POST GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

It was a good sell but he was willing to see what the Broncos were offering since the Cowboys reputation was in tatters.

Don't forget he left the Cowboys once before to join the Broncos and turned down the Roosters.

I think after the way we handled him, it was pretty much all over. He ws thrown to the Wolves a bit here.

I think after the way we handled him, it was pretty much all over. He ws thrown to the Wolves a bit here.

From what I remember, Walters planned to have him develop in Q Cup for the year, which in hindsight would have been the best move for his development. Walters didn't so much throw him to the wolves as much as relent to his demands to be allowed to play with said wolves. And they sure as **** tore him up.

You're not wrong, but if he starts 2021 and kills it, it's a different story.
Yep, his performances just didn't warrant the Broncos going into bat for him (something like 5 try's total in 4 games with him as starting halfback in 2021) when we already had over priced and under performing players on our books.

Dearden was given a decent go at the Broncos to cement himself...for whatever reason he didn't do that and the rest is history.

Whilst he is starting to have good moments at the Cowboys it's not like he is suddenly the combination of Langer/Johns/Stuart/Cronk...he still has a way to go before i have remorse on losing him.

Yep, his performances just didn't warrant the Broncos going into bat for him (something like 5 try's total in 4 games with him as starting halfback in 2021) when we already had over priced and under performing players on our books.

Dearden was given a decent go at the Broncos to cement himself...for whatever reason he didn't do that and the rest is history.

Whilst he is starting to have good moments at the Cowboys it's not like he is suddenly the combination of Langer/Johns/Stuart/Cronk...he still has a way to go before i have remorse on losing him.
The thing for him this year is his pack is totally dominating. Deaden has won literally zero games when the pack has been matched and goes completely missing when the pack gets dominated. Will he learn this? Possibly, but he has shown absolutely zero ability to do so in the nrl so far.
It's funny, Dearden supporters were saying last year that it's not his fault his team are losing and it shouldn't be used as a barometer for his quality, but now his team his winning..... lol

This is the what could have been side, what do you guys think, which ones do we 'rue'?

1. Walsh (Warriors)
2. Coates (Storm)
3. Gagai (Knights)
4. Opacic (Eels)
5. Isaako (Titans)
6. Dearden (Cowboys)
7. Walker (Roosters)
8. Haas (Roosters-in-waiting)
9. Simpkin (Tigers)
10. Collins (Roosters)
11. Fifita (Titans)
12. Bullemor (Sea Eagles)
13. Ofahengaue (Tigers)

14. Nikorima (Warriors)
15. Lodge (Warriors)
16. Pangai Jr (Bulldogs)
17. Arrow (Rabbitohs)

18. Molo (Dragons)
19. Boyd (Titans)
20. Wallace (Titans)
21. Su'A (Dragons)
22. McCullough (Dragons)
23. Hunt (Dragons)

This is the what could have been side, what do you guys think, which ones do we 'rue'?

1. Walsh (Warriors)
2. Coates (Storm)
3. Gagai (Knights)
4. Opacic (Eels)
5. Isaako (Titans)
6. Dearden (Cowboys)
7. Walker (Roosters)
9. Simpkin (Tigers)
10. Collins (Roosters)
11. Fifita (Titans)
13. Ofahengaue (Tigers)

14. Nikorima (Warriors)
15. Lodge (Warriors)
16. Pangai Jr (Bulldogs)
17. Arrow (Rabbitohs)

18. Molo (Dragons)
19. Boyd (Titans)
20. Wallace (Titans)
21. Su'A (Dragons)
22. McCullough (Broncos)
23. Hunt (Dragons)
Right now, based on what players we have.

Walsh, Fifita and Nikorima (as a 14).

The rest don’t bother me.

1. Walsh (Warriors)
2. Coates (Storm)
3. Gagai (Knights)
4. Opacic (Eels)
5. Isaako (Titans)
6. Dearden (Cowboys)
7. Walker (Roosters)
9. Simpkin (Tigers)
10. Collins (Roosters)
11. Fifita (Titans)
13. Ofahengaue (Tigers)

14. Nikorima (Warriors)
15. Lodge (Warriors)
16. Pangai Jr (Bulldogs)
17. Arrow (Rabbitohs)

18. Molo (Dragons)
19. Boyd (Titans)
20. Wallace (Titans)
21. Su'A (Dragons)
22. McCullough (Broncos)
23. Hunt (Dragons)
You’ve ordered it weird because Hunt Macca and TPJ would all be in the starting line up and Sua is better than Bully.

