2018 NRL Side

Have you watched every game this year?, he maybe not be a lock IMO but hes defiantly a prop. He does make meters and has.
He doesn't make enough yards (watch us come out of our end - like off our line) and he gets run over by other props.

And yes. I watch every single game.

Get rid of Moose? The guy we just signed? lol bruh. Off the pipe.

8. Moose
9. Macca
10. Sims
11. Gillo
12. Glenn
13. Bird

14. Lodge
15. Offa
16. TPJ
17. Savellio\ Utiility

So your cool with the idea that we don't get out of our 40??

What are you on about? McGuire is a prop and a good one at that. He is smaller than other props, so what? He makes over 100m a game, makes lots of tackles and plays big minutes with a lot of post-contact metres. What more do you want from a prop other than being 'bigger' and therefore looking 'cooler'. Remember a guy named Martin Kennedy? He was big and therefore better right?

Where does he fit?

He gets run over by bigger props every week; so he's not a prop. He doesn't make that many metres.

He's not smart enough to be a lock.

So where does he fit?

Small packs don't win comps....

Brisbane should aiming for (in say 2 years time) something like:

Offa
Granville
Lodge
Mago
Gillett
TPJ

Bench
Haas
Savelio
Another big bopper 190 cm and 110 kegs

I've got Bird as a centre

Key is to run HARD!!! Stop the little shuffle steps and "footwork"....running hard bends the line (watch the Roosters and guys like N A-S from Storm)...
You're literally watching a whole other game to what the rest of the world is. Get rid of the Queensland lock... are you fucking kidding me? I'm trying so hard to stay calm.

Where does he fit?

He gets run over by bigger props every week; so he's not a prop. He doesn't make that many metres.

He's not smart enough to be a lock.

So where does he fit?

Small packs don't win comps....

Brisbane should aiming for (in say 2 years time) something like:

Offa
Granville
Lodge
Mago
Gillett
TPJ

Bench
Haas
Savelio
Another big bopper 190 cm and 110 kegs

I've got Bird as a centre

Key is to run HARD!!! Stop the little shuffle steps and "footwork"....running hard bends the line (watch the Roosters and guys like N A-S from Storm)...

Bird wont be a centre.

Mcguire still is our best front row forward, he just cant do it all by himself. I agree though we need some size in our forwards.

Ps mcguire is behind almost every other starting lock for metres....also give me a single game when he has dominated his opposition physically? You know, actually done what a prop needs to do?

Nah didn't think so...ps you might want to start listening to people such as Johns, Gould, Tallis, Sailor, Girdler, Elliott...pretty much every person who is involved in the game has said (at some stage) that he aint a prop..

Ps mcguire is behind almost every other starting lock for metres....also give me a single game when he has dominated his opposition physically? You know, actually done what a prop needs to do?

Nah didn't think so...ps you might want to start listening to people such as Johns, Gould, Tallis, Sailor, Girdler, Elliott...pretty much every person who is involved in the game has said (at some stage) that he aint a prop..

McGuire averaged 15 carries for 144 metres this season, which is really good. Easily more than guys like Blair and Sims who are bigger.

So your going to listen to those **** heads. Tallis will say anything to make broncos look shit house. Gould talks shit all the time. And i doubt they even have said that.

Yeah this.

Eels, sharks and roosters have all had a 15 error game v the cows in the finals. Cows got dragged into the second week of finals by the refs, and had to rely on saints losing to even be in contention.

The cowboys forced those errors by getting through through their sets, getting repeat sets and applying defensive pressure. To say that the sharks, eels and roosters all just had poor games is ludicrous.

The big bopper needed in the forwards is sitting in the backline. Oates can play the same roll that Cordner, Cooper, Kaufusi etc play. Tiring opposition forwards by giving them a big body to tackle. Put him next to Milford ala Cooper and JT.

Get rid of Moose? The guy we just signed? lol bruh. Off the pipe.

8. Moose
9. Macca
10. Sims
11. Gillo
12. Glenn
13. Bird

14. Lodge
15. Offa
16. TPJ
17. Savellio\ Utiility

Not keen if Sims starts with Moose if Bird plays lock. Can't have just Moose as only centre forward who makes meters and yes he does (140 on average this year off 15 hit ups, might be higher average if he wasn't slaughtering the attack late in the count trying to be a lock and had more help from another prop). Sim can add aggression to spark the team later in half. Need a big bopper who can set momentum to partner Moose. TPJ for under 20 mins first up to set the tone if no one else steps up if don't get Lodge or he isn't up for it.

Worry about even having Lodge around. Ok for him to have a second chance and still isn't in same level as Packer (although not too far from) but he better be truly reformed. Rather lose than win with criminals staining the jersey.

Ive just read a piece from the roar and they have said that Darius might hang the boots up , Wouldnt surprise me at all and the rumors going around that he doesnt want to continue next year.

Who replaces him if this is true ?

the people who post articles on the roar generally have no sources (hence no credibility) they just guess and make assumptions most of the time

Not keen if Sims starts with Moose if Bird plays lock. Can't have just Moose as only centre forward who makes meters and yes he does (140 on average this year off 15 hit ups, might be higher average if he wasn't slaughtering the attack late in the count trying to be a lock and had more help from another prop). Sim can add aggression to spark the team later in half. Need a big bopper who can set momentum to partner Moose. TPJ for under 20 mins first up to set the tone if no one else steps up if don't get Lodge or he isn't up for it.

For me, having TPJ as a prop would be a total waste especially in the first 20 minutes. He has too much talent to be corridored into playing in the middle third where he doesn’t have the room he could have if he was playing a roaming lock role.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.