Round 18 - Broncos vs Panthers - Post Game Discussion

aww man, the first nrl game i see in 6 weeks and i'm dished up that?
**** this i'm going back to brazil/cancun.

though it is heartening to see everyone is beginning to unify in their thoughts on griffin, it's good, the forum will be in harmony soon.

4 or 5 of the Panthers 6 tries came on the back of piggy-back penalties handed to them, which doesn't excuse the poor line defense (which has been one of our strengths). Some penalties were warranted, others (especially those in the first 15 minutes) were ridiculous!

Our Origin backrowers looked tired, especially Thaiday was horrible in the ruck defense, missing five tackles and opening holes for their dummy half runners to exploit because he wasn't getting back onside in time. He ended up redeeming himself with some terrific runs in the second stint.

Can't see why people blame Copley, as his only "mistake" was not catching the ball that Idris batted back.

Barba has always been dodgy under the high ball, even in his Dally M season, let's not kid ourselves. The bomb he tried to kick fell really short and he went for a low percentage/high reward kick, which you really can't do in your own half after defending 5 tackles, but I'm not sure he could've reached the ball to actually catch it tbh.

I think our defense and discipline let us down, with Thaiday, Lowrie, Hunt and Hoffman the biggest culprits.

Let's see whether Barba at 5/8 and Hoffman at FB makes a difference. Like someone said, maybe the time spent at 5/8 might make Hoffman a better fullback when in possession of the ball...

Defence once again lets us down. Attitude has to have a lot to do with it. We play like an inexperienced side. We are in and out of games.

We play like our coach.

Nonchalant

We would like to win, as long as that's ok. Doesn't matter if we lose as long as the efforts there.

We are the team version of Anthony griffins persona

We play like our coach.

Nonchalant

We would like to win, as long as that's ok. Doesn't matter if we lose as long as the efforts there.

Shit, spot on, never realised it until now. Hence the lack of aggression.

Shit, spot on, never realised it until now. Hence the lack of aggression.
I've saying it for months!

And I'll get in before anyone else... must be my accent that prevented you guys from understanding me. :thefinger:

And I'll get in before anyone else... must be my accent that prevented you guys from understanding me. :thefinger:

Was going to say that. But saying it's racist.

And I'll get in before anyone else... must be my accent that prevented you guys from understanding me.

It's not the accent, it's the missing words that have prevented us from understanding you. :aetsch:

We play like our coach.

Nonchalant

Personally, I'm glad Griffin doesn't carry on like Toovey or Bellamy.

Personally, I'm glad Griffin doesn't carry on like Toovey or Bellamy.

Somewhere in between would be nice. Love to see him fire up but I just don't think he has it in him...soft as a fucking pillow, exactly how we are playing...

Somewhere in between would be nice. Love to see him fire up but I just don't think he has it in him...soft as a fucking pillow, exactly how we are playing...

You're not saying soft as a pillow because of his interviews are you .....?

I've always found them well thought out and realistic, with a dry sense of humour. He rarely whines about bad calls

and for most of the time says we were poor when we've been poor.

A quite reservedness shouldn't be mistaken for being aloof or lacking passion........

You're not saying soft as a pillow because of his interviews are you .....?

I've always found them well thought out and realistic, with a dry sense of humour. He rarely whines about bad calls

and for most of the time says we were poor when we've been poor.

A quite reservedness shouldn't be mistaken for being aloof or lacking passion........

I think he's an intelligent man, but his...dull demeanour seems to have rubbed off on the team. I'm basing this on what I see from him in interviews, press conferences, footage from the sheds, etc. I could well be wrong.

Who or what, would you like him to act like then ....?

Who or what, would you like him to act like then ....?

Someone who actually gives a shit about how his team is going or at least someone who has a clue of how to turn things around now that we're on the slide...

LOL....OK, so he doesn't give a shit now.

Pfft.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Cavalo
  • Skathen
  • pennywisealfie
  • dudemcdude4976
  • Mr Fourex
  • The Don
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.