POST GAME [Round 4, 2022] Warriors vs Broncos

I've seen plenty forwards get away with that on our forwards, hell even on our halves.
I know what you're saying but you'd have to get those examples side by side. The issue wasn't so much the lateness but how forceful the contact was. The GIF doesn't do it justice without the sound, you can hear it through the ref mic.

Looks hard to pull up in the amount of time between the pass and the contact. Keeping in mind both men are travelling toward each other, not just Flegler.
But Flegler is the one who initiates contact. The issue was that Fonua-Blake is shaping to pass well before Flegler decides that he's going to go in for the big hit, he had plenty of time to make an appropriate tackle but chose to put on a big hit which happened to take place when Fonua-Blake was vulnerable.

i did and like i said , stupid comment.
Given your ridiculous posts, I assume you know with absolute certainty that Farnworth didn’t call for it?

No, that’s right, you don’t.

But like I said, I know for certain Niu didn’t look for support. He never does.

Good ball runners look for support, particularly if they know they’re not quick enough. If you don’t think that’s true, then perhaps rugby league is not the sport for you.

But Flegler is the one who initiates contact. The issue was that Fonua-Blake is shaping to pass well before Flegler decides that he's going to go in for the big hit, he had plenty of time to make an appropriate tackle but chose to put on a big hit which happened to take place when Fonua-Blake was vulnerable.

Nothing wrong with that, definitely not a send off. Pedantic call.

Nothing wrong with that, definitely not a send off. Pedantic call.
Nothing wrong other than he put on a big hit on a guy without a ball which is against the rules. Wasn't a send off either. It didn't help his case that he then went and made a dangerous tackle on Curran.

Could definitely be a gap in my knowledge of the rules but I’m not really sure what Flegler was meant to do. Players run with the ball in 2 hands to put doubt in defenders mind that they’re shaping to pass, what if AFB dummies?

We need one of those cricket reactions timers on that.

A player shaping to pass can't mean that you have to pull out of tackling them. What if he throws a dummy?

Could definitely be a gap in my knowledge of the rules but I’m not really sure what Flegler was meant to do. Players run with the ball in 2 hands to put doubt in defenders mind that they’re shaping to pass, what if AFB dummies?
Make a regular tackle, don't go looking to put a big shot on with a guy who may not have the ball.

Then don't follow it up with an awkward attempt at tackle that looks like a cannonball.

Make a regular tackle, don't go looking to put a big shot on with a guy who may not have the ball.

Then don't follow it up with an awkward attempt at tackle that looks like a cannonball.
Not defending his cannonball at all. So the tackle is legal if he hits with less force? The amount of force is the issue?

Im sincerely asking.

If the Warriors player gets straight up (not saying he was faking or anything at all) I don't even think its a penalty.

There is so many hits like that each week that go unpunished. Which I agree, would be good to see side by side and compare.

The problem is, if he doesn't go in with intent to tackle there, and the player dummies, Flegler is now trying to grab after the fact and they probably go straight through him.

I just struggle to see how its a penalty. Let alone a sin bin.

I've gotta say, that was one of the softest big hits I've ever seen.

Regardless, the bloke is 115kg. Change your tackle into a cuddle on the chance that he passes it and he's going to turn you into a speed bump.

Nothing wrong other than he put on a big hit on a guy without a ball which is against the rules. Wasn't a send off either. It didn't help his case that he then went and made a dangerous tackle on Curran.

Sin bin. Not a sin bin worthy offence and barely registers as a ‘big hit’ - he guides him down to the ground even. It’s pedantic to penalise that as late given what teams like Melbourne and Roosters get away with.

Not defending his cannonball at all. So the tackle is legal if he hits with less force? The amount of force is the issue?

Im sincerely asking.
Yes, which I explained to Jed earlier.

If he was just looking to make a regulation tackle he would have been able to pull out of it. Instead he's not looking to make an attempt at tackle, he's looking to put a shot on and the ball has already gone past him.

Then you add in the awkward tackle on Curran and it would have tipped the scales. Sutton did say the sin-bin was for the late hit.

Given your ridiculous posts, I assume you know with absolute certainty that Farnworth didn’t call for it?

No, that’s right, you don’t.

But like I said, I know for certain Niu didn’t look for support. He never does.

Good ball runners look for support, particularly if they know they’re not quick enough. If you don’t think that’s true, then perhaps rugby league is not the sport for you.
🤣 good ball runners are always going to back themselves not stop to try and pass to a support player that is covered .
yeah you're a rugby league genius

I don't necessarily agree that it should have been a penalty. But the thing that make me think he could of pulled out of it is Fleggs was following the ball from the hands, his head turns with the ball so he could have pulled out but like you say chose to go on with it and cost us. These are things he needs to work on especially now the refs will ping him for even breathing to hard.

🤣 good ball runners are always going to back themselves not stop to try and pass to a support player that is covered .
yeah you're a rugby league genius
Who said anything about stopping to look for support?

Seriously, do you have trouble reading or is it understanding what’s written? Maybe it’s both?

Your posts have proven you’re beyond help when it comes to rugby league, but it may not be too late in other areas. Here you go:

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncs30
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • Waynesaurus
  • teampjta
  • RolledOates
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • Stix
  • abashii
  • Skathen
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.