Round 24 - Broncos vs Knights - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Barba, in the short time he was playing 1, he wasn't going that bad. Maybe the confidence he earned in the 6 will translate over

I think Barba needs to re-think his strategy under the high ball.

Mid-air tackles are legal when tackling an attacking player, right? A penalty beats a 4 pointer..

11. Glenn
12. Gillett

I'm in no mood today for jokes from cunny funts.

I wanna see

1. MBarba or Nikorima
2. Drew
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday (not in the middle)
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Oates
15. Glenn
16. Molo
17. Kennedy (last chance)
18. Granville/ Vidot

But what we will get

1. Hodges/ Barba
2. Maranta
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Vidot
6. Barba/ Hodges
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Oates
15. Hannant
16. Kennedy
17. Granville or Lowrie

I wanna see

1. MBarba or Nikorima
2. Drew
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Barba
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday (not in the middle)
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Oates
15. Glenn
16. Molo
17. Kennedy (last chance)
18. Granville/ Vidot

But what we will get

1. Hodges/ Barba
2. Maranta
3. Copley
4. Reed
5. Vidot
6. Barba/ Hodges
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Oates
15. Hannant
16. Kennedy
17. Granville or Lowrie

why the hell would you drop Vidot after 1 poor game...

and Parker plays the exact same regardless of whether he has the 10 or 13 on his back ... you only have to watch the game to see that.

Kahu / K.Nikorima / M.Barba

I'd love to see any of those 3 at Fullback next game tbh.. add some freshness to the squad, some speed.

lol, Marmin, all we need is another Barba in the lineup considering the other one has been such a resounding success, Mister Wright got it right with the likely squad he posted.

I think Barba needs to re-think his strategy under the high ball.

Mid-air tackles are legal when tackling an attacking player, right? A penalty beats a 4 pointer..

to be fair, there is only like one or two fullbacks in the comp that could compete with inglis in the air

why the hell would you drop Vidot after 1 poor game...

and Parker plays the exact same regardless of whether he has the 10 or 13 on his back ... you only have to watch the game to see that.

One poor game...? The guys has bombed more tries this year then Maranta did last year. On at least three occasions he has dropped the ball with the line wide wide open. He is in the side first of all to score tries. He doesnt do that. I dont care if he makes 20m a run. In big games like last night against good teams those errors cost you the game. Im not say that even if he had of scored (a 80yr old wheel chair bound woman would have scored) we would have won but it would have given us a excellent chance of winning. IMO that mistake directly resulted in us lossing the plot and getting belted in the end.

Why since JYY have we not produced a quality winger who scores tries and finishes well....?

One poor game...? The guys has bombed more tries this year then Maranta did last year. On at least three occasions he has dropped the ball with the line wide wide open. He is in the side first of all to score tries. He doesnt do that. I dont care if he makes 20m a run. In big games like last night against good teams those errors cost you the game. Im not say that even if he had of scored (a 80yr old wheel chair bound woman would have scored) we would have won but it would have given us a excellent chance of winning. IMO that mistake directly resulted in us lossing the plot and getting belted in the end.

Why since JYY have we not produced a quality winger who scores tries and finishes well....?

Vidot has been invaluable for us ... last night doesn't change that.

Vidot has been invaluable for us ... last night doesn't change that.

Agreed, he had an absolute Barry last night but that doesn't undo all the good work he's done. Been one of our best all year imo.

Vidot is not perfect of course ... he has things to work on, like his ability under the high ball

Vidot has been good this year but he really needs to work on his finishing. Maranta had the same problem last year and went away and worked on it. The 12 point turn around really killed us last night

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The next person that says Parker playing at 10 is fine because he plays the same as at lock is getting a virtual golf shoe to the nads. It's not so much about him, it's about the team. Parker has the size & defensive solidness to play at prop, but when he moves there we have a totally different kind of player at lock. Thaiday has the size but not the mobility or stamina of Parker. Gillett is flashier, is more mobile, but is very loose in defence, even if he can hit as hard on occasion. So you're actually trading one of those players for a genuine prop, who Parker has displaced. That's the problem and that's why I don't like Parker at prop.

Exactly, Parker at lock would allow another real prop to play.

Hannant in the middle >>>> Thaiday in the middle.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The next person that says Parker playing at 10 is fine because he plays the same as at lock is getting a virtual golf shoe to the nads. It's not so much about him, it's about the team. Parker has the size & defensive solidness to play at prop, but when he moves there we have a totally different kind of player at lock. Thaiday has the size but not the mobility or stamina of Parker. Gillett is flashier, is more mobile, but is very loose in defence, even if he can hit as hard on occasion. So you're actually trading one of those players for a genuine prop, who Parker has displaced. That's the problem and that's why I don't like Parker at prop.
I'm one of the guys that believes Parker plays the same game whether at prop or lock, but I do agree with you that we've had problems with whomever takes his spot for the reasons you mention.

If people said we need a good lock instead of hammering the "Parker isn't a prop" or plays differently as a prop agenda, it probably would resonate better.

Put Thaiday on the right edge, Gillett on the left (where I believe he plays his best footy), and Kennedy to start with McGuire.
Glenn has been quite good of late, but I would have him as the bench utility alongside Oates, Hannant/Kennedy and Wallace.

Last edited:
1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Maranta
6. Hodges
7. Hunt

We've seen this question answered by Hook already earlier this year.

Exactly, Parker at lock would allow another real prop to play.

Hannant in the middle >>>> Thaiday in the middle.

Watching us pack a scrum last night was almost comical how round and stubby our forward pack is compared to Souths giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Scdeac
  • Skathen
  • rnabokov
  • Pablo
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.