POST GAME [Round 4, 2022] Warriors vs Broncos

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Flegler wasn't binned for the cannon-ball tackle, he was binned for the late tackle on Fonua-Blake in the lead up to the tackle.

either way a complete BS sin binning ... neither should have even been a penalty.

you know it's a disgraceful decision when the entire fox sports commentary team are siding with us

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Rapport implies communication between BOTH of them.
Thanks for the definition 🙄

But here in the real world we understand that Herbie could speak English, French, Mandarin or read romantic poetry, it wouldn’t make any difference when Niu doesn’t even look to see if anyone is supporting or consider passing.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
either way a complete BS sin binning ... neither should have even been a penalty.

you know it's a disgraceful decision when the entire fox sports commentary team are siding with us
The commentators thought it was for the cannonball when it was for the hit he put on Fonua-Blake.

It was late, he had time to pull out of it but he couldn't help himself and put a shot on.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
The commentators thought it was for the cannonball when it was for the hit he put on Fonua-Blake.

It was late, he had time to pull out of it but he couldn't help himself and put a shot on.
Was it late though?

If you’re going to go to the line with ball in hand, you should be prepared to cop a whack in that same movement.

It’s not as if Flegler took extra steps, he literally just completed the motion he’d started as Blake passed.

At 110kg, Flegler can’t exactly defy physics and he should not be penalised for standing his ground. After all, if Blake doesn’t pass, how stupid does Flegler look if he pulls out of the tackle.

I think it was a rubbish call and without doubt not a sin bin. I don’t even think it warranted a penalty.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Thanks for the definition 🙄

But here in the real world we understand that Herbie could speak English, French, Mandarin or read romantic poetry, it wouldn’t make any difference when Niu doesn’t even look to see if anyone is supporting or consider passing.
None of the team has any rapport. It's not just Tesi and Herbie. It's everyone and everyone else. Neither Tesi nor Herbie have much in the way of team awareness. Maybe you prefer to bash Tesi and give Herbie a free pass. I'm not giving one to either.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Flegler wasn't binned for the cannon-ball tackle, he was binned for the late tackle on Fonua-Blake in the lead up to the tackle.
Thanks for clarifying that. I honestly couldn't understand a number of the ref's calls.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
None of the team has any rapport. It's not just Tesi and Herbie. It's everyone and everyone else. Neither Tesi nor Herbie have much in the way of team awareness. Maybe you prefer to bash Tesi and give Herbie a free pass. I'm not giving one to either.
Gees you post some utter garbage sometimes.

I hold all players accountable for their errors, but I’m not about to blame Herbie for Niu not passing it to him.

That is just fucking daft.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

I hold all players accountable for their errors, but I’m not about to blame Herbie for Niu not passing it to him.

Herbie didn't get in a position to take the pass. They weren't communicating. It's not like Herbie would've attempted to pass it to him if the positions were reversed, so I see your point.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

check the replay !
Herbie goes inside which is completely covered and then by the time he skips to the outside he's behind and out of position, and tesi gets tackled.
Fucking seriously some of the dribble

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Was it late though?

If you’re going to go to the line with ball in hand, you should be prepared to cop a whack in that same movement.

It’s not as if Flegler took extra steps, he literally just completed the motion he’d started as Blake passed.

At 110kg, Flegler can’t exactly defy physics and he should not be penalised for standing his ground. After all, if Blake doesn’t pass, how stupid does Flegler look if he pulls out of the tackle.

I think it was a rubbish call and without doubt not a sin bin. I don’t even think it warranted a penalty.
I agree with you, and I hate that they slow motion the replays for these decisions. It should only be determined at normal speed.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
check the replay !
Herbie goes inside which is completely covered and then by the time he skips to the outside he's behind and out of position, and tesi gets tackled.
Fucking seriously some of the dribble
I thought you were leaving the forum yesterday?

Go back and read the posts, I have said Niu had blinkers on and never looked for anyone in support to pass to.

You show me the exact moment in any replay where Niu looks around for his support and I’ll happily eat my words.

Good luck with that.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
The thing that really struck me was how frustrated Reynolds was with the service. He was calling for the ball, through his arms up like WTF a number of times as Turps just shoveled it the wrong way. Our spine bar Reynolds is clueless. Nothing is going to change at this club until we stop listening to the media and sign some talent. Staggs is woeful at the moment, he is not fit obviously and something is not right there at all.

Cobbo was looking a lot better in the centres so I would drop Staggs and have Cobbo take his place with Pierra next to him.

Turpin has to be dropped and Kev has to show some faith in his son and Paix right now.

Bring back Gamble who will talk and bring some tempo now that Kelly is done.

Farnsworth to fullback, Hoiter or Lee to take his place. Niu is a lazy shit.

I am sick to death of the lazy unfit "guns" we have at this club. We need workers, people who can actually run a game plan and play with some depth. It's all short cuts out there for a lot of these blokes. To ready to give up on a play. As a fan I am sick of it.

A lot of people are angry with Fleggs but I feel it is unwarranted. He was trying to go low, those tackles were not classic hip drops or cannon balls. He is being targeted for just tackling and he would feel so frustrated because he being told to change his style, get his tackles lower and he is being targeted now for one reason only and that is because he is a Bronco.

Kev should have said something in the presser, Payten spoke the truth after his game and stuck up for his club. There is something not right about this game, it is obvious. We had the upper hand until the penalties started, notice how we have gone from being pinged all the time for set restarts and now it has swung to penalties in the opposing 40. We are spending whole matches in our half, our tackles in the opposing end are some of the lowest in the league. We are constantly trying to dig our way out of our own end. It's dog shit and laughable what the league is doing and it is obvious corruption. Explain to me how the teams who exploited these rules last year and the rule change was implemented for are now not being pinged but the lesser teams are.

You have Nas swinging at heads and getting fined but watch Fleggs get weeks for hitting the hips and sliding down. It isn't right and our club isn't saying anything.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I thought you were leaving the forum yesterday?

Go back and read the posts, I have said Niu had blinkers on and never looked for anyone in support to pass to.

You show me the exact moment in any replay where Niu looks around for his support and I’ll happily eat my words.

Good luck with that.
can't am leaving again, but what a stupid comment why would you if no-one calls for it . you back yourself in those situations

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Fonua-Blake passes short of Flegler who carries in with the big hit. Flegler had enough time to pull out of the tackle but chose to go on with it regardless and cost his team.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
can't am leaving again, but what a stupid comment why would you if no-one calls for it . you back yourself in those situations
Like I’ve already said once, go back and read it all.

I’m not rehashing it for you if you’re too lazy / stupid to understand.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.