Thaiday unleashes on Kangaroos snub

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
IMG 2662

Don't blame him considering Mal was on the news saying he gave Ferguson a call to let him know he wasn't in the team.

Sammy's pissed. Wonder if that means he'll play better next year!

Seriously, you have to feel for the big fella, he has a huge heart and for this year to be dropped from QLD and to the bench for Broncos and off, to hooker his had a tough year. You will always be a legend in my eye sammy!

Seriously, you have to feel for the big fella, he has a huge heart and for this year to be dropped from QLD and to the bench for Broncos and off, to hooker his had a tough year. You will always be a legend in my eye sammy!
Agree, that sucks, on top of being dropped from deadly choices too.

I can appreciate his sentiment, but going off on social media is a poor way to deal with it. Screams playing the victim.

Thaiday needs to stop crying, he hasn't been worthy of a rep jersey since 2015, at the end of the day if you not even playing origin you should know your not gonna be a kangaroo. He is fat, slow, fatigues way too easily, and does not take his footy serious. Hope he gets dropped from the broncos next year and plays out his days in the ISC.

Thaiday wants respect, but the Australian jersey deserves respect too...which means he shouldn't be there anyway.

Thaiday wants respect, but the Australian jersey deserves respect too...which means he shouldn't be there anyway.
They're not mutually exclusive though.
He definitely deserves the courtesy of a phone call after being a great servant of the green and gold for such a long time.
The Kangaroos also deserve the respect from him, to understand he no longer has a place amongst them.

Thaiday needs to stop crying, he hasn't been worthy of a rep jersey since 2015, at the end of the day if you not even playing origin you should know your not gonna be a kangaroo. He is fat, slow, fatigues way too easily, and does not take his footy serious. Hope he gets dropped from the broncos next year and plays out his days in the ISC.

You missed the point of his rant.

Samthaiday3

Broncos veteran Sam Thaiday unleashes frustration at Kangaroos snub on social media

October 3, 2017

AXED Kangaroos forward Sam Thaiday has slammed Australian coach Mal Meninga and selectors over a lack of respect shown in his Rugby League World Cup omission.

Thaiday, a member of this year’s Anzac Test side and the player behind the Kangaroos’ new ‘Rise’ catchcry, says he wasn’t told of being dumped from the green and gold, and only found out he was overlooked when the 24-man squad was leaked the night before Tuesday’s official
announcement.

Although he didn’t mention Meninga by name, the 32-year Test veteran took to social media to vent his frustration.

“Aussie Aussie Aussie ... No, No, No. So it’s official — the end of my 2017 Rugby League year. Who would’ve thought this year would be the last time I played for both QLD and Australia,” Thaiday wrote on Instagram with a photo of him in Kangaroos colours

“A bit of respect would’ve been nice ... to at least receive a phone call and learn about selection that way instead of through a leaked report from the media on last night’s news.”

Thaiday made his Kangaroos debut in 2006 and, while lying in a London hospital with a broken cheekbone and on a morphine drop before last year’s Four Nationa final, began penning the words to what has now become the Kangaroos’ mantra ‘RISE’ — Respect, Inspire, Selfless and
Excellence.

But that commitment, according to the 32-year-old, didn’t warrant a phone call from selectors to say he was no longer part of Meninga’s plans.

“After dedicating more than 10 years wearing the Maroon and Green and Gold jersey, you’d expect to be treated with a bit more decency and respect,” Thaiday wrote.

“I guess not. Lucky I have one more year left at the Brisbane Broncos unless someone wants to shatter that dream too.

“What a rollercoaster of a year — Peace out 2017.”

Thaiday was also dumped from Queensland’s State of Origin side following the Maroons’ game-one loss to New South Wales, seemingly putting an end to his glittering 29-game interstate career.

Retired former club, state and international teammate Corey Parker consoled Thaiday on Tuesday night.

“Mate it’s a real shame that’s been the case, it would not of (sic) been hard! However nothing surprises me anymore. You were a privilege to play alongside and a great friend!” Parker wrote.

Source: Courier Mail

Face it Sam, you're past it. You can get the shits that Mal didn't go with loyalty all you want but if you give 50% effort to your club, why are you so surprised you were snubbed?

If you actually read what he said he is upset that Mal didn’t have the decency to call and let him know, which is fair enough. He had the decency to let Blake fucking Ferguson know for Christ’s Sake.

It's pretty shit that Raperson gets a courtesy call, but Thaiday gets nothing. Shame on you Mal.

Wait...you have one eye?

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.