Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd, I thought Dane would've wanted to come home, but he was straight up offered a free pass by Nathan Brown to leave the club and he said no.

Gagai turned back on Broncos to remain faithful to Newcastle | Sporting News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | MLB | NASCAR | UFC | WWE | Sporting News

Newcastle star Dane Gagai has delivered the ultimate show of faith to the Knights, denying offers to re-join Brisbane next year and remain at the struggling club.

The Queensland winger was given a free pass by coach Nathan Brown at the end of the season to switch clubs, yet Gagai threw his support behind the direction the club is heading in and opted to remain in Newcastle.

The Broncos desperately attempted to convince Gagai to return to Red Hill after the retirement of centre Jack Reed, and coach Nathan Brown says his only Origin player didn't even consider it.

''I spoke to Gags and gave him the chance to go,'' Brown told The Daily Telegraph.

''He could have gone back to the Broncos and been up there next season in a side challenging for the premiership.

''But he didn't even entertain it.

''He loves living here in Newcastle, his family is here and he wants to be here.

''Above all, he believes in all the young kids that are coming through.''

Gagai is contracted until the end of next season and is yet to discuss his future plans as he waits until the salary cap increases in 2018.

Yeah he probably heard the rumor that Newcastle was close to Brisbane and decided he'd be ok there.

Guess he likes finishing the season a month early every year

That's odd, I thought Dane would've wanted to come home, but he was straight up offered a free pass by Nathan Brown to leave the club and he said no.

Gagai turned back on Broncos to remain faithful to Newcastle | Sporting News - NFL | NCAA | NBA | MLB | NASCAR | UFC | WWE | Sporting News

Gagai said a while ago that he wanted to repay the faith Newcastle showed in him after he was sacked by the Broncos and other clubs didn't even want to entertain the idea of signing him.

Gagai said a while ago that he wanted to repay the faith Newcastle showed in him after he was sacked by the Broncos and other clubs didn't even want to entertain the idea of signing him.

If that's the case, bloody good on him.

Newcastle can probably pay him 6 or 7 hundred k a year.

Would've been nice to have him in the centres with roberts

I'm glad we didn't sign him, we would have to pay him double what he's worth right now. The money should be spent on Napa.

Gagai is the one of the main reasons I hate Griffin. Dude sacked for showing late to training. Mustve had some internal issues with him and used it as an excuse to get rid off him

Gagai is the one of the main reasons I hate Griffin. Dude sacked for showing late to training. Mustve had some internal issues with him and used it as an excuse to get rid off him
There are many reasons that I dislike Griffin, your reason being one of them but certainly not the main one. It has actually worked out pretty good for Gagai. Was immediately slotted into the Newc lineup, is on a very healthy income and is now an Origin player. He has Hook to thank for that.

It was way more than showing up late for training once or twice... the firing was totally justified. And you're talking to one of Gagai's fan boys at the time!

I supported hook when he made the decision and support him still to this day on that call. He made the right call with him. Showing up late to training was only one of the issues the club had with him and he had received plenty of chances. An example had to be set and you would be mistaken if you would think Bennett wouldn't have done the same thing if it happened when he was at the club.

I supported hook when he made the decision and support him still to this day on that call. He made the right call with him. Showing up late to training was only one of the issues the club had with him and he had received plenty of chances. An example had to be set and you would be mistaken if you would think Bennett wouldn't have done the same thing if it happened when he was at the club.
Yeah. I realize that. I guess I just really hate Hook so much that Ill find anything to pin on him

Can't help but think he's doing a damn good job now at penrith. The way they're playing now.. wow. Better fit for him i guess

Can't help but think he's doing a damn good job now at penrith. The way they're playing now.. wow. Better fit for him i guess

The cynical will pin the credit straight on Gould's blouse.

Hook was never as bad as some people made him out to be. The problem was, this club demands greatness and Hook wasn't quite of that calibre.

What will be interesting next season will be seeing how Hook goes when he has his full contingent. Usually it's a benefit, but when you've got as much depth as Penrith, you can be tricked into picking the wrong 17.

Developing a halves combination between Martin/Cleary and finding room for Cartwright and Peachey will prove his biggest obstacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Astro
  • Jedhead
  • marw
  • Bish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncos4life
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • teampjta
  • Old Mate
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Skathen
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Battler
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • TonyTheJugoslav
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.