2019 Broncos Line-up

Just watchin the live stream now. I'm not even joking when I say this but seriously, Scott Prince would lead us around the park better than Kodi. The man still has it judging by what I am seeing here. It just makes you remember what a real halfback looks like. I miss those times.

I wish Prince had never left the broncs. Him and Locky would have tore the competition to shreds!!

I wish Prince had never left the broncs. Him and Locky would have tore the competition to shreds!!

You know it! Watching this Legends tournament at the moment and even someone like Todd Carney, he just has that bit of class about him when it comes to game management (not that Todd has any class off the field mind you). My point is, why the **** have we struggled so much to find a proper, classy halfback since the days of Alfie! Apart from Princey who was cruelled by injuries.

Last edited:
You know it! Watching this Legends tournament at the moment and even someone like Todd Carney, he just has that bit of class about him when it comes to game management (not that Todd has any class off the field mind you). My point is, why the **** have we struggled so much to find a proper, classy halfback since the days of Alfie! Apart from Princey who was cruelled by injuries.

Look at Newy post Johns, Parra post Sterlo, storm post Cronk, Titans post Prince, Canberra post Campese.

There is a real shortage of controlling halves in the game.

The only traditional halfbacks left at the moment are Reynolds, Brooks, Pearce, and DCE.

If we are going after Cook then surely we would be looking to offload McCullough as well which would free up even more space. That sounds too good to be true haha. I do think Kodi could be a good dummy half though. He would cause a lot of grief for opposing teams and I love his competitiveness.

I also think Johnson would be a good fit for us over the next 2-3 years while our young halves continue their development.

McCullough signed for four years last year and is one year down. Who is going to pick up the tab?

John Hopoate ran on for manly wearing one surgical glove lol

Enjoy mate. From todays action...old habits die hard apparently lol. Although, Hoppa's efforts did single handedly (fingerdly) win them the game!

Upload 2018 11 17 15 34 21

Last edited:
Fucking hell. The joke with the glove was funny but that's a bit much.

It was pretty warm down there on the Central Coast today by all reports and there were fears of possible heatstroke. Maybe Hoppa was just checkin his opponent's temperature. They say the rectal readings are the most accurate.

One of those infamous moments in rugby league. I’m just glad we can all laugh about it now.

All except for the poor helpless Newcastle bloke on the ground with a big fat forefinger giving him a rectal examination that is lol

Last edited:
I know it is only a Foxsports 'journos' opinion, but **** me, sort of sums it up doesn't it when it comes to our recruitment for a halfback, or lack thereof. Roosters of course came out on top with an 'A'.

BRONCOS: minus F

Forwards: Alex Glenn, Patrick Mago, Andre Savelio, Jaydn Su’a, Payne Haas, Andrew McCullough, Joseph Ofahengaue, Thomas Flegler, David Fifita, George Fai, Matt Gillett, Myles Taueli, Patrick Carrigan, Sam Tagataese

Backs: James Roberts, Jordan Kahu, Sean O’Sullivan, Anthony Milford, Thomas Dearden, Darius Boyd, Kodi Nikorima, Troy Dargan, Gehamat Shibasaki, Kotoni Staggs, Jack Bird, Jamayne Isaako

Incoming: Sean O’Sullivan

Best recruit: By process of elimination... Sean O’Sullivan.

The Broncos have spots to fill in their 30-man roster and may be waiting patiently for Corey Oates and Tevita Pangai Junior to re-sign. O’Sullivan played his one and only NRL game last season, and is a replacement option for Anthony Milford or Kodi Nikorima.

What do they need?: A half with more experience than the 20-year-old O’Sullivan. With one of the biggest and most destructive forward packs in the comp, and plenty of exciting backs, the big weakness last season was their playmaking.

How Milford and Nikorima develop between now and round one remains to be seen, but a proven performer in the six or seven would’ve done them the world of good.

Last edited:
BRONCOS back Jordan Kahu is weighing up a shock defection to rugby union as Brisbane’s salary cap squeeze threatens to push another player out of Red Hill.

The Broncos have already released Test star Josh McGuire to North Queensland and are willing to part ways with former Kiwi representative Alex Glenn if he can secure a deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

Kahu could be the next Broncos player to exit as doubts hover over his future at the club. Kahu, 27, is contracted to the Broncos until the end of next season, but Brisbane will not stand in his way if he can secure a deal elsewhere.

Kahu was shopped to the Titans, however the Gold Coast is unlikely to make a play for him after snaring Manly centre Brian Kelly to replace Konrad Hurrell. The New Zealand-born and raised Kahu could end up at another NRL franchise, possibly the Warriors, but a rugby union code switch has emerged as a genuine option.

While the early years of his NRL career were plagued by knee injuries, he strung together three solid seasons (2015-17) before being limited to 15 games this year following a broken jaw. Kahu cut his teeth as a fullback in rugby and has the ability to kick goals, making him an ideal candidate to switch codes.

However he does have unfinished business in the NRL. A keen blogger, Kahu has written about his burning desire to play 100 games for the Broncos after overcoming so many setbacks early in his career. He is sitting on 95 NRL games heading into the final season of his current contract with the Broncos.

Kahu grew up playing the 15-man code and told The Courier-Mail last year he had plans to return to the game. “I will go back to union one day,” Kahu said. “Growing up as a union boy, it’s in my blood and I don’t think I’d ever be satisfied if I didn’t really go back and at least try. “I love rugby, I watch it most weekends. Every big game I watch and a lot of boys I grew up with are playing at a high level so I enjoy supporting them as well. “I don’t have to play it on a professional level. Even if it’s when I’m finished with league, I just want to go back and have a run around and make sure I can still play rugby.”

If Kahu wants to have a crack at professional rugby this may be his last chance.

Last edited:
lol funny that all these quotes from Jordy are from last year. Australian sports journalism is a shit show.

I thought I'd heard something very similar from Jordy before! Another fuckin rehashed story. Seriously, you could give a chimpanzee a typewriter and they could come up with better news articles than these newslimited/fairfax muppets!

I thought I'd heard something very similar from Jordy before! Another fuckin rehashed story. Seriously, you could give a chimpanzee a typewriter and they could come up with better news articles than these newslimited/fairfax muppets!

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times

Look at Newy post Johns, Parra post Sterlo, storm post Cronk, Titans post Prince, Canberra post Campese.

There is a real shortage of controlling halves in the game.

The only traditional halfbacks left at the moment are Reynolds, Brooks, Pearce, and DCE.

What year did Rugby League change from 5m rule, to the 10m rule?

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.