Suncorp Stadium

Saturday
Night
19:35

Raiders

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arthars is a great option to have. He is also a viable option to replace Cobbo as well.

With Tapine now out, that's a large part of their go forward and offloading gone.

If we don't put these guys to the sword, then I question this sides ruthlessness. We haven't been truly ruthless since 2015 and I want to see us get back to that.

Pointsbet are offering $4 for Broncos to beat Raiders. Max stake $10.

I've got 10 on the Broncos.

Pointsbet are offering $4 for Broncos to beat Raiders. Max stake $10.

I've got 10 on the Broncos.

I always get nervous when bookies start throwing up these apparently luxurious odds and as far as I am concerned, any team can beat us. That's just the way the NRL is.

Look at Dolphins last night, it wasn't as big a mismatch in the odds as this game will be but still, they were clear outsiders with the line being 10.5 points in favour of North QLD, they never looked like losing the game.

Confused Freak Out GIF

Woo game day!

Every week it’s the same comments from this forum. “If we don’t put this team to the sword we are pretending” time to grow up. it’s a long season not alot of teams are easy beats on their best day. Winning ugly some weeks is bread and butter shit, surely we’ve learnt after last season not to put so much effort into every single game you’ll be undone by round 20

Every week it’s the same comments from this forum. “If we don’t put this team to the sword we are pretending” time to grow up. it’s a long season not alot of teams are easy beats on their best day. Winning ugly some weeks is bread and butter shit, surely we’ve learnt after last season not to put so much effort into every single game you’ll be undone by round 20

Agreed.

That said, we’re putting 50 on them tonight.

I think it will be closer than we think. Broncs will win by 12

I think we should be expecting to be beating Canberra at home. We are vitrually full strength, they arent.

Broncos by 50

Broncos by 22 and Pat to cross the stripe for his first meat-pie.

I have a feeling in my nads that we are going to put a cricket score on them

Agreed.

That said, we’re putting 50 on them tonight.
I don't like to agree on massive scores but I couldn't agree more, especially if Walsh gets his hands on the ball as much as he can.

We're playing a Raiders side missing several of their top 17, two of those being their best in Wighton and Tapine. Wighton who is a key part of their attack and their main man and Tapine who generates so much of their go forward through the middle and second phase play with his offloading.

Meanwhile we're playing the same 17 we've been using since the Cowboys game and sitting on top the ladder. These are absolutely the games we're expected to win convincingly and should win convincingly.

We're playing a Raiders side missing several of their top 17, two of those being their best in Wighton and Tapine. Wighton who is a key part of their attack and their main man and Tapine who generates so much of their go forward through the middle and second phase play with his offloading.

Meanwhile we're playing the same 17 we've been using since the Cowboys game and sitting on top the ladder. These are absolutely the games we're expected to win convincingly and should win convincingly.
pretty much lol should be foot on the throat from the start

I've got the same PTSD we all do when it comes to Broncos playing teams they're expected to beat... whilst also noting that we do like to squander position and waste attacking opportunities.

I want to see us being ruthless, but more than anything I want us to be ruthless in the grind and in defence.

If we want to throw attack from everywhere on the field and waste opportunities... that's fine... but what I want to see is us just breaking teams that want to get in a grind with us... and I get the feeling that we are doing that at the moment.

We may not be putting 50 on every team, but I feel we have been mostly dominant when it comes to the grind, and it's just the execution in attack that has been failing us at times.

If we're winning the grind every week then we'll win far more games than we lose... and that's a great base to be coming from. That's sustainable repeatable football we can churn out every week.

It's been a windy, sunny day. Should be a dew free track for once.

Should have rested Carrigan, Haas, Walsh, Reynolds for this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • rj9
  • Alec
  • Strop
  • Gaz
  • Maroon4life
  • Big Del
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.