POST GAME [Round 4, 2022] Warriors vs Broncos

T

The Don

QCup Player
Jul 19, 2020
There wasn't much wrong with Arey's kicking today... he had them regularly catching it inside their 10-20m, but we had no kick chase or linespeed and ended up conceding 60m sets or the ref found penalties.

He drilled a low kick looking for a 40/20 that was cut off by Walsh extremely well, but it was definitely going to be a set our way.

My only real issue was when he went for cross field bombs inside our 20m... we needed him to go for a forced drop outs instead of looking for hail mary cross field kicks to a winger like Oates, who has 100 tries, but barely any from bombs.

Ultimately we just weren't able to get any field position or possession... as usual... it's like we play a different game to everyone else. It's almost pointless watching us because what's the point of never seeing your team in attacking positions 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

View attachment 17660
Just on the ARey looking for forced drop outs, I can't help but think the problem is an added consequence of your poor attack. I will admit I didn't get to see the Rabbitohs game in its entirety but if you're not scoring or at least threatening with set plays, the defence can comfortably anticipate the grubber in behind and cut it off. Especially on 5th tackle as they see your lack of shape (I'm assuming there is a lack of it most of the time - hard to see on screen) and can prepare for a kick without worrying about giving time and space to your outside backs. Hence the bombs to Oates. At least that gives you a chance?

Just a thought, could be miles off.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Post match interviews with James, Hetherington and Robati:

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Just on the ARey looking for forced drop outs, I can't help but think the problem is an added consequence of your poor attack. I will admit I didn't get to see the Rabbitohs game in its entirety but if you're not scoring or at least threatening with set plays, the defence can comfortably anticipate the grubber in behind and cut it off. Especially on 5th tackle as they see your lack of shape (I'm assuming there is a lack of it most of the time - hard to see on screen) and can prepare for a kick without worrying about giving time and space to your outside backs. Hence the bombs to Oates. At least that gives you a chance?

Gotta say, as much as I like hanging shit on the Titans, it’s good having a rival fan on here that talks footy and doesn’t just come by trolling. Especially now, because we’re shit and absolutely fair game.

Appreciate your contributions @The Don.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
ScreenScreenshot 2022 04 03 at 11 54 17 Stats 3

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Reynolds has never been known for his repeat sets. I’m sure he’s capable but statistically he’s always scored low in this area.

Could also be the case that he doesn’t trust his teammates to actually come up with the tackle to force the drop out even if he does put a kick through to the in goal.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Reynolds has never been known for his repeat sets. I’m sure he’s capable but statistically he’s always scored low in this area.
Incorrect

He also knows how to build pressure when we're inside the 20m... last year was a bit of an anomaly, because Souths scored so many tries he wasn't required to force drop outs, but the previous year he had 19 forced drop outs in 20 games (tied for 2nd in the league with Moses and only behind Cleary), and 2019 (pre-covid and 6 again) he had 25 in 22 games, which was 2nd behind James Maloney... with the penalties coming back we may be heading back to that sort of game again.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Have we talked about how our excitement machine fullback got mowed down in full stride by back towers Curren and Tevaga 🤪

S

Stinger

BRL Player
Nov 13, 2019
Sorry, everyone. Our sucking in the last two games is my fault.

I was at sea for the two first rounds of the season. Heard/read we played good/ok/encouraging etc.

I then watched the dismal performance against the Cows, then the insipid display against the Warriors. Don't hate me, I didn't mean it...

I'll not watch Broncs live games anymore, I promise (well, until we win three in a row anyway - could take a while I guess ;)). My bad, I'll put my hand up.

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Maybe it’s Payne Haas lol
Hopefully not but Penrith were in a similar situation a few years ago as one of the players (his name eludes me at the moment) was allegedly doing the deed with another players girlfriend/wife causing infighting and unrest within the team. When said player moved on it was like a breath of fresh air and the team responded accordingly.

I'm not saying that this is happening at the Broncos but it's pretty obvious that there is an issue somewhere in the joint. The last 2 weeks they have played like they all just met for the first time an hour before the game.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Hopefully not but Penrith were in a similar situation a few years ago as one of the players (his name eludes me at the moment) was allegedly doing the deed with another players girlfriend/wife causing infighting and unrest within the team. When said player moved on it was like a breath of fresh air and the team responded accordingly.

I'm not saying that this is happening at the Broncos but it's pretty obvious that there is an issue somewhere in the joint. The last 2 weeks they have played like they all just met for the first time an hour before the game.
TMM lol. He’s signed with us now

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I

If we’re not kicking for repeat sets, I wish we could just go back to mastering the sweep play at the very least.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Annersley might also be able to expalin how Flegler's 'cannonball' tackle to the waistline can be deemed a foul and warrant a sin bin while Tevaga bust Patty's MCL with a straight cannonball to the knee yet manages to stay on the field. Then again he might not as is there can be no explanation for this level of incompetence.
Flegler wasn't binned for the cannon-ball tackle, he was binned for the late tackle on Fonua-Blake in the lead up to the tackle.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I know you hate Herbie, but it’s not his fault Niu literally had blinkers on and is far too stupid, selfish or both to bother looking for support.
Rapport implies communication between BOTH of them.

Active Now

• Huge
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.