Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We collapsed long before half time in this one, and even in 2020 we didn't concede 60.

you do realise that 60 points conceded isn't actually the most points we've conceded in a game.

a legendary coach actually holds that honour

you do realise that 60 points conceded isn't actually the most points we've conceded in a game.

Didn’t we lose to the Eels 112-68 in late 2007 ?

Back in '07 with a team full of reserve grade players where we had a forward playing 5/8.

Good one.

Back in '07 with a team full of reserve grade players where we had a forward playing 5/8.

Good one.

I'm sure the likes of Civoniceva, Hodges, Boyd, Parker, Carlaw, Thorn, Thaiday and Hannant will take exception to you calling them reserve graders.

besides attack wasn't our issue we scored 22 points. a team with the names listed above shouldn't concede 68

I'm sure the likes of Civoniceva, Hodges, Boyd, Parker, Carlaw, Thorn, Thaiday and Hannant will take exception to you calling them reserve graders.

besides attack wasn't our issue we scored 22 points. a team with the names listed above shouldn't concede 68

Take a look at who was missing Foordy.

Also included Parker and Ennis. Ironically the two most vocal media personalities after last nights loss….

even with some guys missing ... the guys they had should have not conceded 68 points. that just a simple fact

So you decided to come in here and make the same point I've been making.

Also included Parker and Ennis. Ironically the two most vocal media personalities after last nights loss….
Was wondering if Parker had ever been involved in a flogging with all his bullshit last night... Canberra 56-0 in 09 and Storm 50-4 in 05 came to mind

close

round 25, 2007. we lost to the Eels 68 - 22

Bennett was the coach
In 2007, the Broncos experienced their worst injury toll in their history with many of their big names missing a fair chunk of the season. The match in question had Locky, Berro, Tatey and KHunt missing just to name a few. It was a huge effort just to make the 8.

A week later they lost 40-0 to Melbourne in the first round of the playoffs. That game is best remembered for being Alwyn Simpson's only first grade appearance and Ian Lacey's last.

Unfortunately, Reynolds not being the match winner we hoped he'd be is a bitter pill not many of us are ready to swallow. He was utterly outclassed by that gurning goblin in the condom cap last night. And Mam vs Munster was never going to be an even contest. Ezra did okay, but only okay.

I'm never going to force myself to even glimpse a highlight of this match, so correct me if you think I'm wrong, but I thought we lost the game in the spine. All parts of it, but particularly the first three. We allowed Hughes, Munster and Grant to motor around at will barely laying a hand on them.

Grant showed us why Walters isn't a top 8 hooker, just a no frills fill-in who's delivering about as much as you can expect from him. That Turpin was one of our best (in defence) just shows the yawning gulf between the two spines.

That Mam is green isn't too concerning. He will grow. That Turpin lacks x-factor attacking class isn't concerning. He's leaving. What is more concerning, is the club hasn't revealed plans to fortify either the dummy half/utility role with a genuine top 8 contender, beyond a rookie who might be years away from what we need.

But most concerning is the half who's been credited with turning the club around might be hitting his twilight faster than we'd hoped, and we have no visible replacement for him either. Mam is too green to take over the reigns, and Gamble is a gem, but lacks the skills and playmaking class. Maybe it's Walsh, but he comes with issues of his own and is also learning on the job.

Cheese was also troublesome from lock, but Patty would've shut his shit right down.

For mine, the conversation about halves is irrelevant when none of your forward make 100 metres.

What a disaster.....im still shocked......are we about to let such a promising season slip straight through our fingers?

I will need time to digest this, but its unacceptable...

Mind you, no team punishes you for every single error you make in a game quite like the Storm.

We are not a top 4 team right now, that much is clear, and much work lays ahead of us to achieve such a standing..

Or, you could simply say that this is the level that Walters can take us, and no further?

And is that enough for DD & Ikin, the club, its sponsers and fans?

If we put up an awful display next week, I’ll get the pitchforks out too. However, maybe this is what we needed. Hear me out.

This team has been flying this year and have pulled out some really nice wins but something is rotten at present. Maybe this is the line in the sand moment the team needs to wake them up.

All of the Roosters, Eels, Rabbits and Storm have been questioned at points this year and then they bounced back to now be up to their necks in it. They responded to criticism by pulling their fingers out. This shellacking might have been what we needed to do the same.

If next week is more of the same though, I’ll join in the worried chat. But right now, it isn’t too late to get something out of this season.

after the last two years of covid and sucking at nrl this year isnt so bad
no masks and my team has double digit wins

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • davidp
  • TimWhatley
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Alec
  • the_next
  • Accept
  • KickHaas
  • Painin the Haas
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Browny
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.