Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Keep Cobbo, surely he'll take unders to stay at the club. As for Staggs offer him a low ball to stay, he's not needed because of Mariner. He either takes of low offer or let him leave, as for Oates definitely not re-sign him.

How many games has Mariner played at centre in the NRL ?
A bit of a gamble to shed the guy who is the main man on the right side to replace him with a kid who has only played a handful of games on the wing .
I like Mariner but he is unproven at centre as yet .

How many games has Mariner played at centre in the NRL ?
A bit of a gamble to shed the guy who is the main man on the right side to replace him with a kid who has only played a handful of games on the wing .
I like Mariner but he is unproven at centre as yet .
If he wants overs and is wanting to much, he's the one I want to lose out of him and Cobbo.

If he wants overs and is wanting to much, he's the one I want to lose out of him and Cobbo.

What is overs for a NSW and Australian centre ?
I hear you , I favour Selwyn . But , people are under rating Staggs and over rating Mariner at this stage IMO . Staggs has runs on the board Mariner is still potential in the centre position .

I hear you , I favour Selwyn . But , people are under rating Staggs and over rating Mariner at this stage IMO . Staggs has runs on the board Mariner is still potential in the centre position .

Just because you play for NSW and Australia doesnt automatically mean you are a top player. Nick Cotric is one that springs to mind as only a decent player who has rep honours.

700 give or take for each of them would be where im at obviously increasing as the cap increases

I hope we do keep Staggs, but I'm hoping he's one that is happy to keep current pay packet or drop a little... Staggs is 27 at the moment and Mariner is signed until 2027.

I think Mariner should continue to bide his time on the wing, where he could quite easily become an elite winger with what he brings, but if it ever does become time to transition Mariner into the centres is there an option where Staggs becomes the utility on the bench?

Staggs can cover a number of positions and he could quite easily become that Dylan Walker style small forward on the bench.

He plays centre at the moment, in 2020/21 he was playing 6 a few times for us (also played 6 for Tonga) and was one of our best when he did and he played second row as a junior.

Not calling for it now, because Staggs has been great for us so far this year, but pending how it all plays out Staggs is the kind of guy you want to keep around and when he's getting close to 30 he could drop back to the bench and become a supersub for us.

I hope we do keep Staggs, but I'm hoping he's one that is happy to keep current pay packet or drop a little... Staggs is 27 at the moment and Mariner is signed until 2027.

I think Mariner should continue to bide his time on the wing, where he could quite easily become an elite winger with what he brings, but if it ever does become time to transition Mariner into the centres is there an option where Staggs becomes the utility on the bench?

Staggs can cover a number of positions and he could quite easily become that Dylan Walker style small forward on the bench.

He plays centre at the moment, in 2020/21 he was playing 6 a few times for us (also played 6 for Tonga) and was one of our best when he did and he played second row as a junior.

Not calling for it now, because Staggs has been great for us so far this year, but pending how it all plays out Staggs is the kind of guy you want to keep around and when he's getting close to 30 he could drop back to the bench and become a supersub for us.

Kotoni isnt that small really. He's about the same height and weight as Alex Glenn was, they are just different body types.

I'd be doing whatever within reason to keep Cobbo and Staggs as our centre pairing.
If we ditch Cobbo or Staggs for Mariner we're just going to be in the same boat again when Mariner wants the big money centre contract.
Kotoni is a leader in the team now and him and Cobbo are our strike players.
Mariner has done some good things but it's still potential ATM IMO.

Kotoni isnt that small really. He's about the same height and weight as Alex Glenn was, they are just different body types.
All the more reason why he could fill a role on the bench later on in his career

Dude ...
Penrith just signed the highest paid centre in the history of the comp .
So that theory is in the dumpster .

Your centres are your strike players . The guys who put the points on the score board through their play wether it be crossing the line or try assists .
You wanna skimp on them ???
Penrith have let Burton and Crighton go because they wouldn't go over a set amount for centres.

Do you believe that the strike players in the Penrith side are Tago and May? Do you believe that the points from Brisbane are created by Staggs and Cobbo? Or is that being done by other players who should be paid more?

Strike centres are a luxury, not a necessity and that's why Penrith keep cycling through their outside backs and replacing them with up and comers when they head off to other clubs to ruin their salary cap.

Penrith have let Burton and Crighton go because they wouldn't go over a set amount for centres.

Do you believe that the strike players in the Penrith side are Tago and May? Do you believe that the points from Brisbane are created by Staggs and Cobbo? Or is that being done by other players who should be paid more?

Strike centres are a luxury, not a necessity and that's why Penrith keep cycling through their outside backs and replacing them with up and comers when they head off to other clubs to ruin their salary cap.

Burton is a bad example. The Panthers wanted to keep him, but the Bulldogs offered him big money to play 5/8. Burton was stuck behind Luai.

In fact the Bulldogs offered him the big money before he had his breakout season in the centres

Dunno ?
They just signed Isaak Tago for 3 years on 3 million dollars . They must think he has some value ?

Burton signed on to the Dogs as a #6 and Crichton as a #1 . They are reasons to leave for more opportunities . Not the Panthers didn`t rate them .

When I see Selwyn Set up the winger, run the length or pick a ball up off his toes I see a strike player .
We saw what happened when Piakura played centre .

He's a depth signing, right? Broncs are damn short on 2nd rower depth so maybe he thinks he'll get a bigger opportunity.

Why do other clubs replace players with better players after great years yet we have to lose half our 1st team to be "under" the cap?

What a rort. There's got to be questions about the warriors salary cap surely. We need to lose players bcos of the improved performances but they don't? Absolute bs

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • heartly87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.