PRE-GAME Round 16 - Broncos vs Raiders

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Jordan Kahu, Jamayne Isaako and Kodi Nikorima have been named in the NZ squad for the Denver test.

And of course Canberra will be virtually untouched. Watch Hodgson be snubbed for England.

Also wow, 15 first grade games and Isaako may be a representative winger....Are NZ's stocks really that thin?

Last edited:
We are going to get beaten like a red headed step child.

Despite the delusions of grandeur on here, this team is presently shit. They could be good, but clearly none of them give a sufficient number of ***** to do the hard work when it matters.

This year alone we have -

Been beaten by the Titans, Manly and the Knights - the effort in each was pathetic. The knock on from the tap against the Titans was disgraceful

Been flogged by the Storm and the Dragons

Had a massive collapse against the Storm

Should have lost to the Cowboys

Should have lost to the Tigers

Should have lost to the Dogs

Should have lost to the Chooks

Barely beat Parramatta

Beat the Sharks because of a forward pass

I can make a pretty good case for our being one of the worst teams in the comp.

Mark my words; Brisbane won’t win the comp whilst any of the following is true:

- Bennett is coach
-Boyd is captain
- Milford is 5/8
- Knick is 1/2 back

We’re witnessing a major meltdown here boys. And I’m not talking about the Broncos.

It’s not Kodi’s fault that he’s not the answer; it’s Bennett’s fault for not getting a real halfback to support Milford.

Every time Kodi ***** up; ask why Bennett went into this season with him at halfback?

Nathan Brown might have had a point.

name a halfback that was available for this season that Bennett could have signed ... very slim pickings

We are going to get beaten like a red headed step child.

Despite the delusions of grandeur on here, this team is presently shit. They could be good, but clearly none of them give a sufficient number of ***** to do the hard work when it matters.

This year alone we have -

Been beaten by the Titans, Manly and the Knights - the effort in each was pathetic. The knock on from the tap against the Titans was disgraceful

Been flogged by the Storm and the Dragons

Had a massive collapse against the Storm

Should have lost to the Cowboys

Should have lost to the Tigers

Should have lost to the Dogs

Should have lost to the Chooks

Barely beat Parramatta

Beat the Sharks because of a forward pass

I can make a pretty good case for our being one of the worst teams in the comp.

Mark my words; Brisbane won’t win the comp whilst any of the following is true:

- Bennett is coach
-Boyd is captain
- Milford is 5/8
- Knick is 1/2 back

Bit drastic even by my standards but have to agree more than disagree. Team is being carried by young forwards at moment. Bennett might come up with something but best thing that could happen to Broncs is Boyd retiring immediately. Defence can learn to stop having a panic attack when he isn’t there to tell them where to stand. Bennett clearly can’t be objective about Boyd and he needs a wake up call that his legacy is being tainted.

1. Milf
6. Bird
7. Dargan/half purchased with Boyd’s money
9. Macca/KNik combo.

Not best spine on the comp but with someone organising at halfback and right coaching structures in place might be enough to take advantage of our young forwards punching though the middle.

Current spine couldn’t organise a chook raffle and has just plain forgotten how to support a runner.

Bit drastic even by my standards but have to agree more than disagree. Team is being carried by young forwards at moment. Bennett might come up with something but best thing that could happen to Broncs is Boyd retiring immediately. Defence can learn to stop having a panic attack when he isn’t there to tell them where to stand. Bennett clearly can’t be objective about Boyd and he needs a wake up call that his legacy is being tainted.

1. Milf
6. Bird
7. Dargan/half purchased with Boyd’s money
9. Macca/KNik combo.

Not best spine on the comp but with someone organising at halfback and right coaching structures in place might be enough to take advantage of our young forwards punching though the middle.

Current spine couldn’t organise a chook raffle and has just plain forgotten how to support a runner.
His legacy is being tainted in YOUR OPINION. Why is it that you think everyone shares your opinion ? There may be some truth in a view that WB is past it but what if you're wrong ? What if we get that winning way and go on a charge and make a real statement of intent ?

Very nervous about this game after watching the Raiders down the Tigers. Scored 3 (4?) tries in the last 10 mins of the match even though they had it safely in the bag.

If we aren’t going to let anyone but Niko play at halfback, we are good as cooked. Even Boyd would be better in that part of the spine.

If Bennett started using his ‘big head’ the back line would be:
1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Roberts
5. Kahu

Were I in charge Niko would always go into fullback whenever the attack got within 20 metres. Boyd would be a big step up in defence no matter what the deathriders say.

Surely Tagataese doesn't get another go. Not only because he bombed a try, but he got barely 10 mins on the field and looked so slow.

