POST GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

Another good way is to pull him aside at training and tell him that we aren’t paying him elite money to spend the entire gaming standing, two in from the right touch line, counting the birds and waiting for the ball to come to him.

If he’s legitimately struggling to execute plays and / or is low on confidence, getting in there and getting his hands on the ball early to do some basic runs out of our own end might actually help him build into games.

I really can’t see how there could be an argument against him going looking for work (not saying you are, but I have seen others). He doesn’t have to be rucking it out every set, but once every now and then would be a significant increase on what he’s provided thus far.
Agree with you. He needs to get involved more. Take more runs out of dummy half even like Hodges used to do.

It's not really. We're seeing a return to the same problems we've had over the last three years, and it scares the **** out of us. The last two wins were satisfying, but hardly convincing and the trials were an abomination.

Bottom line: we don't trust the coaching staff, because they're yet to earn it.

I try not to look at it on the extreme levels, there's no doubt we're playing better. We got trashed on Sunday but the 2 games before that while they weren't convincing we defended well and competed for 80 minutes.

It's not realistic that we go from a bottom 4 team to a top 4 team, I think a realistic expectation would be that we get stuck in that ruck of teams 6-10.

Once we sort out our fullback woes, I think we'd instantly become a much better team. Our hooker isn't great either but it's not like he is losing us games.

Capewell is rated more of a chance of playing than missing this week apparently.

Capewell is rated more of a chance of playing than missing this week apparently.
Why name him at 24 then, doesn't make sense. Just name him to start and strike him out game day if he's not fit.

Why name him at 24 then, doesn't make sense. Just name him to start and strike him out game day if he's not fit.
Kevie thinks he’s being clever, when he should really focus on not being an average at best coach. So far

The Broncos didn't offer Tom a contract extension, but the Cowboys did. Kevvie dropped him week one, and fucked around with mind games in the press, and then chopped and changed halves every week.

Tom said he wanted to stay. His agent said he wanted to stay. But the Broncos didn't want him. He eventually accepted the Cowboys offer, and the Broncos released him immediately. He never had anything but good words for the Broncos, regardless of how he might've felt.

He might not have been forced out but he was shown the door and his BFF Xavier Coates soon followed.
bullshit he was checking out the Cowboys facilities in the off season before Kevvie started

bullshit he was checking out the Cowboys facilities in the off season before Kevvie started
Are you implying he wasn't allowed, or shouldn't have been allowed, to do that? Because Kevvie knew about it, and was fine with it. Players are free to check out other clubs when they're renewing their contracts. They're free to check out other clubs any time. They're not bonded slaves.

Are you implying he wasn't allowed, or shouldn't have been allowed, to do that? Because Kevvie knew about it, and was fine with it. Players are free to check out other clubs when they're renewing their contracts. They're free to check out other clubs any time. They're not bonded slaves.
I'm implying the kid was gone , loved the Cowboys and Thurston growing up he was never staying.
to make out it was Walters fault is complete bullshit

I'm implying the kid was gone , loved the Cowboys and Thurston growing up he was never staying.
to make out it was Walters fault is complete bullshit
If Walters wanted him to stay, and the Broncos had made him an offer, he probably would've stayed. We can't know that because neither of those happened. As for your speculation that he was plotting to join the Cowboys all along, that's just made up cynical shit. He never said that. His manager never said that. Where did you get it from?

If Walters wanted him to stay, and the Broncos had made him an offer, he probably would've stayed. We can't know that because neither of those happened. As for your speculation that he was plotting to join the Cowboys all along, that's just made up cynical shit. He never said that. His manager never said that. Where did you get it from?
F2bgxlv81dk81
he's from Mackay and was in their system

The Dearden situation was bizarre.

Essentially what happened was that Clifford signed onto play for Newcastle leaving the Cowboys short. So they head-hunted Dearden and the both parties made sure to make it public to heap pressure on the Broncos.

After going back and forth all pre-season, Walters settled on a Milford/Croft combination which peeved the Dearden camp who threatened to walk if Dearden wasn't given game time. Walters acquiesced and rushed Dearden into the squad and Tom proceeded to have some of the worst performances of his career.

Brisbane decided they were going to pass on Dearden after that audition allowing the Cowboys to pick him up on what could be a bargain.

If Brisbane had have got into a bidding war, they probably could have got him but they didn't want to. With that said, the talk that Dearden wanted to be a Broncos for life and was rejected by the club he loved was BS too. They were just bitter the Broncos didn't help him get a better deal one way or another.

However it looks like he's settled now and is beginning to play the type of football he displayed in 2018. It's been a long time coming...

On James.
For consideration here is his contribution over three games.

106 mins. 107 metres. 43 post contact metres

Yuk. That's one and three quarter hours for a whopping 107 metres.
****, he must talk a really great game.

Oh, in RKs 23 mins? In less than a quarter of that time he made 53 metres and 20 pcm. Didn't talk as much though, right? Maybe less talk more action from James?

I know who I'd rather have out there.

Neither of them.

That would make sense, we are an entitled bunch, whether people agree with me or not it doesn't really matter.

We support a team that has rarely ever sucked and now that we are sucking, the expectation is that we drop all sorts of players (despite the fact they are the best we have) and go ahead and sign players from other clubs (despite the fact they are under contract).

It's ridiculous, really.

Players are only the best you have when they are performing. Boyd was a brilliant player, until he wasn't, then people had no issues if he got dropped. You dont pick players based on reputation, you pick them based on form.

The Dearden situation was bizarre.

Essentially what happened was that Clifford signed onto play for Newcastle leaving the Cowboys short. So they head-hunted Dearden and the both parties made sure to make it public to heap pressure on the Broncos.

After going back and forth all pre-season, Walters settled on a Milford/Croft combination which peeved the Dearden camp who threatened to walk if Dearden wasn't given game time. Walters acquiesced and rushed Dearden into the squad and Tom proceeded to have some of the worst performances of his career.

Brisbane decided they were going to pass on Dearden after that audition allowing the Cowboys to pick him up on what could be a bargain.

If Brisbane had have got into a bidding war, they probably could have got him but they didn't want to. With that said, the talk that Dearden wanted to be a Broncos for life and was rejected by the club he loved was BS too. They were just bitter the Broncos didn't help him get a better deal one way or another.

However it looks like he's settled now and is beginning to play the type of football he displayed in 2018. It's been a long time coming...

I think once the Cowboys came calling he was always going to want a move to the club he supported where he could be mentored by his hero.

I think once the Cowboys came calling he was always going to want a move to the club he supported where he could be mentored by his hero.
It was a good sell but he was willing to see what the Broncos were offering since the Cowboys reputation was in tatters.

Don't forget he left the Cowboys once before to join the Broncos and turned down the Roosters.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Wolfie
  • john1420
  • Justwin
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Fitzy
  • lynx000
  • The Strapper
  • simplythebest
  • Financeguy
  • abashii
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • broncsgoat
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.