NSW - Will they do it?

i dunno if coxy is mucking around not choosing hodges, but as far as i know he isnt. hodges goes missing in origin matches, id rather have folau and inglis in centre

Gidley is going to Captain the Blues so he must start at fullback.

I'd take Dallas Johnson over Ashley Harrison, Harrison doesn't seem tough enough for origin, its not like we need a ball playing lock, Johnson does magnificently in defence and deserves his spot.

The Rock said:
Beads6 said:
Gidley is going to Captain the Blues so he must start at fullback.

Why would he be captain?

I read it in a paper or magazine somewhere.. Who will be Captain??

ningnangnong said:
Perhaps the exclusion of Lockyer can be attributed to today's date. [icon_shady

Yeh, he has retired, haven't you heard lol.

NSW are $hit

1. Stewart AKA The SYndrome
2.Grothe
3.Cooper
4.Jennings
5. Quinn
6. Anasta
7. Kimmorley
8. O'Meley
9. Priddis
10. Perry
11. Hindmarsh
12. Laffranchi
13. Gallen

14. Kite
15. Bailey
16. Mateo
17. Gidley

The Rock said:
If Barrett makes it, he'll be captain. Or Luke Bailey. Even Robbie Farah.

I just can't see the point of starting someone JUST so they can be captain.

But fark me dead, if they put Gidley in the halves I am going to vomit.
Bailey as captain I can understand. But Barrett? Christ, NSW is in dire straits. As far as I'm concerned, he's done nothing yet to warrant selection and now he's out injured. I can see them giving it to Gallen.

Hodges was quite good in 2006 & 2007 Origins iirc, and was probably our stand out in Game 1 2008. Hodges > Kemp & Boyd combined at any rate.

If the NSW selectors are smart they will select Rock's side for sure. That is formiddable. Luckily for us the NSW selectors are yet to display any inkling of being even remotely clever. HOpefully they'll pick Fitzy, Hindy & Hoffman!!!

I don't know if people are selecting ennis simply because he used to be a bronco, or because they haven't seen enough of farah.

Lets talk about this season so far, ennis has been ok, hasn't been that good in any of the 3 games he's played, Farah however, has been excellent both when the tigers got flogged and when they won. Purely on form so far, farah has to be selected over ennis.

Farah when fit and in form (which he is atm) is one of the best players in the NRL, ennis in form is one of the best hookers, but not one of the best players, and he hogs the ball a bit too much and trys to overplay his hand a lot of the time which isn't the best idea in origin.
Either way NSW have two good options one slightly better however at hooker, so that will be a strength for them.

I agree with you there, Ennis knows how to get under the skin of other players (but will it work against guys like cameron smith, jt and locky?).

I also agree it's a extremely hard choice to make, they are so close and both very good, so really it's a win win whoever they decide to choose, but if both are in top form I think farah can edge ennis just slightly.

FARAH is a deadset MYTH...

Beads6 said:
FARAH is a deadset MYTH...
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.
Pearce is what you call a MYTH, Farah is a great player.

Farak is a pile of cow dirt

Farah is an excellent hooker, but I also believe Ennis is more suited towards Origin. Plus he also already has a combination with both Wallace and Kimmorley, who are probably the two most likely NSW halfbacks at this stage. I think having them both in the side wouldn't be a bad idea either, just to make the NSW attack a bit less predictable (Farah being slightly more controlled and safer, and Ennis being more explosive). They are going to most likely pick an 80 minute back row anyway, so it's not like changing the hookers throughout the match would waste the interchanges.

If I was selecting the NSW team right now;

1. Gidley
6. Campese
7. Wallace
9. Farah
13. Mateo
14. Young (as the utility player)

- NSW should keep Gidley as utility, also their best fullback option is Stewart, then daylight.

- Mateo should be their lock, but would they drop Gallen? I hope not, but if I was a NSW selector and hadn't already shot myself, Mateo would be there.

- Once again, if I was a Blues selector and had been cut down from my noose before the job was complete, #7 Wallace (Kimmorley in case of injury) and #6 Barrett. IMO, a no brainer.

- Ennis and Farah is the only selection dilemma I can see. Whilst Farah is a technically better player, Ennis is a grubby shithead and NSW have a habit of picking players of this calibre (Elias, Buderus...). As a proud QLD'er I hope they choose Ennis, based on two simple facts; Firstly; I want Ennis to try his crap on quality player's and secondly; when the pressure is on Ennis tries too hard and is prone to mass brain explosions (kicking for himself or kicking for backs who have NFI a kick was coming, throwing crazy inside balls to no runners, etc.), which we saw in situations last year. Farah on the other hand keeps a calm head in all situations and is well versed in winning from behind.

In summary, if I was selecting the NSW team (brackets are if second choice in case of injury);

1. Stewart (Gidley off bench to starting role/ McKinnon/ Patten*)
6. Barrett (Campese)
7. Wallace (Kimmorley)
9. Farah (Ennis)
13. Mateo** (Gallen)

14. Gidley (Mateo*)

* I honestly think Patten would be a safe option at fullback, just because he hasn't played Origin doesn't mean he'd crack. Easily as decent an option as McKinnon, however that said, in Stewarts absence Gidley starting fullback and Mateo Utility with Gallen starting lock.)

** I also wouldn't discount Mateo being selected as a utility, regardless of injuries. He can easily cover second row, lock or 5/8th.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • ettybay
  • Brotherdu
  • marw
  • Maroon4life
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manifesto
  • Swordfish
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.