Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Why did Roberts start on the bench, and why was he there for 60 minutes?

I just don’t get the logic. Our best attackint weapon got 25 minutes. If we were worried about his ankle than don’t play him, or play him and have Staggs replace him if he can’t see out the game.

Really seems stupid to me but what do I know.

Scored 22 points against the best defence so far in the NRL, however, it's our 4th straight loss since 2012 and a 1-5 start. Seibold pressured to make changes.

Why did Roberts start on the bench, and why was he there for 60 minutes?

I just don’t get the logic. Our best attackint weapon got 25 minutes. If we were worried about his ankle than don’t play him, or play him and have Staggs replace him if he can’t see out the game.

Really seems stupid to me but what do I know.

Seems like absolutely no one has figured out how to fire the gun that is James Roberts.

I'm in this camp. We had some horror moments, we had some decent moments. Haas was superb, Fifita was great once he came on, and I thought Flegler was strong in his second stint towards the end there. I thought our halves were ok, Nikorima definitely dangerous taking it to the line.

I felt we were desperately unlucky to concede Sutton's try given that I thought he was a half step in front of Hodgson at the kick, and then CNK was definitely offside after Wighton's falcon. Bateman should also have been in the bin after hooking Glenn for sure. That last 10 minutes could have been very different.

Not sure how we'll back up next week. Lodge would be a big in to bolster the middle forwards.
Thank you dude, very positive and informed insight which I wholeheartedly agree with. Sometimes the bounce doesn't go your way but you need to look for positives. We're nearly there. Is it too late? Maybe? But I'll back the squad and coach all the way.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll start getting the bounce of the "ball".

Not sure why Darrius never made a play to keep the ball in instead of pushing it out in the first half. If he caught it he had a chance of staying in. If he was pushed it it would have been the same result, but he just showed no heart or urgency to have a go. From that set they scored and then scored again 90 seconds later.

Nevermind the attack, our defence right now is a dumpster fire. Do we even train defence during the week??

The defence was pretty ordinary at times, but the attack centre field, particularly, was woeful. Macca didn't have a bad game by his standards but if we'd have had even the slightest spark or unpredictability out of dummy half, and a few fifth tackle options by the five eighth that didn't involve an impotent bomb to no chasers we'd have won that game.

Better than last week but gees it’s going to be a long season at this rate - we just don’t know how to win games unless we are 20 in front with 5 to go.

Some takeaways:

- taking Staggs off was mind boggling;
- in general, the use of the bench was very poor;
- why does Milford refuse to chase his own high / long kicks? He hoiks it up, stands there and then retreats to the left wing;
- why do we stand so flat in attack?
- why do we never have any support runners, literally almost always one-out stuff.

The first two points are on Seibolds coaching, the middle I’m only just noticing now, and the last two have been a problem for us for years.

Last edited:
Was Bird shit in defence again? Looking at his stats, he missed more tackles than anyone once again, and BJ scored 2 tries?

Much better performance, some continuity of our starting 17 and I think we should be much better. Some unlucky plays and some shit calls, they should of put old mate in the bin. Also some soft d but I can handle that loss.

Seibs was meant to be attacking whiz. And with the talent we have should be. BUT why are we so one dimensional, 5 hitups and a bomb.. we did not offload in play at all only when we were behind 10 on the scoreboard. Gillett used to be an offensive weapon now looks scared to pass. And the outball back to inside back out to boyd on the inside does not work when u have a slow ass Boyd running who is too afraid to run at full pace. Use Roberts instead. Titans did it against Knights with gordon and scored cause he runs harder than Boyd!!

Better than last week but gees it’s going to be a long season at this rate - we just don’t know how to win games unless we are 20 in front with 5 to go.

Some takeaways:

- taking Staggs off was mind boggling;
- in general, the use of the bench was very poor;
- why does Milford refuse to chase his own kicks? He hoiks it up, stands there and then retreats to the left wing;
- why do we stand so shallow in attack?
- why do we never have any support runners, literally almost one-out stuff.

The first two points are on Seibolds coaching, the middle I’m only just noticing now, and the last two have been a problem for us for years.

This.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.