PLAYER Reece Walsh

water sucks...

Adam Sandler Water GIF by Death Wish Coffee

Buzzed is up to his usual bullshit again. Started touting Walsh as a $1.6mill a year player when he is allowed to go to market next November.
Why not start that coversation now straight after the Haas hysteria. Anything to try and interupt our season.
He's def worth it but Sloshfield abviously has gone full senile and forgotten about the cap.

Reece Walsh has hire a sports psychologist to help control his emotions during games and avoid further issues with the refs.

Reece Walsh said:

“I am seeing a lady outside the club, her name is Jacqui and she has been pretty massive for me,” said Walsh.

“She works for Collingwood, she is down (in Melbourne) with them and she has worked with some NRL boys as well.

“When I talk to her, I just feel calm.

“Jacqui says the right things and we’re trying to put some strategies in place, so when I get in those (heated) situations, I have all the tools there to fall back on and be positive.

“She has been good, putting strategies in and around the things that make me frustrated on the field.

“I am a pretty energised person. I get happy easy, I love playing footy, I love winning, I love seeing the boys happy and with a smile on their face and any chance I get to bring some energy in good parts of the game, I will do that.

“There’s also parts that frustrate me, but I feel like the boys are really helping me out there, too, telling me to be calm and I can feel myself wanting to express myself but then I’m pulling myself back.

“It’s something I am working on and I will continue to work on. We’re going in the right direction.”

Reece Walsh on his suspension:

“I was disappointed in myself,” he said of the suspension and referee furore.

“It was good reflection time about the way I talk to my teammates and when to pull it back in and when to be a bit calmer.

“I am in an important role in the team and at times I have to have a steady head and that’s something I am definitely working on.

“There’s some moments out there where the boys are saying, ‘Calm, slow your brain, the team needs you here’, so it’s something I’m addressing and it’s at the forefront of my mind.

“It’s good that I am working on these things.

“When you get in trouble, you know you are letting your teammates down.

“There were three weeks there where I sat on the sideline and I let my teammates down and I let the club down.

“I really want to learn from it.

“Obviously I am still young, I am in an important role in the team, but I have to give credit to the leaders in the team, ‘Reyno’ (Adam Reynolds), ’Capes’ (Kurt Capewell) and big Patty Carrigan as well.

“They slow me down and get me back to being a smart footballer and taking the emotion out of it.

“I am working on it. It’s a part of my game I am getting better at ... I don’t want that stuff to happen again.”

Reece Walsh has hire a sports psychologist to help control his emotions during games and avoid further issues with the refs.

Reece Walsh said:

“I am seeing a lady outside the club, her name is Jacqui and she has been pretty massive for me,” said Walsh.

“She works for Collingwood, she is down (in Melbourne) with them and she has worked with some NRL boys as well.

“When I talk to her, I just feel calm.

“Jacqui says the right things and we’re trying to put some strategies in place, so when I get in those (heated) situations, I have all the tools there to fall back on and be positive.

“She has been good, putting strategies in and around the things that make me frustrated on the field.

“I am a pretty energised person. I get happy easy, I love playing footy, I love winning, I love seeing the boys happy and with a smile on their face and any chance I get to bring some energy in good parts of the game, I will do that.

“There’s also parts that frustrate me, but I feel like the boys are really helping me out there, too, telling me to be calm and I can feel myself wanting to express myself but then I’m pulling myself back.

“It’s something I am working on and I will continue to work on. We’re going in the right direction.”

Reece Walsh on his suspension:

“I was disappointed in myself,” he said of the suspension and referee furore.

“It was good reflection time about the way I talk to my teammates and when to pull it back in and when to be a bit calmer.

“I am in an important role in the team and at times I have to have a steady head and that’s something I am definitely working on.

“There’s some moments out there where the boys are saying, ‘Calm, slow your brain, the team needs you here’, so it’s something I’m addressing and it’s at the forefront of my mind.

“It’s good that I am working on these things.

“When you get in trouble, you know you are letting your teammates down.

“There were three weeks there where I sat on the sideline and I let my teammates down and I let the club down.

“I really want to learn from it.

“Obviously I am still young, I am in an important role in the team, but I have to give credit to the leaders in the team, ‘Reyno’ (Adam Reynolds), ’Capes’ (Kurt Capewell) and big Patty Carrigan as well.

“They slow me down and get me back to being a smart footballer and taking the emotion out of it.

“I am working on it. It’s a part of my game I am getting better at ... I don’t want that stuff to happen again.”
Just when you think you couldn't love the guy anymore ..

Warriors CEO Cameron George:

“I had a feeling I knew what was coming. I understood Reece’s reasons, and we wanted him to be a dad. Being separated from his daughter would have been heart-wrenching for him. He’s a good kid. But we had to do it on the proviso we had a replacement. He understood that and they knew he just couldn’t walk out. So I said to him, ‘where do you want to go?’ I was half expecting him to say the Dolphins. But he said, ‘I want to go to the Broncos. I want to go back home to them’. His heart was set on the Broncos, so that’s why it happened.”​
“We could have made him come back to New Zealand, but he couldn’t have been a father to his daughter. We’re a family club and we understand it. Charnze wanted to be home with his kids, too. They’re humans. You’ve only got to look at both of them, and they’re responding on the field because they’re happy.”​
“He had his chance and took it with us. We looked after him and he’s gone onto great things. He’s a terrific kid and a terrific player and you’ve only got to watch him this year to see how well he’s going when he’s really happy and at home. And we get a lot of satisfaction out of that.”​

Warriors CEO Cameron George:

“I had a feeling I knew what was coming. I understood Reece’s reasons, and we wanted him to be a dad. Being separated from his daughter would have been heart-wrenching for him. He’s a good kid. But we had to do it on the proviso we had a replacement. He understood that and they knew he just couldn’t walk out. So I said to him, ‘where do you want to go?’ I was half expecting him to say the Dolphins. But he said, ‘I want to go to the Broncos. I want to go back home to them’. His heart was set on the Broncos, so that’s why it happened.”​
“We could have made him come back to New Zealand, but he couldn’t have been a father to his daughter. We’re a family club and we understand it. Charnze wanted to be home with his kids, too. They’re humans. You’ve only got to look at both of them, and they’re responding on the field because they’re happy.”​
“He had his chance and took it with us. We looked after him and he’s gone onto great things. He’s a terrific kid and a terrific player and you’ve only got to watch him this year to see how well he’s going when he’s really happy and at home. And we get a lot of satisfaction out of that.”​
Oh man. Makes it so hard to hate them.

Cant hate the warriors. The Broncos and Warriors have been good to one another for a few years now. the Jesse Arthars loan, the Walsh early release all contributed to the Warriors allowing the Prince of Suncorps early return to Brisbane.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.