Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

McGuire wasn't his usual self out there, statistically speaking.

Did he get a HIA? 11 runs for 102 metres and only 12 tackles.
Was taken off early (for Sammy I believe??) and then did a lot of link play in his second stint, not much ball so not much tackling.

He was basically afforded another week off with the way the second half turned out, which should help him in the coming weeks.

Did I hear right about some of the Nine commentators complain of the low turnout for the game. Over 24,000 went! For any other team (especially the NSW teams), that would be a "super" turnout.

F' the NRL; it's only because of the most commercially successful club running around that you're making any money at all.

It was good to see Atkins pull up Klemmer for his jump in the air when Kahu took the penalty goal.

I think he would have given us another shot if he had missed.
I remember one of our players doing that against Roosters, when Malone was kicking.

It was good to see Atkins pull up Klemmer for his jump in the air when Kahu took the penalty goal.

I think he would have given us another shot if he had missed.

Klemmer is the model stereotypical footballer; great at the game-nothing else between the ears.

A bit of everything that game. Some great, some terrible and a decent amount of luck at times. (Disclaimer I was there tonight so I may be incorrect in places where the tv showed better)

Dogs started the match playing a style that was really troubling - a lot of foot speed, ball movement and 'reverses'. but they were never going to keep up that intensity. They needed everything to stick and win the game inside the first 50-60 mins. But it didn't and they fell apart. High risk, high reward.

Our starting props were nullified by this and while I don't think it would've changed too much, it's the reason why I don't like Sims + Blair together. Sims really needs to pick his game up. He's been pretty flat lately.

Hunt + Milf were about equal in both good and bad. Those kicks running dead are already old. Hunt's try is proof he needs to run. And run. And run again. If I see one more nothing-bomb punt again I'm gonna lose my shit. It was nice to see that block penalty called though.

Moga is like a rangey Vidot. Shit hands, even worse defence but can beast over and through opposition defenders. I don't think he'll get any better once he leaves though. Hopefully Tommy O can slot straight in there next season (or earlier).

Rambling a bit so I'll sum up the rest: hated the constant crash balls at the line. We don't have the players to do that, or at least aren't practised enough at it. loved the 2nd phase from TPJ + Offa. More please.

Gillett was great but had an unfortunate night with the hands. They weren't easy though. Pearson unlucky not to score - needs to learn to switch hands and carry outside (I'm guessing that's not his natural side?)

Jimmy was great. We need to re-sign him asap. Macca was awesome and has taken his game that next step. Kodi didn't disappoint at fullback and was fearless hitting up against Fatiano and co.

All in all, a good session of blowing out some attacking cobwebs and pumping up our F/A

Have to agree the F/A boost is massive. Manly roosters and sharks have pretty decent runs into the finals.... we've jumped ahead now just need a couple slip ups from the chasing pack and top 4 is well on the cards

That is swell and all but if we had not bombed so many tries tonight we would have scored well over fifty. We are well in the top four but we aren't playing top four footy, the standard needs to lift and our first half performances need to improve big time.

Moga needs to get this run/pass thing sorted, Milf/Hunt need to run, at the line and in support, and if they are being told otherwise they should ignore it on the field.

People blowing up about the pass from Gillett to Milford claiming it was forward.

A lot of people even post pictures of Milford receiving the ball ahead of Gillett, completely oblivious to the fact that's not how forward passes are ruled on...

People blowing up about the pass from Gillett to Milford claiming it was forward.

A lot of people even post pictures of Milford receiving the ball ahead of Gillett, completely oblivious to the fact that's not how forward passes are ruled on...

TBH I think it was marginally forward and wouldn't have been upset if they called it so. But there are so many worse ones let go every week

TBH I think it was marginally forward and wouldn't have been upset if they called it so. But there are so many worse ones let go every week

Yeah but of course it's an atrocity because it was us. Cam Smith will throw about 10 forward passes against Canberra and nobody will bat an eyelash

It's hard to call because of the angle. You can't see how the ball came out of the hands.

But I'm willing to give the touchie the benefit of the doubt in that situation. It was such a close one. I thought line ball.

Shout out to everyone that did the try dance tonight. That was the most into anything I have seen a Broncos crowd.

Few key points:

1. Crowd was the loudest I've ever heard.
2. Moga is a world class passer.
3. The team played to their absolute best.
4. Scrums can be won against the feed.
5. Moga is the best player on the team.

Shout out to everyone that did the try dance tonight. That was the most into anything I have seen a Broncos crowd.

4b0564da25ae7fb6dbc0a9f83a9c7d1e.gif

Nice win over a very orrrrrdinary Dogs side.

Cheeky Bennett played the perfect hand letting little Niko roam around the back against a plodding Dogs side.

Eels are going to be much much better than what the Bronx have faced in the last 2 rds

So pretty happy with the win.

If we could stop with the shit chip kicks that'd great.

Can someone get a close look at Moga, pretty sure he wears blinkers

Nikorima temperament is incredible for a young player, if he's kicking game can be greatly improved. He's temperament and vision could make a real great halfback.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.