MELTDOWN Wayne Bennett - Moves to Souths

Should Wayne Bennett's Contract be Extended?

• Total voters
I think Wayne and the board have been messing with the media in regards to his treatment at the club. I also have a feeling Wayne has been involved in choosing his replacement. 2019 will be his last year coaching anywhere

I really hope Kevvie gets the gig. He deserves a crack and the bloke is Brisbane. He knows our club, he helped make us successful in the beginning. I get a Manly/Des feeling from Kevvie. I think our next coach needs to be a bloke who has been in our system for practically his whole league life (not just coaching). Put Kevvie in with some decent support staff and see what he can do. We need a coach who bleeds for the club and will ignite the passion in the players and I think Kev can do this with us.
Those basing him off origin are kidding themselves. That QLD side did pretty well this year considering the amount of talent that retired. Meninga is the biggest fraud in coaching history and he got shown that by the kiwis last week without his elite spine to dig him out of the hole. One thing is for sure, Kevie wont **** around making the necessary changes to make us successful especially in the halves.

Cleary - Panthers
Maguire - Tigers
Seibold - stays at Souths
JD - Manly
Kevvie Broncos coach for the next 3 yrs.

Isn't the strong word Hasler to Manly??

I think Wayne and the board have been messing with the media in regards to his treatment at the club. I also have a feeling Wayne has been involved in choosing his replacement. 2019 will be his last year coaching anywhere
So will he eat humble pie and accept a mentoring role at the Broncos instead ?

So will he eat humble pie and accept a mentoring role at the Broncos instead ?

I highly doubt it mate. Wayne will be off as quick as a shot as soon as another club waves a big fat, juicy, longer term contract in front of him. You wait and see.

IMG 0372

Saw and article about his Wiki page being hacked then saw this [emoji23]

Maguire’s Rabbit cull has Broncos nervous

The private concern the Broncos have when it comes to prospective coach Michael Maguire is the way he finished up at South Sydney.
He was moved on as players complained privately of burnout. That’s the element of his coaching career that the Broncos are said to be looking at closely and it’s why Anthony Seibold was pinpointed as Brisbane’s No.1 choice to replace Wayne Bennett in 2020.
Souths are well aware of the level of interest the Broncos have in Seibold and have put a considerable offer to him. It’s been with Seibold and his team since Souths bowed out at the end of the year.
It’s my understanding that Maguire is also the second choice at the Wests Tigers, behind Bennett.

Weidler

Yup, it's out of Seibold and JD without a shadow of a doubt. Souths/Shane Richardson want an answer from him by Tuesday at the latest I believe so it will all come to a head over the next few days. JD is in with a real shot at this believe you me and is firming the longer Siebold deliberates/possibly decides to stay at Redfern. He is still even money to come here though.

Last edited:
Yup, it's out of Seibold and JD without a shadow of a doubt. Souths/Shane Richardson want an answer from him by Tuesday at the latest I believe so it will all come to a head over the next few days. JD is in with a real shot at this believe you me and is firming the longer Siebold deliberates/possibly decides to stay at Redfern. He is still even money to come here though.

with Weidler say the Broncos are nervous ... they likely have no nerves in the slightest ....

Club pushing for an answer might just lose them their coach. Hope on Tuesday he tells them to eat it.

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KickHaas
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • lynx000
  • Battler
  • Tmac
  • barker
  • Financeguy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.