NSW - Will they do it?

The Rock said:
Secondly, this years NSW team will be 10 times stronger than last year. You need your best and most experienced players in the team. Leaving Lockyer out is absolutely non-logical.

Well that remains to be seen. NSW have a bad habit of losing their minds when it comes to halves selections

The word is illogical.

Just like it's unnecessary.

If i was selecting the NSW team i would go with:

1. Gidley
6. Barrett
7. Wallace
13. Mateo
9. Farah

Hmmm i thought the Blues looked at their most dangerous in game 3 last year when Gidley was on the field, and I'd be looking to keep him on the field for the whole game. I can't really think of a more suitable bench utility for them, but I will be very very confident if anyone other than Gidley is at fullback.

As for Qld, Lockyer plays, at 5/8, end of story. And if they pick on form so far this season, Prince is his partner at halfback. Thurston has been less than impressive so far this season. Still early days though!

Lockyer was fit for game 3 last year wasnt he?

My sides:

NSW -

1. Gidley (Stewart if he isn't being sodomized in prison)
2. Hayne
3. Cooper
4. Jennings
5. Monaghan
6. Barrett/Campese
7. Wallace
8. O'Meley
9. Farah
10. Kite
11. Laffranchi
12. Gallen
13. Mateo

14. Bailey
15. Heighington
16. Creagh
17. Perry

QLD-

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Civo
9. Smith
10. Price
11. Myles
12. Harrison
13. Johnson

14. Slater
15. Kaufusi
16. Thaiday
17. Costigan

If we work hard and keep their forwards suppressed we'll be fine. Their backline isn't too flashy... well it''s good... but ours sh*ts all over it [icon_razz1

Good choice putting Jennings in there. I hope nsw selectors dont read this thread

Ennis would be the better choice for NSW hooker, he can get under Cameron Smith's skin and put him off his game. Once Smith gets fired up he does some silly things.
A Wallace/Campese halves combo would be fantastic, and if Gidley is in the number 1 jersey, Hayne could always drop to fullback, with Campese into the centres, and have Gids play in the halves at key points in the game. That gives you two of the most exciting young halves in the game today, plus the experience of Kurt.
Personally, though, I'd have Gidley in the 14 jersey and Wade McKinnon as starting fullback, and just put Kurt on late in each half to terrorise the tired QLD forwards.

My sides:

NSW -

1. Stewart (no criminal conviction will happen by then)
2. Jennings
3. Cooper
4. Hayne
5. Quinn (hate the prick but he's got that mongrel and he can defend against his Storm buddies)
6. Barrett
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Laffranchi
12. Hindmarsh
13. Gallen

14. O'Meley
15. Kite
16. Creagh
17. Mateo

QLD-

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Folau
5. Kemp
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Slater
15. Kenny (if he stays fit)
16. Costigan
17. Hannant

Surely Queenslander is taking the AFD psis saying Lockyer should be left out of the team? That would be like going back to 1991 and saying the King needs to be left out...Bloody absurd.

The Wallace/Barrett combination is probably the most frightening.

I can see the reasoning behind Ennis being selected as he is certainly in the mould of Backdoor Benny, but the selectors will choose Farrah.

Coxy said:
5. Quinn (hate the prick but he's got that mongrel and he can defend against his Storm buddies)

lolz can't you remember game 3 last year? Folau destroyed Quinns defensive efforts [icon_evillaugh I doubt there are too many wingers in the NRL who can defend against Izzy under a well placed bomb

I'm not saying they should definitely not select lockyer. im saying, if when the time comes to select the teams, if prince, lockyer and thurston are all playing well then i cant see a major issue in them not selecting lockyer. Prince and Thurston have proven they can do it, and locky aint going to be around forever. if lockyer is in better form at the time and warrants selection then id have no issues, its only if they select him purely coz of his name that would frustrate me.

Coxy said:
My sides:

NSW -

1. Stewart (no criminal conviction will happen by then)
2. Jennings
3. Cooper
4. Hayne
6. Barrett
7. Wallace
8. Bailey
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Laffranchi
12. Hindmarsh
13. Gallen

14. O'Meley
15. Kite
16. Creagh
17. Mateo

QLD-

1. Hunt
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Folau
5. Kemp
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Slater
15. Kenny (if he stays fit)
16. Costigan
17. Hannant

I can't tell if this is supposed to be an April Fools joke post or not. [icon_shru

QUEENSLANDER said:
I'm not saying they should definitely not select lockyer. im saying, if when the time comes to select the teams, if prince, lockyer and thurston are all playing well then i cant see a major issue in them not selecting lockyer. Prince and Thurston have proven they can do it, and locky aint going to be around forever. if lockyer is in better form at the time and warrants selection then id have no issues, its only if they select him purely coz of his name that would frustrate me.
the Lockyer - Thurston combination is way better than the Thurston - Prince combination and if they do anything else they're mad. Prince is a good back up, but it has to be Lockeyr & Thurston.

Coxy choosing Kemp instead of Hodges is a bit ridiculous and leaving our tackling machine Johnson out is a bit nuts too.

Active Now

• Santa
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.