RUMOUR Luke Brooks to Broncos 2018

I'm all for finding positives in the Brooks signing, but saying that he is a better defender than Hunt is not the way to convince other members of it lol, Brooks is probably the 2nd worst defensive player in the NRL behind Maloney. Luckily for him he's still 22 and is playing on a bad defensive team, so those numbers can definitely improve.

Why are people so concerned about defense in a half? Yes, some are better than others (sometimes at hiding), but that is not what they are there for!
Besides, as UB said, teaching someone to improve his tackling, is not as hard as teaching the fine aspects of conducting a team and kicking a footy
True, but missing 36% of tackles is just not on.

True, but missing 36% of tackles is just not on.
Sure, he needs to work on that of course. Probably easier to make a better defender of him, than a better kicker of Hunt.

Genuine question...

What halves in the NRL have great defense?

Cheers

Genuine question...

What halves in the NRL have great defense?

Cheers

Townsend, Foran, Green, Cherry-Evans are probably the best 4 statistically speaking (High volume tackles, low % of missed tackles)

The haves that have a low missed tackle percentage are usually protected by the forwards on their side.

If the forwards do their job, you wouldn't really have to worry about the defence.

One of the reasons why I want Te'o.

Warriors have so much talent in their backyard that's how they can afford the spine they've got. Kiwis wanting to come home and juniors you've developer are going to be easier to recreuirt/retain for less.

And I wouldn't theoretically be against Brooks signing but this isn't a rumour at this stage, just Elias doing who the **** knows what.

Luke Brooks is settling. We deserve better..

The haves that have a low missed tackle percentage are usually protected by the forwards on their side.

If the forwards do their job, you wouldn't really have to worry about the defence.

One of the reasons why I want Te'o.

I'm not sure if that's necessarily true in every case, Townsend made an absolute crap load of tackles in 2016, more than a lot of forwards did.

Suggestions? If there's a better (realistic) option apart from Ash Taylor I'd love to know about it, maybe I've completely forgotten someone.
Brooks isn't even the dominant half at his club and they're both off contract at the same time. Josh McCrone is just as good. All Brooks has going for him is some people think because he has brown hair he's similar to Joey. I don't think there's ever been a bigger flop coming into first grade.

Brooks isn't even the dominant half at his club and they're both off contract at the same time. Josh McCrone is just as good. All Brooks has going for him is some people think because he has brown hair he's similar to Joey. I don't think there's ever been a bigger flop coming into first grade.

I didn't see a suggestion in there

I didn't see a suggestion on there
Well I've pointed towards two players who are just as good, if not better. Moses and McCrone. And no, I don't think we should sign McCrone. But we may as well if we are looking at Luke Brooks.

I'm.. not sure where to start replying to this comment, I'll leave it until tomorrow. You've rattled me by comparing him to Josh McCrone, I'll have to work out whether you're trolling or whether you've never watched Brooks play, because it's one of them.

Also, you didn't suggest anyone who you believe is a better option for the current trajectory of our team.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Justwin
  • john1420
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brotherdu
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Tmac
  • Battler
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • abashii
  • Sproj
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.