Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those stats tell a lot.
The standout for me is Cronk. He must have played at least 3 seasons of ISC so our recruitment team would have had plenty of opportunities to look at him and make him an offer before Melbourne did. Another bad miss by them.
I think it is a reflection of how misguided our recruitment is. We seem to focus on the athletic, big and fast kids who score tries and break tackles in lower grades, but are unable to identify and recruit players that are the game managers. They may not catch the eye but keep the team on the same track. That is why we play like a group of individuals and not a team with a single focus.

one of the truism of NRL football is; coaches LOVE a reclimation project.

Is Croft Walters reclimation project this year?

I wouldnt be suprised if he is.
What's reclimation mean?

Probably a good idea to leave Dearden in ISC till he builds some confidence then comes back into the side with some swagger, he is a still a kid and while it will probably make us weaker while we don't have him the upsides could be way better.

That’s if he doesn’t leave

fear of someone leaving is the worst reason to select them in the top grade.

I’m not saying to select him for that reason. It just wouldn’t surprised me anymore if a young player leaves a club because he isn’t getting selected for top grade or run on

He is such a flake.

He’s a huge show pony. The most jacked-looking guy but an absolute powderpuff.

I like the guy, and have cut him a fair amount of slack due to his old man, but he’s gotta get a little angry on the field and toughen up physically. I don’t think he has the drive to win, particularly against the odds.

The Roosters game-winning try is looking like a massive fluke more and more every game.

I’d love him to prove me wrong though

Last edited:
He’s a huge show pony. The most jacked-looking guy but an absolute powderpuff.

I like the guy, and have cut him a fair amount of slack due to his old man, but he’s gotta get a little angry on the field and toughen up physically. I don’t think he has the drive to win, particularly against the odds.

The Roosters game-winning try is looking like a massive fluke more and more every game.

I’d love him to prove me wrong though

Imagine if he couldn’t goal kick...

You get a poor man's Josh Hoffman.
Hoffman was one of the safest I’ve seen under a highball and his position was great. Never could provide anything in attack though.

The comparison doesn’t hold up

Hoffman was one of the safest I’ve seen under a highball and his position was great. Never could provide anything in attack though.

Hoggman could at least ball run more than once every 3 seasons or so. Yes, he had a massive chip on his shoulder, thought he was far greater than he really was, but unlike Isaako, at least he produced the goods when a coach was “brave” enough to put him in his actual place, ie: wing.

Isaako looks as deluded as Hoggman was, but doesn’t even have much actual performance on the wing, to support that delusion...

Probably for me the most anticipated team list for a long time

Last edited:
What selections are you hoping to see mate?

For me it seems to be a fairly straight forward line-up outside of the #2.
Mainly how asiata is going to be used i think he could probably do a job guving turpin a spell if he was given the 14 and then move into lock when whoever starts there needs a break.
Also the bench in general i dont think oates should be a walk up start just because of experience.
And maybe going game 1 with croft and deardon if milford isnt totally 100%

But to be honest im just keen as shit for the football to start.

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but Isaako says he picked up an injury on Saturday night. Beats me why he stayed on the field if it was genuinely a problem:

“I need to step up more as a fullback. I was happy with my first half (against the Cowboys last Saturday night) but it’s an 80-minute game. Forty minutes to me personally isn’t good enough. I kinked my neck a bit which affected me in the second half. I need to get back to training hard and hopefully I put in a better performance in round one.”
A kink is nothing to worry about.

It does for me. Was never good enough at fullback, couldnt pass but very good on the wing i thought. I think Issako is similar but not as good as a winger. He can kick goals though.

Hoffman would have had a great career at the Broncos if, to quote the Rock, he just shut his mouth and knew his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Maddy
  • Robboi_321
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • marw
  • HarryAllan7
  • Astro
  • Mister Wright
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • Rah88
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Wild Horse
  • phoenix
  • Rambstien
  • mrslong
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.