Round 18 - Broncos vs Panthers - Post Game Discussion

But now I'm curious. Spill it, 1910.

You haven't heard the last from this game.

??????????????????????

wat-why-you-no-face.png

I think i saw a panther complaining about the number on field during a scrum. Sounds like player changes or something for next game though.

LOL....OK, so he doesn't give a **** now.

Pfft.

I didn't say that, we were asked what we would like him to ACT like, because you can't honestly say from his demeanour in interviews that he is overwhelmingly endowed with passion for his club, ala Geoff Toovey or Craig Bellamy.

I didn't say that, we were asked what we would like him to ACT like, because you can't honestly say from his demeanour in interviews that he is overwhelmingly endowed with passion for his club, ala Geoff Toovey or Craig Bellamy.

Maybe he's a fiery fucker internally, but has the self control to accept blame, not use external forces as an excuse, and carry on the way a top-tier team with top tier sponsors would demand? Maybe...

Maybe he's a fiery ****er internally, but has the self control to accept blame, not use external forces as an excuse, and carry on the way a top-tier team with top tier sponsors would demand? Maybe...

Or maybe he really is just as laid back and nonchalant as he seems and his players attitude over the last 4 years and his unwillingness to make changes even in the face of multiple losses at the 'crunch time' each and every year he has been with us, is a direct reflection of that?

Maybe...

Last edited:
Or maybe he really is just as laid back and nonchalant as he seems and his players attitude over the last 4 years and his unwillingness to make changes even in the face of multiple losses at the 'crunch time' each and every year he has been with us, is a direct reflection of that?

Maybe...

Maybe :)

Some Broncos fans are happy Griffin is not as extreme as Toovey.
Some Manly fans are happy Toovey is not as indifferent as Griffin.

Somewhere I'm between. I'd like Griffin to get fired up, disappointed, not single out players but be honest about silly errors, lapses in concentration, lazy arm tackles. But don't blame the refs, the draw, or the alignment of the stars. Can't control that, even if you think a sook blowout will push the refs in your favour in later matches. It won't, some teams just feel more entitled because they're used to getting the rub of the green, and they inevitably get that anyway, tantrum or not.

Honestly if coaches act like they do during post game press conferences at training then:

Toovey rants and raves

Griffin is laid back and nonchalant

Bennett says about 3 words to his players all week (no more than 1 word at a time)

Maybe...
That's inaccurate. Griffin has made changes in the face of multiple losses at the 'crunch time' of each year since 2012 now.

2012 - Moved Norman from 5/8 to fullback.
2013 - Swapped Ben Hunt into halfback for Peter Wallace.

That's inaccurate. Griffin has made changes in the face of multiple losses at the 'crunch time' of each year since 2012 now.

THAT'S inaccurate. Those changes have been post crunch-time and with the season effectively needing a miracle.

Depends how you interpret the saying 'crunch time'. To me it means the point in the season where it is still possible to 'save' your season and improve the team's performance enough through personnel changes, to cobble together enough wins to make the 8 and not be enjoying mad Monday while half the comp is still in contention...

Neither of those changes were made when this was still possible. They were only made after we were gone for the season.

This year crunch time started with our lady bye. We hit miracle territory if we lose to warriors.

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.