NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian To'o has been photographed (and posted it on Instagram) wearing a Bulldogs jersey :rofl
And some fool on Zero Tackle has written an article defending it

bahahaha what a clusterfuck that club is. At this point I reckon they are just fucking with everyone.
I think that is the correct choice, he came in with no input of the coach and was making hiring decisions without the coach as well, it was a signing connected to the old tigers CEO who was fucking the club.

This situation really is appalling. Where is the governing body in all of this? Surely this kid can sue the NRL and win a large sum.

How about suing the manager that got a release but didn’t have a contract ready to lodge? His contract, duty of care is to you.

How it’s the NRL’s responsibility to approve a contract they haven’t seen I’m a little unsure.

No manager I’ve spoken to about this has said anything other than 99% manager’s fault and 1% Dragons for not doing the physical first.

This situation really is appalling. Where is the governing body in all of this? Surely this kid can sue the NRL and win a large sum.
His manager should be in all sorts of trouble here.

Has mismanaged the whole release and signing and left his client out in the cold.

NRL should also be ensuring that he gets the surgery and rehab he needs, because they've allowed it all to happen under their watch.

Salary cap auditor needs to sign off on terminating a contract and signing a new one.

I particularly liked Flanagan's comments:

"I don’t want to point fingers at clubs, but in my 20 years doing this job, I’ve never had a player fail a medical, so it’s a strange one."

Same article has this picture:
9b7cd65ccec61412f776a3128655360d

UMMMM isn't that Jack Bird, who was shipped to us from Flanagan's Cronulla and promptly failed his medical? I guess a player can't fail if he's either a) doped up or b) not medically checked.

Fuckwit. So glad he didn't land at this club, I'd have mutinied.

How about suing the manager that got a release but didn’t have a contract ready to lodge? His contract, duty of care is to you.

How it’s the NRL’s responsibility to approve a contract they haven’t seen I’m a little unsure.

No manager I’ve spoken to about this has said anything other than 99% manager’s fault and 1% Dragons for not doing the physical first.

His manager is a fait accompli, he'll obviously get sued. But I would imagine the governing body itself has a duty of care to the player. Essentially, the system they have set up has provided a loop hole in which he has obviously been injured at his workplace and nothing has been put in place to compensate him for it. This to me screams serious negligence and failure of a system. I imagine a good lawyer, which he won't be able to afford, would be able to take the NRL to town on this.

His manager is a fait accompli, he'll obviously get sued. But I would imagine the governing body itself has a duty of care to the player. Essentially, the system they have set up has provided a loop hole in which he has obviously been injured at his workplace and nothing has been put in place to compensate him for it. This to me screams serious negligence and failure of a system. I imagine a good lawyer, which he won't be able to afford, would be able to take the NRL to town on this.

If you leave your current job and don’t have a new job to go to that’s poor organisation by you.

The Warriors paid him a part of the next two years. Dragons were supposed to pay the rest. He has a fair release from NZ. He has money and NZ have offered to pay for the surgery.

The Warriors have agreed to pay for Volkman's treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • john1420
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • johnyE
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwibronco
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.