PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably shouldn't show you this tweet then... Very similar..

Impressive how much love Brisbane aren't getting. Certainly some biased goggles being worn by the RL media.

Happy to call a spade a spade and Brisbane are genuine threats to Penrith... and anything other than a Penrith Brisbane GF will be a sad result for the league.

And talking about sad results.... there is the slim possibility that I will be retiring from the NRL for a long time, in the event that the Sunny Coast Storm get up over the Broncs in the final, that would do me.

One of the dumber articles I’ve read out today by Dean Ritchie saying the Broncos have had an easy draw as we’ve only left QLD 7 times. I added a comment pointing out Penrith have only left NSW 7 times as well, but that never gets mentioned.

Funny because at the start of the season I’m sure we were widely voted to have the #1 toughest draw.

One of the dumber articles I’ve read out today by Dean Ritchie saying the Broncos have had an easy draw as we’ve only left QLD 7 times. I added a comment pointing out Penrith have only left NSW 7 times as well, but that never gets mentioned.

Funny because at the start of the season I’m sure we were widely voted to have the #1 toughest draw.
People who bring up this old fairy tale should be banned from public comment.

Just came to post about this as well. Hillarious that its come to this for them to get people into the ground 😂

View attachment 24196
There must be some people absolutely spewing now who bought tickets earlier in the week and paid full freight for them only to find out now they are effectively half price.
NRL should refund them the difference (which will never happen).
Hope they storm the gates of Moore Park and trash the joint.

From the NRL's website itself:

And FOX:

"BRONCOS (17th *hardest draw)

Games played against -

Top eight: 14
Top four: 7
Bottom eight: 8
Bottom four: 5

Who they play twice: Canberra, North Queensland, Parramatta, Penrith, Melbourne, South Sydney, Gold Coast Titans, Dolphins

Analysis: The Broncos have the outright most games against top eight sides with 14 and the equal most games against top four sides with seven in a horror draw. The Broncos have the outright least amount of games against bottom eight teams with eight and the equal fewest games against bottom four teams with five. They also play top eight heavyweights the Panthers, Storm, Eels and Cowboys twice. If the Broncos are going to return to the finals they are going to have to do it the hard way.
"

Keep in mind, one of those 'away' trips was Canberra, which is less than half the distance of Brisbane to Townsville. Not to mention the Panthers were able to avoid a trip to New Zealand and had the luxury of playing at a neutral venue.

It's the lack of self awareness that gets me. For years the Sydney media has made a big song and dance about introducing another Brisbane team, they got their wish and now they're whinging the Broncos get to play more games in Queensland.

Please.

Both Johns boys have tipped against us. You know what that means..
TIME TO BUY THEM GF TICKETS!!!
I remember a pre season show where Freddy and A John’s were predicting their top 8… they had filled it and were attaching their heads, scholars and heavy on the research and preparation that they are as professionals… and they couldn’t even remember Brisbane, so… the quality of their tipping is as you would expect.

We are going to have to try and limit their back 3 returns, they make a lot of metres and get their sets started very well. Our kick chase is going to have to be on all night. Conversely, we are going to need a bit more out of Cobbo and arthars runs.

Keep in mind, one of those 'away' trips was Canberra, which is less than half the distance of Brisbane to Townsville. Not to mention the Panthers were able to avoid a trip to New Zealand and had the luxury of playing at a neutral venue.

It's the lack of self awareness that gets me. For years the Sydney media has made a big song and dance about introducing another Brisbane team, they got their wish and now they're whinging the Broncos get to play more games in Queensland.

Please.
Agreed. It’s also specifically about us because the Cowboys only left Qld 7 times last year and most NSW media couldn’t wrap them enough.

And now, surprise surprise, some of them are immediately calling for ANOTHER Brisbane team next. Shit gets old.

Literally every game a Sydney team has in NSW and ACT they can go back home on the same day no issues, though we had an arvo game in Townsville so it would have been possible getting an early flight back, if it was a night game that is an overnighter.

I saw this in the shop the other day and it worries me. Usually, one of these calendar dudes **** off before the season starts.
There is No Flegler and Farnsworth in the calendar it seems they picked players that already have a contract

On paper, on form, we should blow them to pieces. That all counts for shit at the end of the season. This is about playing for sheep stations and the warriors won't go down wondering. We come ready to fight, bring 100% or we'll get bundled out very quickly.

I see what you did there. Reckon Webby has that posted up in sheds as extra motivation?

Rosie is one impatient cat what match should she watch. She has watched Roosters, Raiders, Eels, Warriors please give me some suggestions

From the NRL's website itself:

View attachment 24198

And FOX:

"BRONCOS (17th *hardest draw)

Games played against -

Top eight: 14
Top four: 7
Bottom eight: 8
Bottom four: 5

Who they play twice: Canberra, North Queensland, Parramatta, Penrith, Melbourne, South Sydney, Gold Coast Titans, Dolphins

Analysis: The Broncos have the outright most games against top eight sides with 14 and the equal most games against top four sides with seven in a horror draw. The Broncos have the outright least amount of games against bottom eight teams with eight and the equal fewest games against bottom four teams with five. They also play top eight heavyweights the Panthers, Storm, Eels and Cowboys twice. If the Broncos are going to return to the finals they are going to have to do it the hard way.
"
Would be interesting to see the same analysis run on the season in retrospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Robboi_321
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Nerd
  • Lozza
  • Galah
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.