And of course Canberra will be virtually untouched. Watch Hodgson be snubbed for England.

Also wow, 15 first grade games and Isaako may be a representative winger....Are NZ's stocks really that thin?

It's got a heavy Samoa flavour

His legacy is being tainted in YOUR OPINION. Why is it that you think everyone shares your opinion ? There may be some truth in a view that WB is past it but what if you're wrong ? What if we get that winning way and go on a charge and make a real statement of intent ?

Of course it’s my opinion. It’s written on a fan site not stone tablets... However I do believe if you objectively examine some of the very strange decisions and missed opportunities there has to be at least some reason to question your faith in Bennett.

As for your statement well last prediction of yours i read was that we were building a winning streak until we lost the next game... a statement that I believe has been repeated for further testing.

I would love to be wrong if we went on to win the premiership this year or next but wanting doesn’t make it reality.

Of course it’s my opinion. It’s written on a fan site not stone tablets... However I do believe if you objectively examine some of the very strange decisions and missed opportunities there has to be at least some reason to question your faith in Bennett.

As for your statement well last prediction of yours i read was that we were building a winning streak until we lost the next game... a statement that I believe has been repeated for further testing.

I would love to be wrong if we went on to win the premiership this year or next but wanting doesn’t make it reality.
I don't care about opinions, after all we all have them. I'm interested in facts so when you claim WBs legacy is tainted without any qualification that it's simply your opinion , you are claiming it as a fact. That you've written it on an internet fan site doesn't make it common knowledge that it's just an opinion. I've questioned WBs decisions before and always acknowledge that not only is he better qualified he also has knowledge I don't possess concerning the subjects of his decisions.

What he has proven consistently is that he knows better than most fans and commentators. That said he isn't free of error and it's right to challenge his decisions and direction. What we don't get enough of is people putting their hands up and saying ' he knew better than me, he was right and I was wrong ' when appropriate.

Surely Tagataese doesn't get another go. Not only because he bombed a try, but he got barely 10 mins on the field and looked so slow.
Huh ? It was fabulous a huge front rower was the only guy in support and he did his best. It's not his job to play like a centre and the job he has done has been fine. In one breath you say he looks slow and yet he was the only player there to support the break, if anyone was slow it was the others whose job it is to be there.

Huh ? It was fabulous a huge front rower was the only guy in support and he did his best. It's not his job to play like a centre and the job he has done has been fine. In one breath you say he looks slow and yet he was the only player there to support the break, if anyone was slow it was the others whose job it is to be there.

Sorry meant to specify in defence. He was barely back the 10 and in the line. I can understand he might’ve been in a bit of fitness shock after that break, but he hasn’t been good. Eels game was poor too

Sorry meant to specify in defence. He was barely back the 10 and in the line. I can understand he might’ve been in a bit of fitness shock after that break, but he hasn’t been good. Eels game was poor too
Fair enough. I'd go with average though rather than poor and he must be going close to being onside most of the time because he hasn't been giving penalties away too often. If I was in charge ( right ha ha ) I'd start him with Lodge and tell him I want 15 good hard minutes and then a rest, if required later perhaps another 10-15 mins in the second half. He hits the line hard and while fresh can do a good job but yes, he's at the end of a successful nrl career.

Fair enough. I'd go with average though rather than poor and he must be going close to being onside most of the time because he hasn't been giving penalties away too often. If I was in charge ( right ha ha ) I'd start him with Lodge and tell him I want 15 good hard minutes and then a rest, if required later perhaps another 10-15 mins in the second half. He hits the line hard and while fresh can do a good job but yes, he's at the end of a successful nrl career.

That could work too, as that's basically all Thaiday does. And granted he hasn't really gotten a lot of game time to balance it out (and begs the question why even play him at all if it's only for 11 mins). I know he's your boy, but so far he's only been noted for that mistake and wearing headgear when he never used to. I'd wager that if Haas and or Gillett were fit, we wouldn't see him at all this year

Not to get into a religious debate, but writting onto a stone tablet doesnt suddenly make something fact/not an opinion, its as much of a fallacy as using the bible as a source of evidence to prove the bible is real....

Sorry to drift off the topic staff/mods. Carry on, dont mind me

I am watching Fifita against Dolphins and they worked him over. He missed six tackles, making double efforts and they just made him keep going. Slowed his play the balls down and gave him a lesson in football.

He's missed 16 now in four games.

He got into dummy half more and helped out which is a positive. He still made good ground but doesn't have those little NRL things in his game yet.

32 tackle breaks in four games, he's a handful.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Bongo
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • bert_lifts
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.