1. Walsh
2. Coates
3. Gagai
4. Opacic
5. Isaako
6. Walker
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. Macca
10. Collins
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Arrow

14. Niko
15. Lodge
16. McGuire
17. Sua

Coach: Wayne

I think this team would comfortably beat our current team

You’ve ordered it weird because Hunt Macca and TPJ would all be in the starting line up and Sua is better than Bully.

1. Walsh
2. Coates
3. Gagai
4. Opacic
5. Isaako
6. Walker
7. Hunt
8. Wallace
9. Macca
10. Collins
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Arrow

14. Niko
15. Lodge
16. McGuire
17. Sua

I think this team would comfortably beat our current team

I ordered the way I did based on where we are currently and who would benefit.

I ordered the way I did based on where we are currently and who would benefit.
For arguments sake if I could merge your list with the actual team list and salary cap didn’t matter it would be something like:

1. Walsh
2. Farnworth
3. Gagai
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hunt
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Sua
13. Hetherington

14. Arrow
15. Flegler
16. Collins
17. Wallace

1. Walsh (Warriors)
2. Coates (Storm)
3. Gagai (Knights)
4. Opacic (Eels)
5. Isaako (Titans)
6. Dearden (Cowboys)
7. Walker (Roosters)
9. Simpkin (Tigers)
10. Collins (Roosters)
11. Fifita (Titans)
13. Ofahengaue (Tigers)

14. Nikorima (Warriors)
15. Lodge (Warriors)
16. Pangai Jr (Bulldogs)
17. Arrow (Rabbitohs)

18. Molo (Dragons)
19. Boyd (Titans)
20. Wallace (Titans)
21. Su'A (Dragons)
22. McCullough (Dragons)
23. Hunt (Dragons)
No thanks. So glad we've lost most of these players. Gagai, Opacic, Dearden, Walker, Simpkin and Bullemore are the only players that would even fit our "no dickhead" and "can count to 10" policies that we should be sticking to when signing players.

For arguments sake if I could merge your list with the actual team list and salary cap didn’t matter it would be something like:

1. Walsh
2. Farnworth
3. Gagai
4. Staggs
5. Cobbo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Hunt
10. Carrigan
11. Capewell
12. Sua
13. Hetherington

14. Arrow
15. Flegler
16. Collins
17. Wallace

jizz in my pants GIF

1. Walsh (Warriors)
2. Coates (Storm)
3. Gagai (Knights)
4. Opacic (Eels)
5. Isaako (Titans)
6. Dearden (Cowboys)
7. Walker (Roosters)
9. Simpkin (Tigers)
10. Collins (Roosters)
11. Fifita (Titans)
13. Ofahengaue (Tigers)

14. Nikorima (Warriors)
15. Lodge (Warriors)
16. Pangai Jr (Bulldogs)
17. Arrow (Rabbitohs)

18. Molo (Dragons)
19. Boyd (Titans)
20. Wallace (Titans)
21. Su'A (Dragons)
22. McCullough (Dragons)
23. Hunt (Dragons)

Right now the only one that upsets me is Walker. We made the right call on the rest

Imagine a Reynolds/ Walker halves pairing

Right now the only one that upsets me is Walker. We made the right call on the rest

Imagine a Reynolds/ Walker halves pairing
I don't think we made the right call with Bullemor. He would have been really handy right about now. I'm sure whatever we are paying James/Kennedy/Jensen would be more than enough. Now we have to watch Manly waste him on an edge.

I don't think we made the right call with Bullemor. He would have been really handy right about now. I'm sure whatever we are paying James/Kennedy/Jensen would be more than enough. Now we have to watch Manly waste him on an edge.
I don't think they were the roadblocks. Brisbane had Payne Haas, Tom Flegler and Pat Carrigan in their middle row rotation and they were all around Bullemor's age. There was just no upward trajectory whereas at Manly he'll likely replace Taupau in due time.

Even so, I doubt those three are on much more than the minimum salary, whatever saving you're getting wouldn't be enough to better Manly's offer.

The thing for him this year is his pack is totally dominating. Deaden has won literally zero games when the pack has been matched and goes completely missing when the pack gets dominated. Will he learn this? Possibly, but he has shown absolutely zero ability to do so in the nrl so far.
It's funny, Dearden supporters were saying last year that it's not his fault his team are losing and it shouldn't be used as a barometer for his quality, but now his team his winning..... lol

To be fair most halves struggle when the pack gets dominated. Look at Reynolds last Sunday. Could not get into the game at all for the most part.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Jedhead
  • The Don
  • Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Spooky1013
  • Fitzy
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.