Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Decided against going out to watch the game. Good decison it seems. Hopefully this is a wake up call, I don't want to walk away from suncorp on friday with a loss to the cows.

absolutely missed oates.. he carries over the line in this match no question (credit to eden for his improvement tho)

wouldnt cover up how shit that 2nd half was

holy **** the crowd just wouldnt STFU.. the ref goes back 11-13metres each ruck.. the defense dont HAVE to be behind him, just back 10 ffs

no idea wtf happened to offa.. v.curious tho

wondering if bennett is holding something back.. its a long season after all

hunt definutely looks lost now that milf is taking his share of the reigns.. if he could just improve his kicking and pick his moments better, along with kahu taking over goal kicking who knows how tgings could improve..

If Reed is out we'll see Kahu at left centre and Maranta returning to his right wing.

And honestly, if Wayne isn't going to use Ofahengaue we should swap him out for a Molo or Ese'ese type impact player, let Joe play 60 minutes in Queensland Cup, he'll be a much better player next season for the experience.

For me the issue is that we were being battered and on the back foot. We needed a fresh player. I can't understand why he didn't get a run. Game management: Hook 1. Bennett 0

For me the issue is that we were being battered and on the back foot. We needed a fresh player. I can't understand why he didn't get a run. Game management: Hook 1. Bennett 0

Yeah totally agree, not sure why Joe didn't play, I'm pretty sure if we have his fresh legs for the last 20 minutes instead of exhausted Thaiday, and Wayne played Nikorima for his usual minutes in the second half, we probably win the game.

Nikorima becomes a virtual liability after defending in the middle for 15 minutes, but for whatever reason Wayne decided he was playing more than that tonight.

Hook is laughing his ass off right now. Hunt has had 2 awesome seasons, is he out of puff? Milford is killing it though.

Hook is laughing his ass off right now. Hunt has had 2 awesome seasons, is he out of puff? Milford is killing it though.

Wow.....WOW. It's round 3 and we have people second guessing how good Hunt is. You're all massive drama queens.

Better to have this loss now than next week against the Cows. Bennett will have us up for that. This is the second time Penrith have done us by a point on their turf. It's fucking annoying.

Last edited:
I was weird. It's like Wayne just let them do whatever, take the quick tap instead of he two, make the risky offload, play them all for longer minutes....might be making a point. "That's why we take the 2 boys, you boys need to work on your fitness, you don't have this season in the bag."

I was weird. It's like Wayne just let them do whatever, take the quick tap instead of he two, make the risky offload, play them all for longer minutes....might be making a point. "That's why we take the 2 boys, you boys need to work on your fitness, you don't have this season in the bag."

It's possible.

It's only Round 3. We can afford to lose a game.

To compound the shithouse evening for Broncs fans, Ash Taylor is killing it for the Titans.

Taylor's been bog average for the Titans before tonight. Played well tonight but he's not worthy of cleaning bennys boots

Taylor's been bog average for the Titans before tonight. Played well tonight but he's not worthy of cleaning bennys boots

Unfortunately, at the moment, benny is not worthy of cleaning benny's boots either. I hope he snaps out of whatever is ailing him with a monster game against the Cowboys. And a milf double though Morgan would be very tasty as well.

Unfortunately, at the moment, benny is not worthy of cleaning benny's boots either. I hope he snaps out of whatever is ailing him with a monster game against the Cowboys. And a milf double though Morgan would be very tasty as well.

I thought he looked ok in the first half... Not great but not poor... None of our players could say they had a good second half so I don't think hunt is as far away as everyone thinks... He's got a hell of a lot of runs on the board for us so I've still got full confidence!!!

To me, this game came down to 30+ missed tackles, letting them offload at will (20+), as well as an abysmal bench usage with Kodi on way too long, and Offa not even coming on. I can't understand that, even with the Reed forced substitution.
It was almost like we swapped coaches... although Hook somehow has had Bennett's measure for a while tbh.

Positive note for Eden, who didn't put a foot wrong imo, and the usual suspects carrying the team: Milford, Gillett, Macca and Kahu all deserve a wrap, and despite that silly ball, I liked to see Roberts more involved.

Adam Blair didn't do the usual good clean-up work, preventing offloads, but he certainly wasn't the worst forward. Thaiday was at his worst, Wallace didn't do much, Kodi played his worst FG game, and like a few said, Parker did look old out there today.
Macca wasn't actually too bad during his shorter stint, and I liked Moose's urgency and usual work ethic, even if he missed a fair few tackles, albeit nowhere near as important as Glenn's misses...

I don't know what is going on with Hunt. Whether it's still GF ghosts bothering him, or Milford's rise to most dominant half, he needs to shake it off and regain confidence in himself. I was hoping that beauty of a try would help, but instead it was his swan song in this game.

Hopefully, this was the loss we needed to have, and we'll bounce back big time next Friday!

Gillett has been far and away our best player this season, his defence has improved again on top of his improvement from last season. I dare say his spot moving forward might be Lock, he's strong enough to play in the middle and has the motor to play 80 minutes at Lock.

Assuming Parker retires after this season, we could slim down Thaiday (Note: Would need to lose about 10 kg's) and play him in his preferred right back row position.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

Gillett has been far and away our best player this season, his defence has improved again on top of his improvement from last season. I dare say his spot moving forward might be Lock, he's strong enough to play in the middle and has the motor to play 80 minutes at Lock.

Assuming Parker retires after this season, we could slim down Thaiday (Note: Would need to lose about 10 kg's) and play him in his preferred right back row position.

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

In my mind, it's between him and McGuire. It factors on a couple of things: When Parker retires (which under Wayne, will be sooner rather than later) and who we sign or bring through. For instance, do we start bringing Arrow in at lock over SoO? Or Timu into the 2RF? Of course these scenarios hinge on giving/increasing game time for those guys in a big way so they can sustain the minutes. Or alternatively, signing/promoting a bigger prop, moving Josh back. Also, McGuire is a bit younger than Matt, so do we go with him for longevity sake?

Whatever happens, I don't think there's much downside to either if we go that way

Thaiday is great at right 2RF, running off Cronk for 30 mins every May-July. He'll never be fit enough to play any more than the 30-40 he does now however.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Santa
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • Hurrijo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • The Don
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.