Round 18 - Broncos vs Panthers - Post Game Discussion

I wish it wasn't a work night, because I need a lot of drinks now!

It's tough to be a fan of a team that fights so hard but just constantly comes up short.

The Broncos just make life too hard on themselves but they absolutely put in every week, just facets of their game are letting them down and certain players are finding ways to lose the game at clutch moments.

Very disappointed.

I didn't think it could get anywhere near as bad as last game but apparently, it can.

We got beaten by an injury ravaged Penrith side that any other team would have put 18 on in the last 10 minutes. Just disgraceful.

This is one game that stands out like dogs testicles what it's like playing with one half - chaotic middle, ad hoc. Forget the stupid mistakes and slow soft defence for a minute. Once again, we have a complete inability to vreate anything meaningful consistently on both sides.

I thought the extra pressure on Hunt really showed.

But the mistakes! Bloody hell.

It's like the Broncos of old. Can't play for 80.

SCN_12-07-2014_BACK_PAGE_01_back%20page%2020110419000312970962-original_fct1024x768x44_t460.jpg

Hoffman to FB, Barba to 5/8.

Solves 2 problems

Soft underbelly, has been there all year and the lack of football over the last month showed tonight.

Hoggman --> Fullback
Hodges --> Five-Eighth
Copley --> Right Centre
Maranta --> Right Wing
Barba --> Jenny Craig

Interesting to see Griffin switch Barba and Hoffman, maybe he feels the heat now and realises Hoffman isn't giving us the options. Even the Panthers with a 3rd string 5/8 looked far more structured in attack.

Tough game with big swings in momentum but I think we handed them a bunch of those swings with dumb penalties. About 4 or 5 tries scored on the back of a penalty when it should have stayed an arm wrestle.

It's tough to be a fan of a team that fights so hard but just constantly comes up short.

The Broncos just make life too hard on themselves but they absolutely put in every week, just facets of their game are letting them down and certain players are finding ways to lose the game at clutch moments.

Very disappointed.

Pete, they hardly put in during the middle of the game mate. Players like Lowrie, Thaiday, Barba, Hunt, Hannant - all switched off at times during the match and it cost us the game.

Disgusting, insipid performance.

Something has to change. I've had enough. Swap Barba and Hoffman for a start. Make Barba do some tackling. He's so fucking lazy at the back there. Make him tackle some big Second Rowers for a few weeks.

Our defensive structure is at best: a joke. We will not make the 8 dishing up that bullshit.

Interesting to see Griffin switch Barba and Hoffman, maybe he feels the heat now and realises Hoffman isn't giving us the options. Even the Panthers with a 3rd string 5/8 looked far more structured in attack.

Tough game with big swings in momentum but I think we handed them a bunch of those swings with dumb penalties. About 4 or 5 tries scored on the back of a penalty when it should have stayed an arm wrestle.

I think it was more Barba having his worst game of the year at the back that did it. I've never seen Hoffman pass as many times as he did tonight.

Still, we looked better with Barba in the 6, so that has to start happening in prep for Milford next year.

This team is an absolute shambles. They are supposed to be a professional, well prepared NRL team. Time to get an NRL level coaching staff who have a clue.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.