Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

I actually thought is was 750k ... but let's split the difference and go with Zero Tackle's 700k a year. I'd be happy if we keep him for that. it would be the equivalent of 500k under the old cap (when he signed his last contract)
I remember it being 750k also.

If people remember Staggs at the time was pretty much signed on halves money as they planning to play him at 6, which then got abandoned.

If people remember Staggs at the time was pretty much signed on halves money as they planning to play him at 6, which then got abandoned.
There is no way he’s getting an upgrade and if he wants a raise it won’t be here.

We should be following Penrith/Storm model, and not be spending huge dollars on outside backs,. There are so many freak athletes coming through the system to take up spots in the outside backs. Spend our money on that core of players to build the club, Walsh, Maam, Carrigan, Haas and a few others who could potentially join that in Willison/Mozer.

We can't afford to have Staggs and Cobbo, and I'd be looking to let them both go if they won't take a solid pay cut, as it's money best spent elsewhere.

We can afford every player if a) we want to, and b) they accept whatever deal we can offer to stay at the club.

Both parties have to compromise a little each way if they genuinely want the team to be successful

It’ll be disappointing if/when it happens, but people are being really quick to assume half a dozen players will leave based on whatever article Badel shits out on a daily basis

We should be following Penrith/Storm model, and not be spending huge dollars on outside backs,. There are so many freak athletes coming through the system to take up spots in the outside backs. Spend our money on that core of players to build the club, Walsh, Maam, Carrigan, Haas and a few others who could potentially join that in Willison/Mozer.

We can't afford to have Staggs and Cobbo, and I'd be looking to let them both go if they won't take a solid pay cut, as it's money best spent elsewhere.

Dude ...
Penrith just signed the highest paid centre in the history of the comp .
So that theory is in the dumpster .

Your centres are your strike players . The guys who put the points on the score board through their play wether it be crossing the line or try assists .
You wanna skimp on them ???

We can afford every player if a) we want to, and b) they accept whatever deal we can offer to stay at the club.

Both parties have to compromise a little each way if they genuinely want the team to be successful

It’ll be disappointing if/when it happens, but people are being really quick to assume half a dozen players will leave based on whatever article Badel shits out on a daily basis

I'm not, I never believe a word Badel says.

Brent Read reporting that the Cowboys have signed Harrison Edwards from the Bulldogs on an immediate long term deal.

So the Cowboys will now release Jack Gosiewski to link with us to boost our forwards stocks. Gosiewski has asked for multiple releases from the Cowboys which have so far been denied.

It is understood that Gosiewski will play 2 more matches for the Cows before linking with us

Keep Cobbo, surely he'll take unders to stay at the club. As for Staggs offer him a low ball to stay, he's not needed because of Mariner. He either takes of low offer or let him leave, as for Oates definitely not re-sign him.

Brent Read reporting that the Cowboys have signed Harrison Edwards from the Bulldogs on an immediate long term deal.

So the Cowboys will now release Jack Gosiewski to link with us to boost our forwards stocks. Gosiewski has asked for multiple releases from the Cowboys which have so far been denied.

It is understood that Gosiewski will play 2 more matches for the Cows before linking with us
Don't see the benefit in signing him. Is there really no one else at Q Cup level that we could grab on a min deal? He's 30 in a month and is a journeyman with 60 odd games under his belt. Is there another Hosking around that we can nab for this year?

Don't see the benefit in signing him. Is there really no one else at Q Cup level that we could grab on a min deal? He's 30 in a month and is a journeyman with 60 odd games under his belt. Is there another Hosking around that we can nab for this year?

He might well be the Hosking type we are looking for. Look how good Jensen is going and he was a bit part player at the Cows too.

Hosking was only in his early to mid 20's though. I'm not sure of the upside of a signing guy already turning 30.

Hosking was only in his early to mid 20's though. I'm not sure of the upside of a signing guy already turning 30.

Mature, cheap, experienced depth - you need that. We have kids coming out of our ears but you need to balance it with some experience. Unfortunately, Taupau looks done (probably should be in the hit the wall thread), Hunt is ok but nothing earth shattering, so having another bloke with 50 games to his name AND recent NRL experience on next to nothing is a smart move.

Mature, cheap, experienced depth - you need that. We have kids coming out of our ears but you need to balance it with some experience. Unfortunately, Taupau looks done (probably should be in the hit the wall thread), Hunt is ok but nothing earth shattering, so having another bloke with 50 games to his name AND recent NRL experience on next to nothing is a smart move.

Besides it's merely a depth move in case we get another injury crisis in the back row.

At full strength, he won't be in the side

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.