PRE-GAME [Round 6, 2022] Panthers vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoeter plays left side ? Brenko plays right side ?

Hoeter is a right sided center mainly. I think i've seen him play once in the left side and i've been banging on about him on here for a good 5 years now. Benko i dont think i've every seen play left side at any of his other clubs. IF Delouise gives a good account of himself there's no reason to think what you suggest couldnt happen.

feeling a win tonight or a shit could be either.

Are You Ready Mma GIF by BRAVE Combat Federation

After his efforts last week Kotoni is safe for now .
I have a soft spot for Brenko . He comes across as a humble guy . I`d like to see him succeed .
Staggs is and always will be safe. He is our 2nd highest paid back and our best attacking option when given early ball.

Staggs is a great player, but he is still not a great centre. Everything good he does comes off the back off his natural ability. If he could learn to run some proper lines, he could really take his game to the next level. Maybe Renouf could teach him a thing or two about playing centre. Imagine Staggs off a Reynolds face ball where he starts on the inside, and as the pass is thrown transitions to the outside without the defender realising.

If he can learn some of the finer aspects of centre play to compliment his natural ability, and if he can consistently maintain a high level of involvement like he did against the Roosters, we have someone that could keep us in games against the top sides.

Another determined performance but I reckon the spine of Penrith has too much class

I actually think we could have fancied our chances if we didn’t lose the players we’ve lost.

Everyone has been raving on about the Panthers and how good they’ve been, but I don’t think they have been as good as their record suggests.

Quite a few of those games they were being challenged by the opposition and if their opposition made some smarter choices, the Panthers wouldn’t be undefeated.

If we had a full strength side and play like we did In the first half against the Roosters, we would have been in with a real chance for an upset.

Unfortunately the players we’ve lost will make that task just a tad bit too difficult.

I actually think we could have fancied our chances if we didn’t lose the players we’ve lost.

Everyone has been raving on about the Panthers and how good they’ve been, but I don’t think they have been as good as their record suggests.

Quite a few of those games they were being challenged by the opposition and if their opposition made some smarter choices, the Panthers wouldn’t be undefeated.

If we had a full strength side and play like we did In the first half against the Roosters, we would have been in with a real chance for an upset.

Unfortunately the players we’ve lost will make that task just a tad bit too difficult.
We’re paying $13 on Sportsbet to win. Worth burning a tenner on.

Yeah I agree. We're without our entire starting front row (including our best player), playing down there, and now also without our second-best player as well. No chance at all, which is a shame because we play the type of footy which can unsettle them. Be surprised if we come within 20 points tbh, unfortunately.

I reckon we'll go better than we think. Remember the first game against Souths.
I agree. I think even going back to last season, we challenged Penrith the full 80 mins even if we didn't come away with the result. This team does seem to aim up against the better teams, and for whatever reason tends to struggle against some of the lesser teams.

The loss of Haas has really made the task harder than it already was, but hopefully we can stay with them for the full 80 mins. If we can somehow come up with a victory, the confidence we would gain would be huge for this group.

I agree. I think even going back to last season, we challenged Penrith the full 80 mins even if we didn't come away with the result. This team does seem to aim up against the better teams, and for whatever reason tends to struggle against some of the lesser teams.

The loss of Haas has really made the task harder than it already was, but hopefully we can stay with them for the full 80 mins. If we can somehow come up with a victory, the confidence we would gain would be huge for this group.
I’m actually not too upset that Haas and Carrigan are out - just a shame it’s against the Panthers. I think Kev and the players have become far too reliant on Haas and Patty. This is a chance for other forwards to step up without feeling like they’re taking runs away from the 2 golden boys. If they do themselves proud we may see the work load shared better once Haas and Patty return. .

Haas and Patty are obviously guns but they are lacking when it comes to playing to points of the field, or finding their front for quick play the balls, they also lack good line speed. If these other guys can show they’re capable of doing these aspects well they may change the way we play moving forward.

Would be very surprised if the Panthers complete at 64%.

Well remember, it is hard to get up every week in the NRL and let's be honest, if you were the Panthers and looked at the Broncos' outs, it could be very easy to be complacent and if that happens, you can be just that little bit off your game.

I’m actually not too upset that Haas and Carrigan are out - just a shame it’s against the Panthers. I think Kev and the players have become far too reliant on Haas and Patty. This is a chance for other forwards to step up without feeling like they’re taking runs away from the 2 golden boys. If they do themselves proud we may see the work load shared better once Haas and Patty return. .
That's a very good point. I expect a strong game from Jensen and Palasia. It's a shame Flegler is unavailable because I think he would benefit the most from not having Haas or Carrigan there.

Well remember, it is hard to get up every week in the NRL and let's be honest, if you were the Panthers and looked at the Broncos' outs, it could be very easy to be complacent and if that happens, you can be just that little bit off your game.
I'd like to think if we are in a similar situation like last week where the top team is even a little bit off their game, we will be able to capitalise on that opportunity a little better and come away with a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Dash
  • lakers133334
  • Robboi_321
  • Jazza
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Astro
  • Battler
  • cento
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Strop
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.