Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Alex Glenn was rules offside and it wasn't a penalty for tackle in the air.

Then it's an even worse call.

2h3u646.png

Then again, I believe Ceccin blew it for a tackle in mid-air as I heard him say words to that effect in the replay.

Firstly, let me just say, how good is it to have the football back! - it has been quite the quick off-season.

Secondly, what is the go with Ben Hunt? He had a shocker last night. Let's just hope it a one-off thing. Its the start of the season, i can forgive that.

"I have more speed than Oxford street"... wow, just wow!... I loved it! Characters are lost to the game these days due to the PC'ness, but jeez its good to hear a joke... let's just hope it doesn't get blown out of the water - Bennetts comment about the mardi gras did a good job at making light of it.

All in all, i thought it was a pretty scrappy game. I have a lot of broncos in my supercoach team (Gillet, Parker & Hunt). Parker's kicking was woeful but it was good to see Matt looking after me.

Just on a side note, after i was giving him a bit of grief in one of my few posts - I liked the look of Macca... Something tells me he might be in for a big year. He is looking very composed compared to previous years - Put him in a side that isn't so dominated by the halves and i think he would go up another level.

The refs did **** us a couple of times last night. Eden's first knock on wouldn't have happened if he wasn't snapped in half by a Eel defender virtually without the ball.

The refs did **** us a couple of times last night. Eden's first knock on wouldn't have happened if he wasn't snapped in half by a Eel defender virtually without the ball.
In the replay, you can see that Radradra hits him exactly at the same time he touches the ball while Eden has his feet on the ground. Nothing illegal in it.

That's why players catching bombs often jump anyway when catching a bomb, even if it's not necessary, as if they are interfered with, it's a penalty.

That's why players catching bombs often jump anyway when catching a bomb, even if it's not necessary, as if they are interfered with, it's a penalty.

It's even a penalty if one of your own players interferes with you, if last night is anything to go by.

In the replay, you can see that Radradra hits him exactly at the same time he touches the ball while Eden has his feet on the ground. Nothing illegal in it.

Then they stuffed up by not penalising Hunt for being offside when he tried to pick the ball up. On first viewing I thought Eden didn't even get a finger on the ball. Either way they were wrong, not that it matters.

Then they stuffed up by not penalising Hunt for being offside when he tried to pick the ball up. On first viewing I thought Eden didn't even get a finger on the ball. Either way they were wrong, not that it matters.

At least that can be explained by playing the advantage. Hunt didn't gather it up.
The majority on field calls went Parra's way with the exception on that one.

Live I thought Oates stayed in. On replay he was out so the touchie/ref made the right call there.

Last edited:
Gillo, Oates and Milf were the standouts. Game was easy, we weren't really threatened in attack and a bit rusty but will click soon.
If Reed is not available, I would leave Glenn at centre, and Thaiday second row. Glenn defends there anyways so not much changing to the structure. Maybe a good time to blood a young second rower like Timu.
Eden had a shocker but had some nice touches and did a try saver on Semi. I would leave him with Roberts for Round 2 to build some confidence.

For Hunt to establish himself as a premier halfback, he needs to work on his kicking game. His kicking game is one of the worst in the comp IMO. Not much variety and barely makes 40 metres. And he cant kick a FG at all, lucky we have Milf :)

I think if forward is going to come into the team it is Ese'ese.

Hunt needs to work on his kicking game for sure, but he also had an ordinary game in general play.

He certainly wasn't "with it" last night for whatever reason... and he needs to "get it together" pretty quickly otherwise Milf will get targeted more than he already is.

Just his second game in 5 months, I would say he is just a little rusty.

He'll be fine.

Hunt needs to work on his kicking game for sure, but he also had an ordinary game in general play.

He certainly wasn't "with it" last night for whatever reason... and he needs to "get it together" pretty quickly otherwise Milf will get targeted more than he already is.

Hunt did some poor stuff which is to be expected being his first real game in 5 months, he also did some very good stuff like putting players into space and setting up Kahus try. You can't just talk about 'the bad stuff' and ignore 'everything else'.

1st try was all Hunt. He wasn't at his best, but I thought his passing game showed some real signs.

Only a moderate tear for Kahu, expected to miss 1-2 weeks.

That's the initial prognosis.

Kahu still needs to go in for scans.

Few guys saying the ball has changed. Take from that what you will in regard to kicking.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.