PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2022] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Penrith have struggled for motivation when playing against the Broncos as of late. These "easy" games are sometimes danger matches for the elite teams as the intensity can lack a bit. The same may apply tonight but not enough to affect the result. I don't see the Broncos scoring or even spending 30% of the game down in the Panther end of the field. Penrith will do enough to gain the two points. Penrith 32 Brisbane 0.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I'm also excited to see what Paix can do with a bit more minutes. I want to see him run a bit more. The Panthers bench has been a bit weird this entire season. They've been carrying a hooker and a five-eighth in Kenny and Salmon. I'd be looking at exploiting their middle third as soon as they begin to tire and get a bit sloppy defensively. Paix should be running everytime he sees slow marker defence or a lazy defender in the line.

W

Whatisgoingon

QCup Player
Jul 18, 2019
Panthers game plan. Cleary just bomb,Tesi will drop the ball or at times won’t even go for it so try try try .

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Penrith have struggled for motivation when playing against the Broncos as of late. These "easy" games are sometimes danger matches for the elite teams as the intensity can lack a bit. The same may apply tonight but not enough to affect the result. I don't see the Broncos scoring or even spending 30% of the game down in the Panther end of the field. Penrith will do enough to gain the two points. Penrith 32 Brisbane 0.
Surely Oates or Staggs can get us at least one try.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I have some hope and optimism about this game but really the reality has sunk in that we have no Payne, Pat or Herbie and any positive result may be diminished. I would take a fighting game though really ruffle there feathers.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Does anyone else miss looking forward to every single week?

Reactions: LGH
Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
So you accept that we won't be kept to nil?
I accept nothing. The best defensive side against one of the worst offensive teams of the past few years= will struggle to score. They may score 0, they may score 6 or they may score 20. I'll stick with the former though.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I accept nothing. The best defensive side against one of the worst offensive teams of the past few years= will struggle to score. They may score 0, they may score 6 or they may score 20. I'll stick with the former though.
Haha that's fair. You're probably right in your prediction. I'm just being optimistic and hopeful more than anything. If it wasn't the Broncos playing, I'd say the Panthers would win by a large margin too.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Not expecting a win, but if they can build on last week I'll be happy. Just try hard and try not to collapse completely for as long as possible.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Not expecting a win, but if they can build on last week I'll be happy. Just try hard and try not to collapse completely for as long as possible.
Ball security and discipline are the two areas I'd like to us improve.

Defence seems to be improving on a two step forwards , one back. So it's getting there.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Brisbane haven't beaten Penrith at Penrith since April 2009.

Brisbane 38- Hodges 2, Winterstein 2, Glenn, Hunt tries Parker 7/7 goals.
Penrith 18- Elford, Gordon, Jennings tries Gordon 3/4 goals.

1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Sims
13. Parker

14. McCullough
15. Taylor
16. McGuire
17. Glenn

Coach: Henjak

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
We need to back up last weeks performance and we wont have anything to fear from these grubs.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Brisbane haven't beaten Penrith at Penrith since April 2009.

Brisbane 38- Hodges 2, Winterstein 2, Glenn, Hunt tries Parker 7/7 goals.
Penrith 18- Elford, Gordon, Jennings tries Gordon 3/4 goals.

1. Hunt
2. Winterstein
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Gorrell
10. Clinton
11. Thaiday
12. Sims
13. Parker

14. McCullough
15. Taylor
16. McGuire
17. Glenn

Coach: Henjak
I don’t remember Gorrell at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Culhwch
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • thenry
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  • Wolfie
  • HarryAllan7
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.