2023 State of Origin Discussion

Yup, totally. One fatal flaw in QLD’s squad is Turncoat. Bloke has nothing to offer apart from a leap jump. He will be targeted relentlessly. Hope his center, back rower & half comes to his rescue every time.
Coates made the squad? Hasn't he been kind of ordinary in a team so good they makes ordinary players look great?

WIll be interesting to see how Teddy goes in game 2, he's looked very Boyd like the last couple of games he has played. And that' Boyd from his last couple of years, not the earlier ones.

Campbell Graham might be a little cranky tbh. Didn't NSW eject him from camp one because he couldn't do contact work from day one? Meanwhile Trell, Murray and I think Martin can't do contact training for the next few days?
should be in for turbo going on form,turbo been trash against any quality opposition.

WIll be interesting to see how Teddy goes in game 2, he's looked very Boyd like the last couple of games he has played. And that' Boyd from his last couple of years, not the earlier ones.

If recent history is anything to go by, he'll come out and destroy QLD.

I wouldn't rule it out, either. He's been out of form this year but he's shown throughout his career that he can turn it on very quickly and when he does, he's still one of the best in the game.

I wouldn't rule it out, either. He's been out of form this year but he's shown throughout his career that he can turn it on very quickly and when he does, he's still one of the best in the game.
One thing I did notice during interviews this week... (might've been Brandy??)... was a bit of a throw away line that the talk about combination between Luai and Moses might be a bit over the top, because Moses plays on the right, so they wont be linking all that much.

That could suggest NSW may go with the stock standard splitting of halves, which isnt something that Penrith do.

In the Penrith system Edwards is parked on the right and Luai on the left, which allows Yeo and Cleary to be the ones that float either side of the field.

Under the stock splitting setup the fullback is the one that floats either side on the sweep plays. I think Teddy will be more comfortable in that kind of setup, but Luai isnt really used to his fullback sweeping around the back (that's his job)... and Yeo is a bit more than a stock link man in the middle.

So it could be interesting to see how they gel together as a spine

Yep wouldn't be surprised. But also that position is very unforgiving once your pace and mobility start declining.

One thing I did notice during interviews this week... (might've been Brandy??)... was a bit of a throw away line that the talk about combination between Luai and Moses might be a bit over the top, because Moses plays on the right, so they wont be linking all that much.

That could suggest NSW may go with the stock standard splitting of halves, which isnt something that Penrith do.

In the Penrith system Edwards is parked on the right and Luai on the left, which allows Yeo and Cleary to be the ones that float either side of the field.

Under the stock splitting setup the fullback is the one that floats either side on the sweep plays. I think Teddy will be more comfortable in that kind of setup, but Luai isnt really used to his fullback sweeping around the back (that's his job)... and Yeo is a bit more than a stock link man in the middle.

So it could be interesting to see how they gel together as a spine

I just found it interesting because they've gone from hyping up the Cleary/Luai combination to essentially saying it is a not important... lol

I understand now why Souths medicos were in camp with him. It's a pity he never made it to Lang park though. Would have liked to see him eat some crow when we sew the series up.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Well thank **** I didn't put my multi in today.

I was going to put him down for ATS.

We just beat them by chasing down a lead with only 12 men on the field - hard to get much sweeter than that…
oh I agree on that, it's just to ice out the series, we haven't been the best on the 2nd games.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • Maroon4life
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Shane Tronc
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • thenry
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.