Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
SPORTS science has progressed to a level even NASA might struggle to comprehend.Teams employ any method they can to get an advantage, so the strange is becoming the norm these days — just look at Manly having a jar of pickles on their bench against the Eels on Thursday night because pickle juice is a great anti-cramping medicine.
We don’t really know what was going on inside the Broncos’ dressing room before they took to the field against the Knights on Saturday evening, all we do know is that is was a very strange sight.
Some players were drinking water or topping up their electrolytes with a cup of Gatorade, and some were getting final adjustments made to their strapping before heading up the tunnel. But some were doing something completely different.
Josh McGuire, Corey Oates and Sam Thaiday were a few of the players who went to a Brisbane trainer with a certain substance in his hand, before they proceeded to put this substance in their mouths. It looked as though they used a couple of fingers to spread it around the inside of their cheeks and throat.
Then, they gagged and dry-retched.
Dressing room cameras captured the bizarre pre-match preparation, baffling many viewers who were left asking the same question on Twitter.

Anyone know what this is all about? I was at the game so didn't see it.
( From foxsports.com.au )

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Really need to lock up Gillett. Had a great game again. Looks dangerous every time he touches the ball!

This. So much this. At last we are seeing his running game! Yes!

As well, he IS our right hand side defence although he has great help from Kahu and now Roberts is looking the goods.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
The 'struggling to find form' Ben Hunt has just over taken Thurston to be the comp leader for try assists.

Milf is now tied at first for tries with Tedesco (thoughbTeddy is yet to play this weekend)

Milf is tied first for line break assists with Thursto and Granville.

Oates is leading line breaks. Despite missing games.

Hunt is second for kick metres behind Norman. Just in front of Thurston.

Milf obviously leading Field goals with 4 in 6 games.

McGuire has ran the most metres of any forward and averages second most per game behind Woods.

Macca is tied first with Smith and Hodgson, for 40/20s.

Last edited:
animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013
I like the chemistry that I see within the team. They are doing exactly as they need to be doing. Smashing inferior sides. The one thing that is clearly evident is their depth. Yes, there have been times they clocked off a bit this year but really, shy of a shitty second half against the Panthers which they lost by only one point, they are the dominant side.

Hunt is finding forms, their back line is kicking in, forwards are great and interchange gives a welcome boast when on the field. If you aren't happy at this point in the year, you got some unrealistic expectations.

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
someone that went under the radar but i thought payed very well last night was jaemes roberts he layed two tries on jordan kahu when he could have been selfish and scored himself and his defence was really good

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I like the chemistry that I see within the team. They are doing exactly as they need to be doing. Smashing inferior sides. The one thing that is clearly evident is their depth. Yes, there have been times they clocked off a bit this year but really, shy of a shitty second half against the Panthers which they lost by only one point, they are the dominant side.

Hunt is finding forms, their back line is kicking in, forwards are great and interchange gives a welcome boast when on the field. If you aren't happy at this point in the year, you got some unrealistic expectations.

That is the key. So good to see it happening. Assuming it continues to evolve which I am sure it will ... best halves combination bar none. Bar none.

And again, I think Macca is really starting to step up as well. With Boyd in such great form, what a terrific spine. Can't really see any weakness in this side although personally, I still have some minor reservations about Reed and Thaiday but I am certainly not complaining.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Some people on FB supporter pages saying it was amino acids. So given their fantastic track record, it was probably nothing.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I was just looking at the Fox Sports player stats and not one player from Newcastle made over 100 meters. Also how did Milford only get credited with 1 try assist? I thought he was laying plenty of them on.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Does anyone know where that Magic Milf banner in the crowd came from? I want to get that design on a shirt soooo much, but when I googled "magic milf" the results didn't have much to do with football.
One of them does... kinda. :spy:

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Does anyone know where that Magic Milf banner in the crowd came from? I want to get that design on a shirt soooo much, but when I googled "magic milf" the results didn't have much to do with football.

In one of the links she makes a football disappear...

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Alihaider
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.