Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Walsh is just as important to this team as Reyno. If not more. There, I said it.

His presence at the back creates space for everyone else, his speed burns defenders and creates linebreaks, and his ball playing is fucking mint for a 20yo. We look infinitely more dangerous when he is on the park.

Walsh is the key we were missing during our run last year. Best fullback we've had since Lockyer and could be one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Agreed. Actually, I think our 1, 6 and 7 are just so lethal because of how well they compliment each other.

Reynolds is the conductor that has the team humming along to some very potent set plays BUT also has the ability to sum up a defensive line.

Meanwhile, both Walsh and Mam are just free to be wherever they want when they want. You have Walsh make a break / half break and even if the opposition catch him, Mam is right there in support. If you have Mam make a break / half break and stop him, no probs Walsh will hit you on the reload. Factor in then weapons absolutely everywhere on the park that these guys are adept at using, no wonder we are so hard to defend against.

Walsh is just as important to this team as Reyno. If not more. There, I said it.

His presence at the back creates space for everyone else, his speed burns defenders and creates linebreaks, and his ball playing is fucking mint for a 20yo. We look infinitely more dangerous when he is on the park.

Walsh is the key we were missing during our run last year. Best fullback we've had since Lockyer and could be one of the greatest to ever play the game.
The scary thing about Walsh is that his biggest asset is his lightning speed but he is just scratching the surface of his technical abilities. The kid already has freaky passing and kicking abilities. 3 or 4 seasons developing those and he really could have one the better passing and kicking games in the comp.

His 40/20 last week was so effortless at first I thought it was just a 20 odd metre touch finder

The scary thing about Walsh is that his biggest asset is his lightning speed but he is just scratching the surface of his technical abilities. The kid already has freaky passing and kicking abilities. 3 or 4 seasons developing those and he really could have one the better passing and kicking games in the comp.

His 40/20 last week was so effortless at first I thought it was just a 20 odd metre touch finder
Left footers, somehow they just seem to hit them better.

I think the Briers mandate of support play is under-rated here. Walsh steaming out the back is scary enough for the opposition, but those on the inside are up near the line and those out the back are swinging like a pendulum, the defence just has to blink and make the wrong call and they're gone, every runner is an option.

Absolutely, I have no worries at all of loosing Walsh and Mam for the future just seem like 2 guys that just love being here.
Walshy has seen the grass isn't greener elsewhere and missed the place when he left.
Exactly. And you'd hope he's in everyone elses ear to let them know exactly this.

Agreed. Actually, I think our 1, 6 and 7 are just so lethal because of how well they compliment each other.

Reynolds is the conductor that has the team humming along to some very potent set plays BUT also has the ability to sum up a defensive line.

Meanwhile, both Walsh and Mam are just free to be wherever they want when they want. You have Walsh make a break / half break and even if the opposition catch him, Mam is right there in support. If you have Mam make a break / half break and stop him, no probs Walsh will hit you on the reload. Factor in then weapons absolutely everywhere on the park that these guys are adept at using, no wonder we are so hard to defend against.
Agreed @Sproj
Now, let me fix it for you.
All of the above doesn’t happen if we don’t have the greatest Walters to ever pull on a Broncos jersey play at 9.

It's scary how much ability Walsh has in every aspect of his game, he is still raw but he has at this moment for his age atleast he is not only the best fullback creative ability but also has the best halves skills of anyone near his age by a country mile, he is take nostalgia away peak Locky Fullback ability who to me has been the pinnacle fullback with halves skills the game has ever seen, but Walsh's running game is level with the best.

I said in another thread this kid could be the the Goat of the game and I'm serious.

The game has never seen this creative ability before from a full back with no Halves background, especially at his age, you can't compare him to slater because he didn't have this creation ability till he was basically close to or in his 30s.

The best comparison I can make is Walsh is a fusion between Lockyer and Peak RTS as a fullback(peak creation with peak runner as a fullback), he is the next level at age 21, it's scary what level he can be.

I think the Briers mandate of support play is under-rated here. Walsh steaming out the back is scary enough for the opposition, but those on the inside are up near the line and those out the back are swinging like a pendulum, the defence just has to blink and make the wrong call and they're gone, every runner is an option.
100% that has been such a change this year. Imagine being a defender and Walsh or someone makes a break and you are trying to decide which way to go but then guys like Mam and Herbie are either side with Reyno lurking. ****. That.

100% that has been such a change this year. Imagine being a defender and Walsh or someone makes a break and you are trying to decide which way to go but then guys like Mam and Herbie are either side with Reyno lurking. ****. That.
Absolutely, I've been vocal on here in years gone by about our lack of support play and reminiscing about the good old days where we always had players in motion and choices in support, players pouring through every time we made a line break etc...

Well, we're fucking back, baby. And it's glorious. Massive props to our strength and conditioning team as well, we look fit as **** compared to most of the other teams in the comp. It's impossible to maintain defence against an attacking juggernaut like what we have become. Best attack in the comp by a fair margin and second best defence.

Also keeping in mind our draw this year is easily the hardest of the comp based on last year's top 8 (which realistically is not too different to this year either). That's important to remember too when we consider where we're at on the table and what our stats are. The lads are absolutely dominating this year, it's all clicked and they know what they can do now. Premiership window is here, get the **** in!!

This cannot happen

Screenshot 20230819 200347

Lol... hasn't it already been 'reported' that Oates turned down his PO to take a pay cut??

Are they now switching over to Oates now wanting more money than his PO... so he'll head off to Newy and restart his media career

Brent Read falling down the rabbit hole and becoming just another click bait merchant like Badel is truly a sad thing

Lol... hasn't it already been 'reported' that Oates turned down his PO to take a pay cut??

Are they now switching over to Oates now wanting more money than his PO... so he'll head off to Newy and restart his media career
Yeah I've seen mixed articles one says one thing then the others completely different.
I really can't see Oates leaving Queensland and I don't think the contract difference between us and Newcastle or any Sydney team would justify packing up his young family and leaving his average living behind.

Oates must stay. Get it done DD. We're not talking huge $$ here, surely we can find enough to keep him.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncorob
  • Pablo
  • NSW stables
  • BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.