Round 18 - Broncos vs Panthers - Post Game Discussion

Hoggman --> Fullback
Hodges --> Five-Eighth
Copley --> Right Centre
Maranta --> Right Wing
Barba --> Jenny Craig

Need Hodges in the centres more than ever. Barba is still good enough to play 5/8 for mine and Hoffman just has to go to FB. We have nothing consistent with Hoffman in the middle, and Barba is just ordinary at the back. He looks bored, indifferent and like he's on valium. At 5/8 at least he would be forced to work

Pete, they hardly put in during the middle of the game mate. Players like Lowrie, Thaiday, Barba, Hunt, Hannant - all switched off at times during the match and it cost us the game.

Disgusting, insipid performance.

Something has to change. I've had enough. Swap Barba and Hoffman for a start. Make Barba do some tackling. He's so fucking lazy at the back there. Make him tackle some big Second Rowers for a few weeks.

Our defensive structure is at best: a joke. We will not make the 8 dishing up that bullshit.

How were we the 2nd best defensive team behind the Bulldogs if our defense is a joke? I think tonight that was true but previously it's been our attack

You gotta think that's the end of Griffin. I don't care who replaces him, we need to throw some money at Smith once he retires and groom him, I think he wants to be a coach?

Barba has been a terrible buy. He's gotta improve dramatically, or he's going to be on massive MASSIVE overs once he enters his 3rd year.

How were we the 2nd best defensive team behind the Bulldogs if our defense is a joke? I think tonight that was true but previously it's been our attack

Our defence up the middle was awful. It was as if McC hadn't returned at all. Pretty much all of our best players were asleep at the wheel for the majority of the game which has been a theme throughout the entire season. We have a serious discipline problem

Pete, they hardly put in during the middle of the game mate. Players like Lowrie, Thaiday, Barba, Hunt, Hannant - all switched off at times during the match and it cost us the game.

Disgusting, insipid performance.

Something has to change. I've had enough. Swap Barba and Hoffman for a start. Make Barba do some tackling. He's so fucking lazy at the back there. Make him tackle some big Second Rowers for a few weeks.

Our defensive structure is at best: a joke. We will not make the 8 dishing up that bullshit.

Brisbane had barely any ball during that period, tough to defend when players are surrendering it so cheaply.

The defence was poor but hard to single out anybody in particular, a lot of players were guilty of soft efforts.

Guess I'll let you guys ride out whatever frustrations you've got. It's been a tough season, I understand, just don't make this board too messy.

don't worry guys, stay positive. another loss means another step towards griffin getting the arse. besides the broncos only train for half a season, we won our quota of games pre-origin. it's all losses from here and you can all forget about finals too.

#bronxnation

Brisbane had barely any ball during that period, tough to defend when players are surrendering it so cheaply.

The defence was poor but hard to single out anybody in particular, a lot of players were guilty of soft efforts.

Guess I'll let you guys ride out whatever frustrations you've got. It's been a tough season, I understand, just don't make this board too messy.

You'll get splinters up there, Pete. :laugh:

Should be a good game against a red hot Warriors next Saturday with a short turn around...

Should be a good game against a red hot Warriors next Saturday with a short turn around...

Gonna be hard to get a good turn out at Suncorp after that performance, if that's gonna be what we're dishing up at home games.

Our defence up the middle was awful. It was as if McC hadn't returned at all. Pretty much all of our best players were asleep at the wheel for the majority of the game which has been a theme throughout the entire season. We have a serious discipline problem

I agree today was absolute crap in patches, probably only a good 30 minutes can be scraped together from the whole game. I just thought the comment was regarding the season in general but then I was away the last 4 weeks and missed 2 games so obviously can't include those weeks.

The usual origin period slump is all I can hope for. Corey did look tired out there tonight and Hodges was tired towards the end as well. Thaiday looked like he was trying to rip in and only had one mistake that I remember , due to trying to throw a whole human off his back with the ball carrying arm.

i'm sure griffin will be over the moon by the teams character to draw level.

Mentally weak.

Since Locky left, as a team, we have been mentally weak. There's been ups and downs and round-a-bouts, but we are still mentally weak.

Losing games in the last 10 minutes = weak. Dropping that lead against the Sharks last game = weak. Inability to stamp control on this game = weak.

I think we should make the 8, but I have my doubts if we will - and maybe we don't deserve to. There are still very, very few games we were not capable of winning this year - IF we were mentally tougher. For mine, that is the single factor defining the team's performances. And I place the blame squarely on the coaching staff, because that is their domain, to prepare the team for the rigours of a season.

What really burns is that we could be so much better. There's only a couple of games we haven't been capable of closing out this year; if those losses were turned into wins by NOT giving up leads in the last 10 minutes, we would be clear of the other sides in the comp by a number of wins. Frustrating as ****.

I'm not going to name names of who was shit tonight. I think we all know, they sure as hell do as well. FFS Griff, start making the hard decisions IMMEDIATELY, or quite clearly you won't be making any for much longer. We keep saying it - enough is fucking enough!! I'd still be fucking cranky if we won, that was a piss poor game despite coming back at them twice. ****!!

We get monstered up the middle too often and need a couple of tough props. You know the situation is dire when you watch a Titans game and start wondering whether Luke Bailey is off contract...

Barba's timidity, and that is the way I see his game - timid, is a real worry, and he was looking like he was coming good. He was dreadful at the back, but the real problem is everything is on Hunt, and for mine, it really showed tonight.

Forget individual performances - up to a point. Penrith showed why they are a good side, they play like a well organized side, and their FB isn't too bad at all.

We will never win against a quality side with one half. End of story, especially with Barba so timid.

Anyway, I saw enough good patches of football to suggest we are not a spent force yet with the above caveat about playing on one leg, however well.

Waste of bloody money going to that game, I thought I was at the cricket.
I did see Hoffman pass the ball twice though.
Hunt did his mandatory backwards kick, could you imagine if he did play in the second state of origin game, its laughable that he was considered.
Penrith will make the 8 but be knocked out in the first round, the broncs not a chance in hell.
To sum up how the broncs are going just have a look at Copely, early on in the season when he was filling in for Hodges he was a world beater, he has gone backwards, as has everyone else in the team.
Warriors, Storm, Manly, Dogs, Rabbits, Knights, Dragons, Storm.
Just say they lose the Knights and Dragons games, that would be 11 loses in a row to end the seasons. I can't see them being any chance in the other 6 games.
Thanks heaps Anthony and thanks team management for allowing this crap to get this far........and for letting it continue. Well done indeed!

Hoffman was interesting tonight for no other reason than he looked to pass. "Lightbulb"! There's a chance of a try. I'll think I'll pass the ball.

I really feel sorry for Hunt. Hoffman's passing or not passing isn't the issue. The issue is he creates nothing. It's all left up to Hunt, and Macca to a much smaller extent who was ordinary I thought.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Browny
  • Thelmus
  • Battler
  • teampjta
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.