POST MORTEM. Cowboys Broncs Grand Final.

I love what Oates has done for us this season, and he played fine tonight, but when it comes down to these last crucial minutes, we can't have a tired backrower lumbering out on the wing and making costly positioning errors like that. He also had 2 really poor knock-ons, both of which someone like Maranta wouldn't have dropped. His future isn't on the wing for mine.

I honestly don't think he knocked the second one on. he did what Boyd did at the dead ball line and it bounced off his thighs. They didn't show replays to confirm either way though.

It is sickening.

Why was he allowed so long to take that conversion as well? You shouldn't be allowed 5 minutes just because it is full time.

Taking so long is why he missed it, JT doesn't miss those. But I agree, the whistle wasn't blown, thus the cows should get a fine at least.

What about Macca's no pass to Parker who was strolling in under the posts? That cost us the game right there given how tight it ended up being. If you're looking for a scapegoat, there he is.

Broncos defense was pretty good for most of the match. Linnett should have sealed the deal for the Cowboys earlier.

Playing to protect a 4-point lead for 30 minutes is what killed the Broncos. They came out swinging early and then sat on their hands for the second half.

I honestly don't think he knocked the second one on. he did what Boyd did at the dead ball line and it bounced off his thighs. They didn't show replays to confirm either way though.

He didn't touch it, it hit his shin. No knock on. I'd go so far as to say we'd have scored and put the game out of reach there too. Refs did us no favours. We still should have won it, but we didn't get a fair shot either.

I love what Oates has done for us this season, and he played fine tonight, but when it comes down to these last crucial minutes, we can't have a tired backrower lumbering out on the wing and making costly positioning errors like that. He also had 2 really poor knock-ons, both of which someone like Maranta wouldn't have dropped. His future isn't on the wing for mine.

Dont forget that Oates had to watch Fergo run over/around Reed twice against the Roosters. A winger shouldnt have to cover for a centre but he has had to too often.

Reed was our best option but he has sticky hands and some holes in his defense.

Edit double post.

Last edited:
We were never going to win once it hit golden point. Hunt is not to blame, though I understand why people want a scapegoat. I'd suggest pointing it at the missed tackles and Oates on the wing - which would also probably be unfair. As a team we were below our best, I don't think scapegoating is fair after that. We just weren't good enough.

If Hunt didn't do a spear tackle, the Cows IMO wouldn't have scored, they got the penalty & got closer to the line.

I still can't even comprehend what the **** just happened, how the **** did we lose that

Agreed, I'd love to see a better angle, but it did not look like he got a touch on it before he grabbed it. That;'s a huge call that kills our momentum on their goal line.

I still miss the days when Broncos never kicked a penalty. Tap and apply pressure especially so close to the line. A 4 point lead means jack shit and a shit tonne of pressure when you are against Thurston.

Eh, Reed also played an integral part in two of our tries, and was clearly busted. He was down twice, it was a brave performance. I think Copley > Reed when both are full fitness and playing their best, but we obviously are without Hodgo next year too. Idk what you do, but that left side is really our weakest defensive area, we tighten that up and we're sorted...

I want to be gracious. I want to be eloquent. But that was too god damned much. No premiership felt as good as this moment feels bad. Ben Hunt I forgive you. I want to put that out there before it festers and the lesser version of myself becomes ensconced in bitterness, because I'm a small, petty man. Cowboys can eat a bag of dicks. Though I'll probably revise that statement when I'm more composed.

Two bags of dicks.

I'll throw in for another two bags tbh

Eh, Reed also played an integral part in two of our tries, and was clearly busted. He was down twice, it was a brave performance. I think Copley > Reed when both are full fitness and playing their best, but we obviously are without Hodgo next year too. Idk what you do, but that left side is really our weakest defensive area, we tighten that up and we're sorted...

I actually thought Milford was pretty stout in defense tonight out there. He had to do a bit of work, and that may have contributed to a lack of sharpness in attack, but he made some good stops, and the strip was handy as well. That side dealt with Morgan pretty well right up until that last play.

How long until Boyd starts running back kick returns with gusto?

Too quick to turn on Hunt wow guys.:ohwell:

He'll be fine, especially working under Bennett. That will now be his inspiration.

See ya's after the c*****t season.

@ super freak

No doubt.

This loss is gonna hurt more as the days/months go on

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Strop
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • bert_lifts
  • Big Del
  • eggstar10
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.