OFFICIAL Herman Ese'ese to Knights

This wasn't reported by any news outlet, it was reported by one of those random Broncos Facebook fan pages.

Probably Daniel O'Dowd back at it again.

This wasn't reported by any news outlet, it was reported by one of those random Broncos Facebook fan pages.

Probably Daniel O'Dowd back at it again.
Actually I got the info from a friend of mine in Newcastle who said that he read it online on the Newcastle Herald page. Some fb groups are now reporting the same thing but I certainly don't get my news from them. It isn't a big story anyways, his loss will not affect the Broncos in any way imaginable.

If they release him early you think we might try to get someone from newcastle as compo ?

Actually I got the info from a friend of mine in Newcastle who said that he read it online on the Newcastle Herald page. Some fb groups are now reporting the same thing but I certainly don't get my news from them. It isn't a big story anyways, his loss will not affect the Broncos in any way imaginable.

There's nothing recent on the Newcastle Herald about it, the only references are from a week ago in which they said they were pursuing him, and the only reference of the Newcastle Herald yesterday was from a Broncos Facebook fan page.

I think your friend got bamboozled.

The way Newcastle are struggling, and desperate to sign anybody, you would think any sniff of a definite signing would be all over social media ??

Oh well, we're not exactly short on young forwards and while Herman has been good in patches, we're not losing someone who's been pulling up trees every week.

good luck herrrrrrrrrman

tbf i see Ponga playing next year and then in 2019 heading back up to the cows ( sighting homesickness ) because hell realize what a huge mistake he made by signing with knights and the cows will have the $ then with coote and Thurston finishing up

There's nothing recent on the Newcastle Herald about it, the only references are from a week ago in which they said they were pursuing him, and the only reference of the Newcastle Herald yesterday was from a Broncos Facebook fan page.

I think your friend got bamboozled.
Just spoke to him again earlier, he is adamant that it's a done deal. 3 year/500K a season is what he is claiming. I don't blame him for leaving if those figures are accurate.

Let's say it happens, fill in the team:

1. Ponga
8. Ese'ese
10. Saifiti
11. Buehrer
13. Guerra

Just spoke to him again earlier, he is adamant that it's a done deal. 3 year/500K a season is what he is claiming. I don't blame him for leaving if those figures are accurate.

then if it is a done deal, we should report the Knights to that incompetent bunch that call themselves the NRL. as he is under contract for next season. that means that they are not permitted to offer him a contract until November 1 this year.

:confusing:

Last edited:
Yep ZT has him signed for '18 as well. Going off that, I doubt Wayne will approve a release. And nor should he. Players holding clubs to ransom is getting a bit tiresome

ZT has absolutely no creditability regarding who is off contract and who isn't off contract.

ZT has absolutely no creditability regarding who is off contract and who isn't off contract.

I actually find them pretty accurate for contract end dates.

however, when the provide contract figures, that's another story. They usually get those from the media and they seem to pick a random figure. Take Bird for example, they have him on 1 million a season for the next 3 years, despite the fact that his contract bounced from 750k to 1.2 million a year. (and also despite the fact that it was reported that Milford would be the Broncos first million dollar a year player (he signed after Bird did)

Cant blame anyone for looking after themselves financially, but its disappointing. Despite saying that, i wouldnt pick him anymore this season. Focus on developing Fai and Offa, we have plenty of up and coming young forwards, so lets concentrate on those.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • porouian
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • kiwibronco
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Old Mate
  • Ffs...
  • cento
  • Rowdy124
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.