Pre-Season

So if the 23 year old Tyson Smoothy really has been relegated to a development contract, that must mean Blake Mozer is only one injury/sniffle away from his NRL debut. If Corey Paix or the coach's son has to miss a game we might finally get to see our premiership hooker.
I think he would do himself proud with a short stint off the bench here and there but you wouldn’t want him to get too much NRL time. A little taste wouldn’t hurt

I think he would do himself proud with a short stint off the bench here and there but you wouldn’t want him to get too much NRL time. A little taste wouldn’t hurt
Neither Walters nor Paix can play much more than a half, so there's a good chance he'll get plenty of time off the bench should one be unavailable.

He will get a shot, but won’t be until mid season at best. Coming back from Shoulder surgery.
@Smokin' Joe do you know the other players that were gifted a week off because they are important?

Had the pleasure of meeting and shooting (with a camera) a couple of the lads this afternoon up here on the Sunshine Coast as part of their promotions for next year’s pre season games
B9CD1219 CB1A 486B B040 59C1D96123DF
78569150 2847 4690 B7AB 2FC6F7B55AF1

Adam Reynolds on the shitful end to the season:

“I don’t know if you put it down to attitude. I think it is an easy thing to say when you are losing games, to blame it on attitude. For us it is just about getting the most out of our pre-season. Obviously we have got new players at the club and we are trying to create combinations where we can get better across the board. We are a bit more ahead of where we were last year at this stage, so it is a step in the right direction.”​
“I don’t think we will see Reece in the halves. He is pretty good out the back. We have had a couple of sessions already and things are moving pretty nicely. It is just about continually working on our relationship both on and off the field, and making sure we have got the chemistry so we can click when it counts.”​
“I see the Dolphins rivalry as healthy for us as a club. The games are going to be pretty heated at times I’d say. It is always good to have rivals. Fans love getting up for those games, so do players. And it is exciting for the NRL having a new team.”​
“With Herbie we just have to find out what works best for us as a club. He has played in the centres for England at the World Cup and he had a terrific World Cup. He definitely showed what he is capable of and that was coming back after a pretty significant injury. We just have to get him back on board and fit and healthy again. It goes back to the competition within the squad. We are all fighting for places and it is only going to make us a better team.”​
"Selwyn is still young. I don’t think there is any point rushing him to fullback. He is such a good finisher. He probably starts on the wing. I don’t know how he finishes up. But the quality of our centres at the moment is pretty good.”​
“I think Ezra showed enough with what he did last year. He come in under a lot of expectation and handled it better than most. He is still a young fella but he is tough. He is only going to get better throughout the pre-season.”​
“To be honest I hadn’t seen much of Jock Madden before the last couple of rounds. I’ve only had a number of days with him. Look, he has impressed me. He asks a lot of questions at training and is always willing to learn. The more quality players we have the better the competition. It brings out the best in the player.”​
“I think Billy or Paixy have probably got a hold on the 9 jersey at the moment. Blake is a young fella but he is a keen learner, and a hard trainer. He is coming off a bit of an injury so he is not training with the full squad. But I have been in a lot of opposed sessions against him last year and for a young fella he is pretty smart.”​
“Obviously the end of the season is something we have spoken about as a team and we have addressed it. I think the understanding of our game plan has to be better. Players knowing their role and doing their job. Defence wins comps.​

He said smallest, not worst. Hehe

But seriously, a spine with Gamble or Boyd or in it can't be considered 'small' surely. (not a comment on talent)
Maybe just our 6&7 then. We've had some seriously tiny combos in that department.

I think the bench took away some effectiveness when he came off the bench for Souths. He did it well at Tweed with Oskar but I just thought last season he came on and a feel for the game and his ability to just sit and watch was taken away.

What percent of that was Souths being terrible and down 24-0 when he got on and having to defend his heart out is up for debate but I think he will be a start or nothing hooker.

I think the bench took away some effectiveness when he came off the bench for Souths. He did it well at Tweed with Oskar but I just thought last season he came on and a feel for the game and his ability to just sit and watch was taken away.

What percent of that was Souths being terrible and down 24-0 when he got on and having to defend his heart out is up for debate but I think he will be a start or nothing hooker.
Could he potentially play 80 minutes at NRL level if he had to - does he have that kind of motor? It would be a massive luxury not to have to carry two 40 minute makeshift hookers for a change.

Unread

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Big Del
  • leon.bott
  • Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Robboi_321
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • Fitzy
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Huge
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.