglis play fullback in club games before he gets selected there in origin tho

QUEENSLANDER said:
Im open to it, whatever makes the QLD team the best it can be. Id like to see inglis play fullback in club games before he gets selected there in origin tho

Woohoo I convinced you hahaha!!!!!!!!!

Nah yeh that's fair enough. Hopefully Slater will kick someone in the head again so we can see Inglis at fullback [icon_wink

Jeba said:
You're not really weakening any centre position with any 2 of Tate, Hodges or Tonga there though. I'm not saying any of those players are as good as Inglis
That is the very definition of weakening a centre position......

'Im gonna move Inglis from centre and replace him with Tonga/Hodges/Tate. None of them are as good as Inglis though'..................that means that you're weakening the position.

After seeing Inglis this origin series I don't think there's any reason to move him from Centre. I think he is at his best running wide, getting one on one with his man. At fullback he will get the ball more, but he gets the ball when the whole kick chase is coming down on him. At centre he just has to get around his man, and he can do it better than anyone else in the game. Slaters strength is his broken play, which is what is most useful on *drum roll* kick returns!

Slater at fullback, Inglis at Centre = win/win.

I agree to an extent jeb, as ive already said, but this just seems like desperation now ur favourite fullback has left the game

QUEENSLANDER said:
I agree to an extent jeb, as ive already said, but this just seems like desperation now ur favourite fullback has left the game

Yeh fair enough mate, I can see why it would look like that. Sorry it came across that way.

FTR - I have always been for Slater as fullback for QLD up until now. I am convinced there is a better option.

tbh, having tonga and hodges and inglis all in the same team does sound orsm to me. would u let slater play on the wing? lol

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.