Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
800k with the dragons willing to cover some is a goddamn bargain!

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Unfortunate timing with this one.. Hunt is 33 in 28 year old's body given his lack of wear & tear ..

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It would be amazing to get him. You could almost immediately even pair him with Mozer. Ben plays 50-60 mins and Mozer 20-30. Given we lost Herbie and Flegs, even with upgrades, surely there’s money there. You’d even be happy to not re-sign Capewell for it and that would likely free up money.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
What coin are Billy and Paix on? Damn shame they both just re-signed. I'd love Benny back as a #9. He can win that premiership he dro......lost in 2015. Love the bloke.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hunt is available 100%. Just saying

any word on if we are interested?

there was speculation the Bulldogs are still interested in Hunt to play halfback

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel, Read, Meyn report Ikin is on the verge of leaving the Broncos for the QRL job. Ikin denied it a few months ago, but they claim he's had a change of heart and has reached the final four candidates with interviews tomorrow. He has declined to comment either way. Hard to imagine him not being the favourite if he has thrown his hat into the ring.

QRL chairman Bruce Hatcher:

“We hope to have a CEO very soon. We will interview the four candidates and then it has to be ratified by the full board. I would expect that to happen in the next week that we will know where we are at with our new CEO.”​
“We are looking for a football person. Whoever gets the job will have to notify us of their notice period. The contingency plan was no rush, no panic. We have Rob Moore as interim CEO and he is a very safe pair of hands. He has done the job before and he is available until the end of August, so the successful candidate would have to give between a month and three months’ notice."​
“Our role in the game is from the grassroots to sub-elite, which is the Hostplus Cup, and the contribution those teams make to the NRL is significant. We have to do our job in the business of rugby league so there’s no doubt we are after some good football leadership from our new CEO.”​

Ex-QRL boss Rohan Sawyer in Feb:

“Ben would do a wonderful job. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with Ben when he was a director. He is a super intelligent guy who not only understands the game of rugby league but understands business. If I was running the search, he is someone I would have on my list and want to have a talk to because he is one of the better administrators out there that I have worked with.”​

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Writings been on the wall all year, I don’t think the job is what he thought it would be. I don’t think he’s going to leave too much of hole given scanlan has reportedly been doing much of the roster side of the job anyway.

The article credits Ikin with capewell signing, yet from what I remember capewell had been announced a few weeks prior to Ikin announcing he was joining?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Not if it puts Mozer offside. Yes I'm cool with grabbing Hunt to play 9 but only if everyone is on the same page with it
If you ended up with Hunt at hooker you could just run it the same way Qld origin do.

Bhunt first 20-30mins, Mozer plays out the game, Bhunt comes back on later as a ball playing lock through the middle.

Bhunt probably not keen on playing 80mins at 9 week in week out either

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
from memory, The Capewell signing was announced on the day Ikin started. so the actually signing happened before Ikin started.
Yeah, it’s hard to believe discussions wouldn’t have started well before we knew anything of Ikin joining.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
from memory, The Capewell signing was announced on the day Ikin started. so the actually signing happened before Ikin started.
When asked on the NRL360 (before he officially started with us) if he could sign any player he said "Kurt Capewell" with zero hesitation. He was definitely in serious conversation with him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
When asked on the NRL360 (before he officially started with us) if he could sign any player he said "Kurt Capewell" with zero hesitation. He was definitely in serious conversation with him.

or he just had some info we were about to land Capewell. or even he mentioned during his negotiations for the role that we should go after Capes.

Unless Ikin actually started two weeks earlier than announced, I'd be surprised if he much at all to do with the actual signing.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
But from what I remember we had been in talks with capewell since that offseason, because he apparently wanted too much money.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
You’d have to think Ben Ikin is $1.15 to get this QRL role but if he doesn’t, is his position at the broncos somewhat untenable? He quite obviously doesn’t want to be there any longer

Active Now

• Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.