POST GAME [Round 3, 2022] Broncos vs Cowboys

It is all the people with more than 15K posts, we have from a very knowledgable source that they are the issue. You have such few posts you are clearly on the ball and know what you are talking about.

That would make sense, we are an entitled bunch, whether people agree with me or not it doesn't really matter.

We support a team that has rarely ever sucked and now that we are sucking, the expectation is that we drop all sorts of players (despite the fact they are the best we have) and go ahead and sign players from other clubs (despite the fact they are under contract).

It's ridiculous, really.

Reynolds and Alby Kelly :46 tackles between them and missed 9.
Townsend and Dearden :27 tackles between them and missed 4.

We have fantastic forwards, why aren't we running at the halves and hurting them, exhausting them before they can hurt us?

I feel like there are too many hit ups by middle forwards being taken, its no surprise that Haas and Carrigan and co numbers are so high. Broncos need to shift the ball more, or at least look like they could threaten to shift the ball more - a team like the Storm always seems to have their backlines set so they can shift the ball any tackle they feel like, whereas the Broncos seem happy to just keep having middle forwards take runs. I get that they may want to be conservative, but again, at least look like you can spread it at any time.

I feel like there are too many hit ups by middle forwards being taken, its no surprise that Haas and Carrigan and co numbers are so high. Broncos need to shift the ball more, or at least look like they could threaten to shift the ball more - a team like the Storm always seems to have their backlines set so they can shift the ball any tackle they feel like, whereas the Broncos seem happy to just keep having middle forwards take runs. I get that they may want to be conservative, but again, at least look like you can spread it at any time.
Makes sense. It’s a way to get Staggs involved more too. One out hit ups have been a pet play for far too long.

I think if we finished off a couple of our half chances in the first half, it's a different ball game.

We let ourselves down and Cowboys ended up running riot. It's not panic stations yet, though.

We've had a great start to the season. I think if you told anyone after Round 25 that we would be 2 from 3 to start 2022, they would be laughing.

Have some faith. We'll be fine. Just need to tweak a couple of things.

How is Albert Kelly a better option than Tom Dearden has turned out to be.

Kevin inexplicably was intent on moving Dearden on. Kid will be a star and play Origin.
He has had one good game and that was his revenge game against his former club, most players have those. Outside the weekend he is yet to look like a first grader let alone a ‘star’.

For the people going after Reynolds this was his second game in this team. It will take him more than 2 games to fit in but more importantly will take more than 5-6 games for the team to start to gell with him and his playing style.

I think the bigger problem is that we have a hooker in Turpin that gives poor service from dummy half. I watched him closely against the Cows and instead of passing from the ground he constantly stands with the ball before passing causing the runners to pull up in their run to receive the ball. He also never feints one way then goes the other side just telegraphs each pass which the Cowboys defence lapped up by going after our runners in numbers.

Our 7 is sorted and now it's time to look at promotion of Walters and or Paix to get a decent 9.

Makes sense. It’s a way to get Staggs involved more too. One out hit ups have been a pet play for far too long.
Another good way is to pull him aside at training and tell him that we aren’t paying him elite money to spend the entire gaming standing, two in from the right touch line, counting the birds and waiting for the ball to come to him.

If he’s legitimately struggling to execute plays and / or is low on confidence, getting in there and getting his hands on the ball early to do some basic runs out of our own end might actually help him build into games.

I really can’t see how there could be an argument against him going looking for work (not saying you are, but I have seen others). He doesn’t have to be rucking it out every set, but once every now and then would be a significant increase on what he’s provided thus far.

Another good way is to pull him aside at training and tell him that we aren’t paying him elite money to spend the entire gaming standing, two in from the right touch line, counting the birds and waiting for the ball to come to him.

If he’s legitimately struggling to execute plays and / or is low on confidence, getting in there and getting his hands on the ball early to do some basic runs out of our own end might actually help him build into games.

I really can’t see how there could be an argument against him going looking for work (not saying you are, but I have seen others). He doesn’t have to be rucking it out every set, but once every now and then would be a significant increase on what he’s provided thus far.
Mind you when he tried that on Sunday the first time he tried to ruck out of our own end he lost the frikkin ball in the tackle. I mean come on Katoni -basics FFS!

He has had one good game and that was his revenge game against his former club, most players have those. Outside the weekend he is yet to look like a first grader let alone a ‘star’.
That’s just not true. He’s been great all season and in the trials. He’s got something like 2 tries and 6 try assists, and his defence has been very good.

Speaking of looks, I warned this jackass what was in store if he didn't sort out his hair:

ScreenFO718rFaMAAZPWc

So untrue

Dearden was intent on not being patient and following the coaches development plan.

He wasn't forced out; he wanted to go.
The Broncos didn't offer Tom a contract extension, but the Cowboys did. Kevvie dropped him week one, and fucked around with mind games in the press, and then chopped and changed halves every week.

Tom said he wanted to stay. His agent said he wanted to stay. But the Broncos didn't want him. He eventually accepted the Cowboys offer, and the Broncos released him immediately. He never had anything but good words for the Broncos, regardless of how he might've felt.

He might not have been forced out but he was shown the door and his BFF Xavier Coates soon followed.

How is Albert Kelly a better option than Tom Dearden has turned out to be.

Kevin inexplicably was intent on moving Dearden on. Kid will be a star and play Origin.
Albert won't be asking for big money if he plays well
He's the perfect guy to hold the spot while a young player like Ezra can develop properly in Qcup for a year or 2.
He brings experience and knows how to win a game and has runs on the board.
Deardon has had about 4 good games and he's playing well because his team is playing well.
Albert was a main reason we won our first 2 games I don't see us winning them if Deardon right now was the 6.

He might be a star one day but he's still a long way off.

I haven't been on for a little while but, I can't believe how much people on this forum can up and change on players after 1 week constantly. Yes we had a terrible week and should be a bit upset but the only player who should be truely dropped is Turps because he isn't a quality nrl 9. We are a very new together team and was always going to take a while to work together as 1. But I'm happy with the start of the year and Reynolds will lead us for a win this week.

I haven't been on for a little while but, I can't believe how much people on this forum can up and change on players after 1 week constantly. Yes we had a terrible week and should be a bit upset but the only player who should be truely dropped is Turps because he isn't a quality nrl 9. We are a very new together team and was always going to take a while to work together as 1. But I'm happy with the start of the year and Reynolds will lead us for a win this week.

It's a tad ridiculous, I usually enjoy sharing and reading views of others but it's like half the forum are arguing among each other over who the new scapegoat is going to be.

We beat the Warriors (which we should be able to do) and we are 3 and 1. One loss isn't the end of everything.

It's a tad ridiculous, I usually enjoy sharing and reading views of others but it's like half the forum are arguing among each other over who the new scapegoat is going to be.

We beat the Warriors (which we should be able to do) and we are 3 and 1. One loss isn't the end of everything.
It's not really. We're seeing a return to the same problems we've had over the last three years, and it scares the **** out of us. The last two wins were satisfying, but hardly convincing and the trials were an abomination.

Bottom line: we don't trust the coaching staff, because they're yet to earn it.

Huh?
🤔🤔🤔
2 off loads
1 line break
5 try assists
4 line break assists
1 try
2 forced drop outs

That 'one good game' must have been a belter!!!!!!!!!

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • pennywisealfie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Alec
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • dasherhalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bongo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.