vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sharks won't feel the adverse effects of losing Ennis and Barba until a few months into the competition. I agree with Rally Towel, in Maloney, Fifita, Lewis, Graham, Gal, Bird, Holmes etc they've got enough quality talent to win games.

If Brisbane don't bring their A game, they'll lose convincingly.

I tipped Cronulla before the pre-season kicked off and don't see any reason to change my tip.

The Sharks won't feel the adverse effects of losing Ennis and Barba until a few months into the competition. I agree with Rally Towel, in Maloney, Fifita, Lewis, Graham, Gal, Bird, Holmes etc they've got enough quality talent to win games.

I tipped Cronulla before the pre-season kicked off and don't see any reason to change my tip.
☹️

Sorry bb.

If it's any consolation, I'm not overly confident. I just have premonitions of Brisbane playing poorly and getting all the demons and kinks out in this one performance.

I then expect them to beat North Queensland, Melbourne and Canberra.

Sorry bb.

If it's any consolation, I'm not overly confident. I just have premonitions of Brisbane playing poorly and getting all the demons and kinks out in this one performance.

I then expect them to beat North Queensland, Melbourne and Canberra.
I'll cheers to that.

I'd actually give anything for another 2015 season if it means getting a flogging in Rnd1.

I just want to see a solid defensive effort.
Me too because they will muscle up and try to pin us in our own territory.
Flanagan will make sure they mark Milford.

Disagree. Not having a dig (respect you bro) but the Sharks are not the team we should be worried about. The other 3 teams we face first up are the real concern.

I still think JD will make a huge impact to this season though. An astute signing if I've ever seen one.

Long term this season, I don't think so either. I think they'll be fired up for this though, try and put the competition on notice. They'll run out of puff later in the year like most defending premiers.

Regarding our opening draw I rate us even odds against Sharks and Cowboys, and outsiders against Melbourne. Not too worried about Raiders. Playing them at home and they'll have a pretty fresh left edge defense with Croker and Lee out.

I hope your right re JD. We could certainly use some spark, though the WCC didn't give me a lot of faith in how they're responding...

Quite right in your other post about Maloney. With Ennis out he's our number one target. I want Blair thumping him every time he takes it to the line. Don't buy his dummy. Even if he gets a ball away, put it to him like the Blues do to JT.

Had you asked me before the WCC I'd have been far more bullish. I thought we had them covered on account of their losses (primarily Ennis) but we looked pretty rusty.

Cronulla may have got served too but they've got far more on the line. They're not going to throw anything fancy. They'll try to repeat their efforts last year and roll us through the middle.

Blair, Moose and (likely) Sims in the middle need to be on their game, and our kicking has to be sharp. Can't let them get a roll on with quick play the balls. Allow that and the penalties will flow and it will get real ugly real quick.

I rate us about a 40% chance. Still going to tip us though. I'm just wild like that.

We played like busted arses and nearly nicked that fixture last season away from home.

I'm fairly confident taking the 1 -12 for us to win with a solid round 1 WB defensive effort just like we did taking care of parra in round 1 last year away.

Last edited:
Does anyone believe in the old "premiership hangover" theory? Any chance the sharks will come out flat and lacking the drive and hunger of 2016 now they've won the big one? I think there's a chance it will happen although the last few years we haven't really seen any signs of it especially from the Cowboys or rabbits.

Does anyone believe in the old "premiership hangover" theory? Any chance the sharks will come out flat and lacking the drive and hunger of 2016 now they've won the big one? I think there's a chance it will happen although the last few years we haven't really seen any signs of it especially from the Cowboys or rabbits.

Of course it's a thing, especially with teams breaking a franchise-long drought. Cowboys especially didn't win games last year they in retrospect would've in '15. JT has won them so many games through sheer willpower that as soon as they won the title, they basically guaranteed they won't win another any time soon

It's nearly been a decade since the reigning premiers have returned from England and lost in Round 1.

The last time it happened was in 2009 when Manly lost to Bulldogs 34-12.

Every other team has won since then.

It's nearly been a decade since the reigning premiers have returned from England and lost in Round 1.

The last time it happened was in 2009 when Manly lost to Bulldogs 34-12.

Every other team has won since then.

Interesting stat! When the draw was first announced I didn't like our chances but a few days away from the game the more I think about it the more I think we could knock them off. Maybe the sharks poor showing in England is a sign of a premiership hangover...maybe they just had an off day like us who knows

I'm soooo pumped!!! Winning the first three will be a big confidence builder.

Apparently a rumour out through Renegades Sports that Moga will be starting in the centres. Rumours of Mead or Roberts being dropped. I honestly doubt this.

Broncos got beaten at home round one 1993 by a dire Parramatta outfit at home with a big launch of moving to QE2 stadium, premiership hangovers do exist. Sharks haven't faced having to backup after a premiership so will be interesting to see.

A rumour from who? They have no cred do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Lozza
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.