Maybe it's time for a potted timeline.

Broncos tell him he's overstayed his welcome:

Enter SBW, the whiteant in the wood pile:

I never liked those grapes anyway:

You're missing some of the timeline

2020 just a phone call to his good mate uncle Nick prior to needing a haircut

2020 suspension for a haircut with some bikies outside the bubble

2024 sounds like 2021 repeating

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but doesn't change the fact that on offloadless TPJ is not worth anything.
If signed, the club would want to work on his offloads, not remove them completely.

He`s like Humpty Dumpty bro .
All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn`t .

Then he`s only good for a 10 to 15 minute stint .You use up several interchanges to get him on then off every 10 to 15 minutes .
If the team he`s on don`t have the ball for that 15 minutes he`s a liability in defence .

I wouldnt touch Pangai with a ten foot pole tbh. He's a liability on and off the field. His bad far outweighs his upsides.
I concur 100%. Kev has done wonders thus far and it’s just that multiple premierships that the club needs to win & it will start from this year.

Be it eradicating toxic culture/ getting the folks to trust him, play as a team & etc, Kev has done some great things along the way. I truly believe in him but if he’s seriously contemplating in getting TPJ back, I’m afraid that he’s opening the door for all the good things to fall apart.

In my view, there are multiple options at Kevs disposal that can do a far better job than TPJ with no shenanigans.

I truly hope this all noise and nothing material.

Who is writing us off? The write ups I've read have us being right up there again but with understandable and accurate questions about how will the replacements go. This seems pretty pragmatic to me.
Everyone has us in top 4 but they don’t see us winning the premiership. People are saying the loss of Capewell, flegler and Herbie will make us worse than last year is that not correct? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Everyone has us in top 4 but they don’t see us winning the premiership. People are saying the loss of Capewell, flegler and Herbie will make us worse than last year is that not correct? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I mean, I’ve seen some articles with gossip columnists calling us to win it and I’ve seen others that are understandably saying Penrith, which let’s be honest, is totally fair enough. Penrith have lost less than we have and us losing three internationals plus an ex-origin player should make us weaker at least in the short term shouldn’t it?

He`s like Humpty Dumpty bro .
All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn`t .

Then he`s only good for a 10 to 15 minute stint .You use up several interchanges to get him on then off every 10 to 15 minutes .
If the team he`s on don`t have the ball for that 15 minutes he`s a liability in defence .
Indeed you may be spot on with his fitness, I'll make no argument there.

However, that wasn't what we were talking about, the topic of discussion was his offloads......

I mean, I’ve seen some articles with gossip columnists calling us to win it and I’ve seen others that are understandably saying Penrith, which let’s be honest, is totally fair enough. Penrith have lost less than we have and us losing three internationals plus an ex-origin player should make us weaker at least in the short term shouldn’t it?
This is the same pattern as every other year: commentators assemble last year's 8, throw in a smokey based on something fairly small that changed (in their eyes), shake the box and pull out 8 sticks. The most obvious tips for the premiership are the two teams that fought it off in the last season.

Every year we see these tips, and every year they're worth no more than looking at the last season's ladder. Anyone who assumes we'll go one better this season, simply because we ALMOST did it last year doesn't have history on their side. It's always a punt. I crunched these numbers a while back:

Since the end of Super League (1998), only two clubs have been runners-up in the Grand Final and gone on to win the following year:
Melbourne: 2006-2007*, 2008-2009*, 2016-2017 (*disqualified)
Penrith: 2020-2021
Meanwhile only one other team has made the grand final after losing it:
Roosters: 2003-2004
Are we the next Melbourne/Penrith? We used to be, and there's no reason to think we can't. Except this time last year most of us were worried we mightn't even make the eight.

Are we the next Melbourne/Penrith? We used to be, and there's no reason to think we can't. Except this time last year most of us were worried we mightn't even make the eight.

Pretty sure this time last year the vast majority of us here were saying anything less than a Top 8 would be a total failure, and we should be in the hunt for Top 4?

Pretty sure this time last year the vast majority of us here were saying anything less than a Top 8 would be a total failure, and we should be in the hunt for Top 4?
Yes, Kevvie was "on notice" after the way the last season ended.

I think some of our loses are going to add a different dimension to how we play, it could make us a far more dangerous side.
Capewell out and Piakura in full time, Piakura is a far more dangerous ball runner. Capewell did those 1% plays but we all seen how Riki transformed in 23. If Piakura can follow Riki in what he does I don't think we'll miss Kurt too much.
Loosing Herbie is a big one in the workrate department but if Oates comes back in that's those numbers covered. By all reports Cobbo will be in that centre spot so that opens the attack on that side up abit more. Herbie you knew he'd come back in field so really it's easier to cover, Cobbos going to try beat you on the outside with speed and a fend so the opposition will need to slide to cover him, that could give Mam more space/gaps in the defence.

Please allow me to sum up Meyn/Badel's click bait:

if we're talking solely about TPJ's footy ability, then he is definitely worth throwing a lifeline to.

unfortunately, we have tor consider more than just his footy ability, we need to consider the effect he has on the rest of the squad (we got rid of him last time for a reason).

I personally haven't seen anything to suggest he won't be toxic on the dressing room again, so it is a hard NO for me.

although, i'm not sold this is anything more than a slow news day and Badel / Meyn click bait. I've seen how they operate. If they had anything solid, i doubt they would have resorted to "informal talks" with an unnamed Broncos staff member.

if Oates comes back in that's those numbers covered.

Herbie would run on the 2nd or 3rd play .
If you kick high to Oates initially , that limits his metres . Then Selwyn has to do Herbies job .

Please allow me to sum up Meyn/Badel's click bait:

if we're talking solely about TPJ's footy ability, then he is definitely worth throwing a lifeline to.

unfortunately, we have tor consider more than just his footy ability, we need to consider the effect he has on the rest of the squad (we got rid of him last time for a reason).

I personally haven't seen anything to suggest he won't be toxic on the dressing room again, so it is a hard NO for me.

although, i'm not sold this is anything more than a slow news day and Badel / Meyn click bait. I've seen how they operate. If they had anything solid, i doubt they would have resorted to "informal talks" with an unnamed Broncos staff member.

There are talks

There are talks

Christopher Eccleston Surprise GIF by Doctor Who

Active Now

• maddo
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • AscotinOz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Volvo Driver
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.