Passion factor a myth

That is total and utter bullshit. There's people walking around in Blues jerseys all year round, and that's coming off 6 straight series losses FFS.

But the homeless don't care what clothes that have on, as long as it's warm etc.

That is total and utter bullshit. There's people walking around in Blues jerseys all year round, and that's coming off 6 straight series losses FFS. But yeah, no passion....

Really? Well where are these ppl?

I've been to several games in sydney in the last few years, and I walk around the city decked in maroons gears for the entire day leading up to it. I honestly see more ppl in maroons gear then i do blues. Even at the game, in sydney, the maroon seems to outweigh the blue. for the most part, for the nsw fans its all just jackets and jumpers with the odd blue jersey.

I'm all for giving it to Rocky about New South Wales' lack of passion, but I don't think wearing a jersey necessarily makes you any more passionate.

There's plenty of cardboard cut-out fans out there who wear jerseys, but probably wouldn't know the first thing about the team they support.

NSW is big brother. QLD is little brother.

It don't mean sh*t to big brother to lose because he will always be top dog.

State of Origin is a game that panders to Qld. The State of Origin team is the only thing close to an identity/culture that Qld has; to NSW its just a game of representative footy.

Whatever in 3 years time when Carney, Dugan, Pearce and Farah are pushing for a trifecta this will be a distant memory.

PS died in the wool Qlder speaking.

And every year added to the 6 year streak is sweeter than the last, having grown up in an arrogant period of NSW domination (my rage every year is fueled by a desire to avenge the Bryan Fletcher hand grenade try celebration)

Add the hand grenade to NSW passion.

Men died for that celebration.

The Passion is real is you believe it is real.

QLD gets behind it's players, even if they are dirty, stinking Melbournites.
NSW treats them like crap, making pea hearted players like Lyon and Cooper not want to play for them.

Add the hand grenade to NSW passion.

Men died for that celebration.

The QLD players and fans from that series should just the **** up, move on and enjoy their winning streak.

It was the single most humiliating thing in a game and arena built for the toughest footy on the planet, it was a slap in the face to every single QLD'er and I am glad it is something we still talk about. Yet another reason to maintain the rage!

It was also the most humiliating scoreline and series result in interstate Rugby League history. NSW won so easily that Gorden Tallis who is supposed to represent everything that is QLD called for the 3rd game to be canned because the series was decided.

Origin 3 2000 = The Girdler slaughter, an Origin record never to be broken.

I agree with him Origin game three when the series is decided is absolutely stupid. The season is long enough and yes I know for TV rights and revenue it is all a good exercise but the game isn't played at the same intensity unless NSW decide to play like cheapshot merchants like they did a few seasons ago in a dead rubber game 3.

Our side in 2000 was atrocious, NSW's side was fantastic you should have won that series and won it well. In fact if it was decided on paper until the last 6 years on paper and club form NSW should have a much higher winning percentage. QLD's passion and desperation gives us an element the vast majority of NSW sides just don't have. QLD is an Origin team NSW is an Allstars team. Big difference.

lol. Devere and Wallace playing with a busted nut. Passion. Not aggression.

So is Spud Carroll the only footy player in history to hit a bloke that just head butted him?

lol @ Rock's revisionist history. White was happy to play on? Try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2HlTJT7igU

Tell me again who throws the first punch?

Also another point of Blues 'passion' - Waterhouse coming from behind to tackle Price. Poore picking up an unconcious player - true passion there.

lol @ Rock's revisionist history. White was happy to play on? Try again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2HlTJT7igU

Tell me again who throws the first punch?

Also another point of Blues 'passion' - Waterhouse coming from behind to tackle Price. Poore picking up an unconcious player - true passion there.

White punches as he stands after playing the ball, because he thought Price kneed him in the head as he gets to marker. However once standing toe to toe, Price throws a left jab first.

On the statement that Waterhouse tackled Price. Have a look at the footage and remember the event, we had a huge debate about it on here after that SOO. Price was out cold on his feet from a White punch and Waterhouse was coming in to break up the fight but goes down with Price's momentum.

I still believe Poore didn't actually realise Price was out as he was never watching the fight and by the time he gets involved Waterhouse comes in and it looks like the tackle. So Poore does the "get up champ" and now realising he is not responding, freaks out so drops him like he did. It doesn't look good but I doubt there was any malice intended.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • whykickamoocow
  • lynx000
  • Culhwch
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Ondi
  • levikaden
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.