Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

these are the players mentioned in Badel's article.

the club has upgraded Pat Carrigan, Selwyn Cobbo, Jesse Arthars, Kobe Hetherington, Deine Mariner, Cory Paix, Corey Jensen and Tristan Sailor. plus signed Fletcher Baker

he also said:

"Madden is the 13th player to either re-sign or join the Broncos in the past 12 months"
If smoothy is happy to stay for less than paix and we can find a club willing to take paix's contract on, I think we should jump at the chance. He hasn't worked out. Look at b Walters growth in 1 year vs paixs growth in about 3 years. He's good, just nowhere near consistent enough and his defence and fitness still aren't great.

The TL;DR is that the CM spoke to Karmichael Hunt and he put over Blake Mozer, Ben Te Kura and Israel Leota.

The article also mentioned Coby Black, Cameron Bukowski & Jett Bryce.

Leota is the fastest Bronco over 40m and Coby Black is on a development deal next year.

There was talk that Jett Bryce has attracted the interest of other clubs and could be on the outer, so I wonder if this confirms his commitment?

I have growing concerns about Blake Mozer. I know he's still very young.......but, I doesn't appear to me that he's been putting in any real stand out performances.

I only have a casual eye on the QCup......so I'm probably wrong

but.......

If smoothy is happy to stay for less than paix and we can find a club willing to take paix's contract on, I think we should jump at the chance. He hasn't worked out. Look at b Walters growth in 1 year vs paixs growth in about 3 years. He's good, just nowhere near consistent enough and his defence and fitness still aren't great.
I agree....Paix should be given the flick.

I have growing concerns about Blake Mozer. I know he's still very young.......but, I doesn't appear to me that he's been putting in any real stand out performances.

but.......
The kid is what, 18 or 19? From all reports he's not so much a flashy player, he's intelligent and plays more as a conductor, picking teams apart. Players like that would, I expect, take more time to adjust to different grades than say a Walsh who just has ridiculous physical talent. If he's holding his spot, he's doing okay, and he should improve as time goes on hopefully. He's got plenty of time.

but.......
Piakura wasn't lighting the world on fire in Q-Cup either. Now look at him....

Some player play at the standard they are playing in.

Unless he blows everyone away in the trials i dont think Mariner is starting unless its wing. He's a predominantly right sided center. Why would we play him left side?

You keep saying he`s a right centre .
He does alright on the left [ where he debuted at centre ] and the last cpl of games the left side doesn`t seem to hinder him .

Yes. Totally agree. Development in is not exactly linear for all players. Also some players kill at that level but it doesn't translate at the higher level. I think it's worth persisting with whatever plan they have and giving him some first grade exposure in accordance with it.

You keep saying he`s a right centre .
He does alright on the left [ where he debuted at centre ] and the last cpl of games the left side doesn`t seem to hinder him .

Wing isnt center. He wasnt great at left center on his debut.

Wing isnt center. He wasnt great at left center on his debut.
Mariner looks like he has the goods to get there but there is developing to do in first grade. Let's see how he's going this time next year and then I think his best spot will become clearer

Mariner looks like he has the goods to get there but there is developing to do in first grade. Let's see how he's going this time next year and then I think his best spot will become clearer

I think Wing is his way into first grade for now. We dont need to rush him anyway.

If that was a hard fast rule Cobbo would be on the left .
He is a left side left arm carry . When gets to use his right arm fend he looks a different player .
Wasn`t great on debut ? I thought it was a solid debut . Didn`t look out of place .

I think he will be a winger next season . Still a bit light for centre .

If that was a hard fast rule Cobbo would be on the left .
He is a left side left arm carry . When gets to use his right arm fend he looks a different player .
Wasn`t great on debut ? I thought it was a solid debut . Didn`t look out of place .

I think he will be a winger next season . Still a bit light for centre .

Regardless, his footy pretty much has been as a right sided player. He didnt gain his reputation as an up and coming left side player, he did it as a predominantly right side player. Its where he is most comfortable. And like i said, wing is very, very different to playing in the centers.

Maybe you should go back and watch his debut in that embarrasing defeat to the Tigers at Suncorp, and then his follow up against the Rorters. Understandably, he got found out quite a bit because he was nowhere near ready. Not going to be too harsh because he was a young player in a team that didnt turn up. Not every player hits the ground running in their first few games.

If Haas doesn’t re-sign looking through NRL contracts it looks like Horsborough has a mutual option for 25. I think the last ditch efforts and extra things Horsborough does would be another viable option IF Haas moves on.

Also good to have at least one redhead in the squad - gives variety to the forward pack 😜

The kid is what, 18 or 19? From all reports he's not so much a flashy player, he's intelligent and plays more as a conductor, picking teams apart. Players like that would, I expect, take more time to adjust to different grades than say a Walsh who just has ridiculous physical talent. If he's holding his spot, he's doing okay, and he should improve as time goes on hopefully. He's got plenty of time.

I expected these responses.......and I can't argue, because you're right.

Dunno
its just that the real good ones, get spotted pretty early I guess.
...more than getting spotted
they demand selection with their form and an obvious high ceiling.

It takes time for people to develop, into whatever field it is they are trying to master.

I guarantee if you go back and watch the early days of Cameron Smith you wouldn't have thought you were watching one of the all time greats.

but.......

I don't think the current rotation with Paix is helping. Mozer's stretch from Bears, Hunters and Toowoomba was very good- Minutes and attack was up and then Paix gets dropped and they have played three games together and Souths are clunky and disjointed.

Last game against Easts was after two weeks off so I am waiting until tomorrow to see if it improves but I don't think it's ideal that Mozer was finding form and minutes and now gets it cut in half.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.